https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: @jolslover on June 10, 2016, 04:16:12 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 10, 2016, 02:44:35 PM
Steven Fletcher just released by Sunderland.
Would not take.. Massive wages at Sunderland that we could spend on someone better.

Someone better, like who?. Personally think he'd be worth a punt. Would command big wages but still only 29, great in the air and a lot more mobile than Matt Smith. Could be a good springboard for him to kickstart his career

Nero

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 10, 2016, 04:24:42 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on June 10, 2016, 04:16:12 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 10, 2016, 02:44:35 PM
Steven Fletcher just released by Sunderland.
Would not take.. Massive wages at Sunderland that we could spend on someone better.

Someone better, like who?. Personally think he'd be worth a punt. Would command big wages but still only 29, great in the air and a lot more mobile than Matt Smith. Could be a good springboard for him to kickstart his career

I would take him, especially if we can flog McCormack for 15m

PaulJ123

Sell Smith for 1m and get Fletcher in would be great business.

Don't know why everyone's so keen on keeping Smith, however a good 'target man' he might be, doesn't suit us with the lack of pace/crossing ability that we lack

AnEssexFan

Nick Powell has been released by Man Utd. He's still only 22, surely worth a try to sign him?
@leightonrw07

westcliff white

wigan and an unnamed prem club after nick powell
Every day is a Fulham day

Bracken White

Would be unsure if Fletcher is effective as Smith, in all honesty, at a far greater cost.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

AnEssexFan

I find it strange we say smith lacks pace and goals but we'll sign fletcher whose performances at Sunderland in recent seasons have been nothing but pedestrian.
@leightonrw07

BestOfBrede

Quote from: @jolslover on June 09, 2016, 11:38:08 PM
Also seen us linked with Stokes, Would NOT take Stokes. Huws I would have but Wigan paid 2.5mill and he is not worth more than that, so sadly again a no from me.
You are joking right?
Stokes is brilliant and exactly what we need!
(Assuming we give up football and take up cricket, of course!)
:005:

Bassey the warrior

I'd definitely take Fletcher if we can negotiate a reasonable deal. Natural goalscorer.

Bronaldinho

Fletcher is a proven scorer.

Would definitely take him on a free transfer any day over Danny Graham or Anthony Stokes!

Nevertheless, reportedly earned silly money at Sunderland (£60k) so that'd be a stumbling block.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Bronaldinho on June 10, 2016, 08:05:09 PM
Fletcher is a proven scorer.

Would definitely take him on a free transfer any day over Danny Graham or Anthony Stokes!

Nevertheless, reportedly earned silly money at Sunderland (£60k) so that'd be a stumbling block.

Completely agree with that.
Anthony Stokes decent-ish scoring record for a massive club in a mickey mouse league or Fletcher with about 50 odd premier league goals? Fletcher any day of the week

Mince n Tatties

Palace have bid 5 million for Lewis Dunk.
That will be us out of the running again I suppose..

Asotosyios

If Fletcher was to join us, he would definitely not get £60k per week. The difference between Premier League and Championship wages is vast and the players (and their agents) know it.
I read recently that Hoilett was on £42k per week on QPR and he has now been offered an extension for £8-10k per week.

mike_corkcity12

I don't think Dembele will join Galatasaray.

This is Turkey's most relaible sports website and they have zero mention as far as I can see. http://www.ntvspor.net/takim/futbol/galatasaray/1

Personally I am being petty and would laugh to see Dembele join Galatasaray and squander his career in Turkey.

Surprised Spurs haven't come in for him considering he underwent a medical last January.

Texas White

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on June 11, 2016, 11:46:50 AM
I don't think Dembele will join Galatasaray.

This is Turkey's most relaible sports website and they have zero mention as far as I can see. http://www.ntvspor.net/takim/futbol/galatasaray/1

Personally I am being petty and would laugh to see Dembele join Galatasaray and squander his career in Turkey.

Surprised Spurs haven't come in for him considering he underwent a medical last January.

Maybe they found the dodgy knees...

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 11, 2016, 11:32:08 AM
If Fletcher was to join us, he would definitely not get £60k per week. The difference between Premier League and Championship wages is vast and the players (and their agents) know it.
I read recently that Hoilett was on £42k per week on QPR and he has now been offered an extension for £8-10k per week.

Hoilett already held talks with Swansea and rumours were that he asked for silly money. So doubt he'll sign the extension at QPR.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Asotosyios

Quote from: Bronaldinho on June 11, 2016, 04:40:55 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on June 11, 2016, 11:32:08 AM

Hoilett already held talks with Swansea and rumours were that he asked for silly money. So doubt he'll sign the extension at QPR.

Probably not; the article I read mentioned that he was between Swansea and QPR. I just used that as an example that the wages in the Championship are significantly less than in the Premier League and that every player that will make such a move won't expect to earn as much as they would earn in the Premier League.

river phoenix

This Robert Mak lad of Slovakia looks like a good player. I just checked transfermarkt.com and he has one more year of his contract with PAOK. Worth a bid.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: river phoenix on June 11, 2016, 06:26:18 PM
This Robert Mak lad of Slovakia looks like a good player. I just checked transfermarkt.com and he has one more year of his contract with PAOK. Worth a bid.

Agree (based on one match) but if we have spotted it it is pretty certain some higher profile club also has. But you can only but ask.

Mince n Tatties

QPR after Seko Fofana,along with Hamburg.
I liked him,think he will turn out to be useful.