watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alexmur

Quote from: Statto on July 06, 2016, 07:48:40 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 06, 2016, 07:38:06 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 06, 2016, 07:35:16 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on July 06, 2016, 07:25:39 PM
Quote from: Riversider on July 06, 2016, 05:16:26 PM
Were owned not by a multi millionaire but by a multi Billionaire, worth over 4 times what Al Fayed is worth, let that sink in for a minute !

I hope you're saying this tongue in cheek, cos my understanding of FFP is that you can't plough endless funds into a team without remaining within a threshold nett loss? It doesn't matter how rich the owner is, it's how sustainable the team is. If i've misinterpreted your post i apologise.
Nope your right, but if you stay in the division you will pay a fine, if it is a small breach then an embargo, for me we should go the QPR route, then dispute the fine like they have, and have not paid it for 3 plus years.
Nope your right that is the issue, however he can do it if he wants too. However, if you don't go up you will pay a huge fine and or then face an embargo, for me we should go the QPR route, then dispute the fine like they have, and have not paid it for 3 plus years.

IMO given the number of clubs appearing to disregard FFP, the football league have two options: (1) scrap the whole system or (2) impose more meaningful sanctions, eg, points deductions, in certain cases. Sod's law we'd disregard FFP and then be the first club the football league make an example of with (2) next year
a clubs spending should be based on the the one of the biggest club in the league, for example a Preston North end should be able to invest the same as Newcastle to keep the league competitive and to help owners invest money, why they stop rich people investing in their own businesses is mad you wouldn't get it any other businesses and let's be honest football is a business.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Chutney

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 11:17:50 AM
Quote from: Chutney on July 08, 2016, 10:50:39 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 10:49:08 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 08, 2016, 09:07:07 AM
White Noise ‏@WhiteNoise1879  2h2 hours ago
White Noise Retweeted Eerste Klasse
Denis Odoi has agreed terms with Fulham but there may be a twist as a Belgian team is also interested in him. #ffcWhite Noise added,
Eerste Klasse @eersteklasse

It would appear to preclude Denis Odoi Sporting Lokeren will be leaving soon. The wing back has a personal agreement with Fulham, but there may be still a surprising turn in the transfer file in the making.
So knows Het Laatste Nieuws that a Belgian top team on the sleeve of Odoi draws: KAA Gent. Hein Vanhazebrouck would quite like the defender in and sees in him an ideal competitor for right-back Thomas Foket and a back-up for left Nana Asare. That Odoi is polyvalent, thereby naturally plays in his favor.
It is not yet clear what Odoi 's needs: a domestic top club or a foreign adventure. Between 2011 and 2013, the now 28-year-old defender has played two more seasons for RSC Anderlecht, but that was not successful.

This seems to say that he is wanted by Gent as a competitor for right back and back up for left back. He may prefer to be first choice at Fulham.

Doesn't sound too promising that he would be considered a back up in a mediocre Belgian league team...

Do you mean Gent are mediocre? They won the league in 2014-15 and were third last season.

Or do you mean that the Belgium league is mediocre? Maybe but their system seems to produce some half decent players.

Yes, I know they are relatively good in Belgium, and have historically been consistent, but the league itself isn't of a particularly high standard. If he is considered a back up option to teams from such a league then why should we be considering him an option?

Don't get me wrong I'm hoping he turns out to be a good signing, just questioning the logic behind him being a target, is he perhaps another stats team find? 
C O Y W

westcliff white

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on July 08, 2016, 11:16:14 AM
FULHAM, GRIEZMANN, MITROGLOU...

Considering what happened last night, it's worth remembering that Fulham could have signed Antoine Griezmann in 2014.

However, they were quoted a fee of £12m by Real Sociedad and the move did not materialise.

Instead they signed Kostas Mitroglou, for a similar fee on Deadline Day. Fair to say that didn't turn out too well...

How different things could've been...

Must have meant that Mitro was cheaper than Griezmann
Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 08, 2016, 11:37:31 AM
Newcastle sign Jesus Gamez

Incredible signing, will be on big wages. He could walk into any non top 6 prem team.
STH H3

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Chutney on July 08, 2016, 12:15:51 PM
Denis Odoi has agreed terms with Fulham but there may be a twist as a Belgian team is also interested in him. #ffcWhite Noise added,

It would appear to preclude Denis Odoi Sporting Lokeren will be leaving soon. The wing back has a personal agreement with Fulham, but there may be still a surprising turn in the transfer file in the making.
So knows Het Laatste Nieuws that a Belgian top team on the sleeve of Odoi draws: KAA Gent. Hein Vanhazebrouck would quite like the defender in and sees in him an ideal competitor for right-back Thomas Foket and a back-up for left Nana Asare. That Odoi is polyvalent, thereby naturally plays in his favor.
It is not yet clear what Odoi 's needs: a domestic top club or a foreign adventure. Between 2011 and 2013, the now 28-year-old defender has played two more seasons for RSC Anderlecht, but that was not successful.

This seems to say that he is wanted by Gent as a competitor for right back and back up for left back. He may prefer to be first choice at Fulham.

Doesn't sound too promising that he would be considered a back up in a mediocre Belgian league team...

Do you mean Gent are mediocre? They won the league in 2014-15 and were third last season.

Or do you mean that the Belgium league is mediocre? Maybe but their system seems to produce some half decent players.

Yes, I know they are relatively good in Belgium, and have historically been consistent, but the league itself isn't of a particularly high standard. If he is considered a back up option to teams from such a league then why should we be considering him an option?

Don't get me wrong I'm hoping he turns out to be a good signing, just questioning the logic behind him being a target, is he perhaps another stats team find? 

We are some distance away from this. We don't know much about the Belgium league, Gent, their backs or Odoi.

Just because the translation of some journalist says Odoi is wanted as backup doesn't mean a reasonable person would consider him to be only to be a back up.

Let's welcome him, trust Jokanovic and make our own judgement when we have seen him play a few games.

Hoppus

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 12:48:00 PM

We are some distance away from this. We don't know much about the Belgium league, Gent, their backs or Odoi.

Just because the translation of some journalist says Odoi is wanted as backup doesn't mean a reasonable person would consider him to be only to be a back up.

Let's welcome him, trust Jokanovic and make our own judgement when we have seen him play a few games.

I have read that he is in very good physical condition (good header – even though he is not that big) and that he is very quick. He is also an offensive threat (good crosses). Let`s hope he is a Madl kind of guy (better than I expected).

Southdowns White

Whoever we end up signing I just hope some of them are proven at Championship level and the others understand how Physically demanding it's going to be. We seemed to have signed too many lightweights over the last 3 seasons and have been out muscled in virtually every game.

westcliff white

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 12:48:00 PM

Spent 3 years living and working in Brussels, I would say I have a good understanding of the league in Belgium and the Netherlands as watched a hell of a lot in those 3 years.
Every day is a Fulham day

kempkong

How is it Newcastle are doing all this brilliant business and keeping their better players or putting huge figures on their heads whilst we have signed one player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJG

Quote from: kempkong on July 08, 2016, 01:12:45 PM
How is it Newcastle are doing all this brilliant business and keeping their better players or putting huge figures on their heads whilst we have signed one player?

Helps if you are just relegated from one of the biggest leagues in the world financially, have one of the best matchday incomes and money in the bank

Mince n Tatties

Newcastle now in for Grant Hanley who we were after.

Hoppus

Aston Villa FC Verifisert konto
‏@AVFCOfficial

Breaking news: We are delighted to announce the signing of goalkeeper @PierGollo. #AVFC #WelcomeGollini

He was linked to Fulham.

Tooting legend

They can have Hanley if true that Blackburn want 10million  064.gif

WolverineFFC

Quote from: MJG on July 08, 2016, 01:18:45 PM

Helps if you are just relegated from one of the biggest leagues in the world financially, have one of the best matchday incomes and money in the bank

Yup.

Unlike Fulham 2 years ago, they are not squandering their financial and competitive advantage over other championship teams. 

zander

Quote from: Hoppus on July 08, 2016, 01:34:03 PM

‏@AVFCOfficial

Breaking news: We are delighted to announce the signing of goalkeeper @PierGollo. #AVFC #WelcomeGollini

He was linked to Fulham.

I'm glad we stayed clear at over £4m. We have too many needs to be spending that on a keeper.

Fulham76

Quote from: zander on July 08, 2016, 01:49:41 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on July 08, 2016, 01:34:03 PM

‏@AVFCOfficial

He was linked to Fulham.

I'm glad we stayed clear at over £4m. We have too many needs to be spending that on a keeper.

Keeper for us is key & currently a big problem I think.

Our keepers cost us quite a few goals last season

MJG

Quote from: WolverineFFC on July 08, 2016, 01:47:20 PM

Yup.

Unlike Fulham 2 years ago, they are not squandering their financial and competitive advantage over other championship teams. 
The real difference is their cashflow and matchday income. Much richer than us even back then.

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on July 08, 2016, 01:53:23 PM

Yup.

The real difference is their cashflow and matchday income. Much richer than us even back then.

Still no excuses for the way we absolutely failed during what was one of the most crucial windows in our history. When you look at Hull, Norwich, burnley etc... They all used their competitive edge in the market to invest and keep hold of their best players. We squandered our opportunity to do the same and now look where we are, constantly battling relegation. We no longer have the chance to do the same.

Its depressing to see how much better other teams are run when compared to our own.
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on July 08, 2016, 02:00:24 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 08, 2016, 01:53:23 PM

Yup.

Still no excuses for the way we absolutely failed during what was one of the most crucial windows in our history. When you look at Hull, Norwich, burnley etc... They all used their competitive edge in the market to invest and keep hold of their best players. We squandered our opportunity to do the same and now look where we are, constantly battling relegation. We no longer have the chance to do the same.

Its depressing to see how much better other teams are run when compared to our own.
Dont get me wrong the summer of 2014 was completely mismanaged.
There are lots of reasons why the yo yo clubs had an advantage over us and its been covered before.
When you look back on things we got relegated a year too early really for Tv deals to kick in. Its a bit more complicated than that, but it was never going to be easy for us in so many ways.