more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 05, 2016, 05:47:10 PM
What is going on? 31 days till we play Newcastle and only 1 signing. Jok will be patching a team together for that came at the rate things are going.

Newcaslte have Ritchie, Gayle and all the others.

We will have Ream and Stearman defending against them.
Who will play left back if Ream is at centre back.

Jamie88

Quote from: filham on July 05, 2016, 06:17:07 PM
What is going on? 31 days till we play Newcastle and only 1 signing. Jok will be patching a team together for that came at the rate things are going.

The almighty Kavanagh. Oh dear

David I

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 05, 2016, 06:57:02 PM
What is going on? 31 days till we play Newcastle and only 1 signing. Jock will be patching a team together for that came at the rate things are going.

The almighty Kavanagh. Oh dear
We should have been doing a lot more early on... Other clubs have recognised who/what they need and done the business..
Us... the usual promise of investment then unable to close deals on the players we want.
False economy..... Not spending a few pounds extra to ensure we sign players we need leaves us dropping down the league giving the others a head while we wait for the players we do sign to finally gel......
This then creates the negative of having to play catch up....

Hoppus

Denis Odoi is wanted by Fulham. Fullback from Belgium.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Odoi

Source is Twitter :)

(MVS) ‏@MichVergauwen

NEWS! @FulhamFC are interested in Denis ODOI (28, defender, @KSCLokeren). Has contract until june '17 so there's a fee. @hlnsport #FulhamFC

westcliff white

Ive sopent 3 years in Brussels working, watched a lot of Anderlevht and Belgium Football in general, same with the Dutch league. In relation to Odoi I saw him in a couple of games before he went to Lokeren. I dont actually remembe to much about him, however speaking to a colleague of mine in Brussels who is an Anderlecht fan he hads this to say just 5 minutes ago when I asked about Odoi, i put our conversation below......

Me - Denis Odoi wanted by fulham. ex Anderlecht?
Colleague - ah, he's at lokeren nowadays
Me - any good? (cant remember him)
Colleague - not bad. not great :)
Me - average then lol
Colleague - a bit above maybe :)
Me - ok
Colleague - can play right or leftback
Me - we need some full backs
Colleague - rather small player, not sure very suited for championship football, technically ok
Me - thanks
Every day is a Fulham day

Hoppus

Quote from: westcliff white on July 06, 2016, 08:57:20 AM
Ive sopent 3 years in Brussels working, watched a lot of Anderlevht and Belgium Football in general, same with the Dutch league. In relation to Odoi I saw him in a couple of games before he went to Lokeren. I dont actually remembe to much about him, however speaking to a colleague of mine in Brussels who is an Anderlecht fan he hads this to say just 5 minutes ago when I asked about Odoi, i put our conversation below......

Me - Denis Odoi wanted by fulham. ex Anderlecht?
Colleague - ah, he's at lokeren nowadays
Me - any good? (cant remember him)
Colleague - not bad. not great :)
Me - average then lol
Colleague - a bit above maybe :)
Me - ok
Colleague - can play right or leftback
Me - we need some full backs
Colleague - rather small player, not sure very suited for championship football, technically ok
Me - thanks

Thanks.
I hope that we have done some scouting.

Chutney

Jazz Richards.... *Shudders*
C O Y W

Hoppus

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on July 06, 2016, 11:22:23 AM
Sheffield Wednesday have had a £13 million bid accepted for Ross McCormack - @TFS_SheffWed

I'm done, I'm officially done. Shahid Khan, Tony Khan, Mike Rigg, the lot of you F**K OFF!!!  :031:

I really doubt that. That "news" was out yesterday.

westcliff white

Sheffield Wednesday have had a £13 million bid accepted for Ross McCormack - @TFS_SheffWed

I'm done, I'm officially done. Shahid Khan, Tony Khan, Mike Rigg, the lot of you F**K OFF!!!  :031:
because twitter is official news is it? and ross appears to be in one of the vines (is that what they are called) on the official FFC twitter feed i think

Horsfield_No9

Zero reliable source on this. It's not on a single news site, it only exists as that tweet from some Shef wed fan account. Not concerned.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 06, 2016, 11:30:53 AM

The supposed link is also dead. If we had accepted any bid for Ross, the BBC, Sky would be all over it. Plus, we've already stated, its 15 million, or go away.

Zero reliable source on this. It's not on a single news site, it only exists as that tweet from some Shef wed fan account. Not concerned.

westcliff white

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 06, 2016, 11:30:53 AM

OIt appeared around 12 hours ago on TFS FUlham and TFS Sheff Wed twitter account, speculation accounts The SWFC news twitter says we have told them 15 million or nothing that was 6 hours ago, so its all twitter folk with nothing better to do at this stage.

Although 15 million, woud we as a club take it or would you as a poster take it?

dannyboi-ffc

It's hard to say at this point but I'm not actually that bothered about Ross going for 13m. At his age I think that's a good deal and although he is our talisman I don't think he gives the team the balance it needs. I wanna see Cairney in the hole with 2 wingers either side and a goalscorer in front. Although Ross is more than just a goalscorer I struggle to work out a formation that fits both Cairney and Ross into it.

Having said all that if he doesn't go I'll also be happy.  As long as these players are replaced and the 13m spent on improving the team as a whole then I won't be upset. But if they cash in and we start the season with Smith and Woodrow then I'll be fuming.

The club have a 2 and a half week window to keep me on board. After that I will be convinced no one at the club knows what they are doing nor do they have any urgency at a time when we desperately need to hit the ground running and get a team to gel

Tick tock Khan and Rigg, Tick tock
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 06, 2016, 11:34:47 AM

It's hard to say at this point but I'm not actually that bothered about Ross going for 13m. At his age I think that's a good deal and although he is our talisman I don't think he gives the team the balance it needs. I wanna see Cairney in the hole with 2 wingers either side and a goalscorer in front. Although Ross is more than just a goalscorer I struggle to work out a formation that fits both Cairney and Ross into it.

Having said all that if he doesn't go I'll also be happy.  As long as these players are replaced and the 13m spent on improving the team as a whole then I won't be upset. But if they cash in and we start the season with Smith and Woodrow then I'll be fuming.

The club have a 2 and a half week window to keep me on board. After that I will be convinced no one at the club knows what they are doing nor do they have any urgency at a time when we desperately need to hit the ground running and get a team to gel

I'm in the same camp Danny. You could do quite a bit with the 13M and yes people we say where will goals come or assists. Well they will come from elsewhere, that's what happens a team evolves and new stars appear.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on July 06, 2016, 12:09:45 PM

I'm in the same camp Danny. You could do quite a bit with the 13M and yes people we say where will goals come or assists. Well they will come from elsewhere, that's what happens a team evolves and new stars appear.

At last a sense of realism and, dare I say it, optimism.   You take the field with those who want to play for you and nobody else.  Passengers make a side weak as we should all know only too well.  Whether Ross stays or goes life goes on and FFC can still be the best in the Championship.  Don't criticise the food until you have tasted it.

Chesh

If you took every 'claim' on twitter at face value you would have caved in long ago - surely it's sensible to find further verification before such a meltdown?

Not saying it's impossible but  a tad premature.... :022:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Joseffc

Quote from: Chesh on July 06, 2016, 12:31:10 PM

If you took every 'claim' on twitter at face value you would have caved in long ago - surely it's sensible to find further verification before such a meltdown?

Not saying it's impossible but  a tad premature.... :022:

Toys. Pram.

Chutney

So, we nearly go down, two seasons running, and your solution to that is to sell arguably the best player in the division. If we have any intention to progress we should be signing players like Ross McCormack, not selling them.

Who could we sign for £13 mil that has a proven goal scoring record that matches McCormack?
C O Y W

Two Ton Ted

So, if they sell McCormack and bring in Bamford on loan (as has been mooted), then I'm sure they'd say that was great business.

Never ever bloody anything ever.

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on July 06, 2016, 12:36:33 PM

So, we nearly go down, two seasons running, and your solution to that is to sell arguably the best player in the division. If we have any intention to progress we should be signing players like Ross McCormack, not selling them.

Who could we sign for £13 mil that has a proven goal scoring record that matches McCormack?

see you are just reading the headlines and not the contents of the discussion. there is more to this than just anyone wanting to sell Ross. Danny brings up the tactical side of things but lets just ignore that eh? Yes Ross scores lots and has assisted a good number as well. I'm not advocating selling him, but if an offer came along at that total then you need to consider it looking at the bigger picture. Tactical and financial issues come into play.  And personally I would not spend 13m on another player to replace him. It would be about building a team and not trying to rely on one star player.