https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

Murray on a free would be great. Kalas will go permanently to Boro

St. Andrews White

I also think Murray on a free could be class, he tore up the Championship and on a free transfer it seems a fairly obvious signing to me.
Kalas will almost certainly go to Boro, he's been there for around 18 months and got regular playing time.
Only reason he would come to nus is because we're local to where he effectively grew up in Chelsea's academy, and Boro won't offer him regular playing time in the Prem.

Anichebe an interesting one; always just seemed like a bruiser, and not the most talented one at that but if someone wants to tell me otherwise please do!
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Hoppus

I am 36 years old and find it humiliating that we judge Murray for being too old :D

AnEssexFan

I really wouldn't want to see us sign anichebe. That would be a case of signing someone purely because they've been released by a premier league club.
@leightonrw07

westcliff white

Not that we are linked with him but Anichibe is a strange one, there were times at Everton when he was unplayable, pace strength and directness, the same at West Brom, that in the Championship could be dynamite, however he has not been consistent in his performances. If he could be consistent then he could be a good singing.

All if's and buts
Every day is a Fulham day

Porthogs FC

Anichebe was one of the few striker's that I was not scared of FulhamFC facing. That's been a rare thing in the past three years.
Oh, and would be an indicator of not being worth it?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 20, 2016, 06:01:23 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on May 20, 2016, 01:51:55 PM
I am 36 years old and find it humiliating that we judge Murray for being too old :D

Age is just a number. Players like people age at different stages, and at a different pace. For example Wayne Rooney and Ross McCormack have the bodies of a more advanced age than the average person or athlete. Whereas others like Ryan Giggs, Scott Parker etc can look fitter and sharper because of the way they are made. To hold Glen Murreys age against him is very unfair.

Don't worry nearly as much about his age as I do the reasoning for having started less than 20 matches each season since the 2013 season. 30K a week is a lot to pay for someone who seems to be a 60 minute or less player each week.

I don't know if he's been injured or stuck in a Matt Smith type scenario where he's been under contract but nowhere near the preferred option.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Green Machine

westcliff white

Nope Bobby is injury prone and past his sell by date these days

f321ffc

SPAEn su reciente entrevista a Faro de Vigo, Carlos Mouriño desvelaba que el Celta había recibido una oferta de seis millones de euros de un club de la Championship inglesa por un jugador importante. Desde ElDesmarque Vigo os podemos confirmar que el futbolista es Sergi Gómez y que dos equipos que negocian su incorporación son el Fulham y el Queens Park Rangers. Sergi Gómez, presente y futuro para el eje de la zaga El Celta quiere renovar a Sergi Gómez El primero en dar el nombre del catalán fue el compañero de Tu Radio, Fon García, en su cuenta personal de Twitter. Una vez confirmada la información, nos pusimos en contacto con el representante del jugador, Francesc Valdivieso, quien nos confirmó que Sergi Gómez tiene un agente inglés que se encarga de gestionar su futuro. Esta persona lleva directamente las negociaciones tanto con los clubes británicos como con el Celta por su renovación. Pese a que Mouriño da prácticamente por cerrada la renovación del central, Valdivieso nos aseguró que "puede ser un verano intenso para él porque ya ha recibido propuestas de Fulham y QPR; y no son las únicas. Se desconoce la cantidad exacta de la cláusula de rescisión de Sergi Gómez, aunque podría estar en torno a esos 6 millones de euros. El defensa termina contrato el 30 de junio de 2017 y en Inglaterra es un jugador con un gran cartel. Amigos personales como Muniesa, actual jugador del Stoke City, le han hablado muy bien del fútbol británico. Hasta el momento, solo Fulham y QPR, dos clubes de la Segunda División inglesa con un gran potencial económico, han mantenido negociaciones serias con el agente británico del catalán. Sergi Gómez no ve con malos ojos una salida, pero solo una oferta irrechazable económicamente le llevaría a dejar el Celta por un equipo de la Championship. El verano se prevé intenso en 'Casa Celta' con este asunto.

ENG
In his recent interview to Faro de Vigo, Carlos Mouriño revealed that the Celtic had received an offer of six million euros of a club of the English Championship by a major player. Since ElDesmarque Vigo os we can confirm that the footballer is Sergi Gomez and that two computers that negotiate their incorporation are the Fulham and the Queens Park Rangers. Sergi Gomez, present and future for the shaft of the lagging behind the Celtic wants to renew to Sergi Gomez The first to give the name of the Catalan was the companion of your radio, Fon García, in your personal account on Twitter. Once confirmed the information we got in contact with the representative of the player, Francesc Valdivieso, whom we confirmed that Sergi Gomez has an English agent that is responsible for managing its future. This person leads directly the negotiations both with the clubs British as with Celta for its renewal. Despite that Mouriño da by practically closed the renewal of the central, Valdivieso assured us that "can be an intense summer for him because he has already received proposals from Fulham and QPR; and they are not the only ones. We are unaware of the exact quantity of the termination clause of Sergi Gomez, although it could be around those 6 million euros. The defense contract ends on 30 June 2017 and in England is a player with a large poster. Personal Friends as Muniesa, current player in the Stoke City, you have spoken very well of the British soccer. So far, only Fulham and QPR, two clubs of the English second division with a great economic potential, have maintained in serious negotiations with the British agent of Catalan. Sergi Gomez do not see with bad eyes output but only one offer irresistible economically would lead him to leave the Celtic by a team from the Championship. The summer is expected intense in 'Celtic house' with this matter.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Barrett487

Quote from: f321ffc on May 21, 2016, 02:35:07 PM

ENG
In his recent interview to Faro de Vigo, Carlos Mouriño revealed that the Celtic had received an offer of six million euros of a club of the English Championship by a major player. Since ElDesmarque Vigo os we can confirm that the footballer is Sergi Gomez and that two computers that negotiate their incorporation are the Fulham and the Queens Park Rangers. Sergi Gomez, present and future for the shaft of the lagging behind the Celtic wants to renew to Sergi Gomez The first to give the name of the Catalan was the companion of your radio, Fon García, in your personal account on Twitter. Once confirmed the information we got in contact with the representative of the player, Francesc Valdivieso, whom we confirmed that Sergi Gomez has an English agent that is responsible for managing its future. This person leads directly the negotiations both with the clubs British as with Celta for its renewal. Despite that Mouriño da by practically closed the renewal of the central, Valdivieso assured us that "can be an intense summer for him because he has already received proposals from Fulham and QPR; and they are not the only ones. We are unaware of the exact quantity of the termination clause of Sergi Gomez, although it could be around those 6 million euros. The defense contract ends on 30 June 2017 and in England is a player with a large poster. Personal Friends as Muniesa, current player in the Stoke City, you have spoken very well of the British soccer. So far, only Fulham and QPR, two clubs of the English second division with a great economic potential, have maintained in serious negotiations with the British agent of Catalan. Sergi Gomez do not see with bad eyes output but only one offer irresistible economically would lead him to leave the Celtic by a team from the Championship. The summer is expected intense in 'Celtic house' with this matter.

Same story

Latest transfer rumours: QPR and Fulham want same central defender from La Liga

QPR and Fulham are both interested in Celta Vigo centre half Sergio Gomez - according to Spanish sports site to El Desmarque Vigo .

It appears the west London rivals are in talks to sign the defender, and a £4.6 million bid has been lodged by one of them - more than likely Fulham after the club was released from its transfer embargo this week.

Whites head coach Slavisa Jokanovic enjoyed the best of his playing career in Spain, and established plenty of contacts during his time there.

Gomez is a Barcelona academy graduate. But the 24-year-old found first-team opportunities scarce at Nou Camp, and moved to Celta in summer of 2014, since when he has made his mark.

Gomez made 31 La Liga appearances for Vigo this past season that helped the club to a top half position.

The report further claims the defender has an English representative working for him and he has begun talks over a potential switch to the Championship with either Whites or Hoops.

Spanish clubs apart from the two El Clasico teams of Real and Barca don't have the financial clout of many English clubs, and a move to the Championship has its attractions.

Gomez's contract with the Celta expires 2017 that allows them to command a substantial fee rather than let the player walk for nothing next summer.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/latest-transfer-rumours-qpr-fulham-11366876

f321ffc

Slavisa Jokanovic‏ @Jokanovic
Visita a La Romareda para ver el Real Zaragoza vs Nástic de Tarragona de la Segunda División española.

At La Romareda to see the Spanish Second Division clash between Real Zaragoza and Nástic de Tarragona.

I wonder who he is watching, hopefully  some decent defenders .
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Lighthouse

Grant Hanley Blackburn centre half being linked to Fulham among others.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2016, 01:50:57 PM

Reckon he'd work well alongside Madl.

Wouldn't say no to that.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Jims Dentist

I have been touting Handley as a good signing for some time.
Would be delighted if it happens.

westcliff white

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2016, 01:50:57 PM
where was this Lighthouse, decent signing if we can get him just not seen him linked anywhere

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: AnEssexFan on May 20, 2016, 05:50:14 PM
I really wouldn't want to see us sign anichebe. That would be a case of signing someone purely because they've been released by a premier league club.

Agreed, if they have been released by the Premier League club I would say it's a case of they are not a natural Premier League player. By this I mean to say that just because they played in the Prem does not mean they were good enough to be there, and thus signing a "Premier League" player means nothing if they were released by their club because they could not compete at that level of play.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Jamie88

Quote from: maoconnor on May 22, 2016, 06:57:50 PM
Quote from: AnEssexFan on May 20, 2016, 05:50:14 PM

Agreed, if they have been released by the Premier League club I would say it's a case of they are not a natural Premier League player. By this I mean to say that just because they played in the Prem does not mean they were good enough to be there, and thus signing a "Premier League" player means nothing if they were released by their club because they could not compete at that level of play.

That, plus the fact that Anichebe is useless.

Delboy

Just getting the silly season thread of the front page.  049:gif