The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolverineFFC

Quote from: MJG on July 08, 2016, 01:53:23 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on July 08, 2016, 01:47:20 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 08, 2016, 01:18:45 PM
Quote from: kempkong on July 08, 2016, 01:12:45 PM
How is it Newcastle are doing all this brilliant business and keeping their better players or putting huge figures on their heads whilst we have signed one player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Helps if you are just relegated from one of the biggest leagues in the world financially, have one of the best matchday incomes and money in the bank

Yup.

Unlike Fulham 2 years ago, they are not squandering their financial and competitive advantage over other championship teams. 
The real difference is their cashflow and matchday income. Much richer than us even back then.

Oh, I agree. Newcastle are a massive club compared to FFC.

Doesn't change the fact that Fulham wasted their competitive advantage over the past 2 years. Now they are on a level playing field with the rest of the Championship and due to FFP, cannot buy their way out.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 08, 2016, 01:51:38 PM
Quote from: zander on July 08, 2016, 01:49:41 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on July 08, 2016, 01:34:03 PM

Aston Villa FC Verifisert konto
‏@AVFCOfficial

Breaking news: We are delighted to announce the signing of goalkeeper @PierGollo. #AVFC #WelcomeGollini

He was linked to Fulham.

I'm glad we stayed clear at over £4m. We have too many needs to be spending that on a keeper.

Keeper for us is key & currently a big problem I think.

Our keepers cost us quite a few goals last season

I was just thinking this. Betts is decent but nowhere near a top 6 keeper yet and Lonergan has gone...

Northern Cottager

Quote from: WolverineFFC on July 08, 2016, 02:19:50 PM
How is it Newcastle are doing all this brilliant business and keeping their better players or putting huge figures on their heads whilst we have signed one player?

Helps if you are just relegated from one of the biggest leagues in the world financially, have one of the best matchday incomes and money in the bank

Yup.

Unlike Fulham 2 years ago, they are not squandering their financial and competitive advantage over other championship teams. 
The real difference is their cashflow and matchday income. Much richer than us even back then.

Oh, I agree. Newcastle are a massive club compared to FFC.

Doesn't change the fact that Fulham wasted their competitive advantage over the past 2 years. Now they are on a level playing field with the rest of the Championship and due to FFP, cannot buy their way out.

Our advantage was Khan coming in and the parachute payments. Instead of poo or bust we sat there and signed fotheringam.

kempkong

I forgot about fotheringham...now I'm really depressed.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: kempkong on July 08, 2016, 02:28:49 PM
I forgot about fotheringham...now I'm really depressed.

Want me to add to it?

Mitrogolou
Labyad
Mattilla

Ordar

Newcastle are going to walk the league next year. Nice easy start for us....

kempkong

We need a few signings to give us all some faith again. Come on rigg I've been one of the few that believed he would be brilliant for the club and we would finally have someone who knows football and can get us great players.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: westcliff white on July 08, 2016, 01:02:41 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 12:48:00 PM
Quote from: Chutney on July 08, 2016, 12:15:51 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 11:17:50 AM
Quote from: Chutney on July 08, 2016, 10:50:39 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 10:49:08 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 08, 2016, 09:07:07 AM
White Noise ‏@WhiteNoise1879  2h2 hours ago
White Noise Retweeted Eerste Klasse
Denis Odoi has agreed terms with Fulham but there may be a twist as a Belgian team is also interested in him. #ffcWhite Noise added,
Eerste Klasse @eersteklasse

It would appear to preclude Denis Odoi Sporting Lokeren will be leaving soon. The wing back has a personal agreement with Fulham, but there may be still a surprising turn in the transfer file in the making.
So knows Het Laatste Nieuws that a Belgian top team on the sleeve of Odoi draws: KAA Gent. Hein Vanhazebrouck would quite like the defender in and sees in him an ideal competitor for right-back Thomas Foket and a back-up for left Nana Asare. That Odoi is polyvalent, thereby naturally plays in his favor.
It is not yet clear what Odoi 's needs: a domestic top club or a foreign adventure. Between 2011 and 2013, the now 28-year-old defender has played two more seasons for RSC Anderlecht, but that was not successful.

This seems to say that he is wanted by Gent as a competitor for right back and back up for left back. He may prefer to be first choice at Fulham.

Doesn't sound too promising that he would be considered a back up in a mediocre Belgian league team...

Do you mean Gent are mediocre? They won the league in 2014-15 and were third last season.

Or do you mean that the Belgium league is mediocre? Maybe but their system seems to produce some half decent players.

Yes, I know they are relatively good in Belgium, and have historically been consistent, but the league itself isn't of a particularly high standard. If he is considered a back up option to teams from such a league then why should we be considering him an option?

Don't get me wrong I'm hoping he turns out to be a good signing, just questioning the logic behind him being a target, is he perhaps another stats team find? 

We are some distance away from this. We don't know much about the Belgium league, Gent, their backs or Odoi.

Just because the translation of some journalist says Odoi is wanted as backup doesn't mean a reasonable person would consider him to be only to be a back up.

Let's welcome him, trust Jokanovic and make our own judgement when we have seen him play a few games.
Spent 3 years living and working in Brussels, I would say I have a good understanding of the league in Belgium and the Netherlands as watched a hell of a lot in those 3 years.

Jolly good.

But you don't seem to have taken part in the exchanges so my comment does not apply to you.

So what is your opinion of Odoi?

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Chutney on July 08, 2016, 02:00:24 PM

Yup.

Still no excuses for the way we absolutely failed during what was one of the most crucial windows in our history. When you look at Hull, Norwich, burnley etc... They all used their competitive edge in the market to invest and keep hold of their best players. We squandered our opportunity to do the same and now look where we are, constantly battling relegation. We no longer have the chance to do the same.

Its depressing to see how much better other teams are run when compared to our own.

While the club didn't bathe itself in glory in the Summer 2014 window, the biggest problem is the roster had totally rotted out. Way too many old, expensive players who weren't good anymore. Keeping Magath to clean house was ridiculous, but we were in massive trouble regardless.

Aston Villa is a more comparable situation this summer than Newcastle.

Horsfield_No9

First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

kempkong

A quality centre midfielder and 2 defenders and I will be happy with the window but I would still want more.

Nero

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 08, 2016, 04:04:35 PM
Sone signs!http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/july/08/sone-aluko-arrives

Ayite on the left, Aluko on the right, Matt Smith up front, 15m for McCormack in the bank, bobs your uncle fannys your aunt promotion here we come.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: kempkong on July 08, 2016, 04:09:37 PM
A quality centre midfielder and 2 defenders and I will be happy with the window but I would still want more.

Woah! What about full backs, a goalkeeper and a half decent striker to replace Dembele's goals?

kempkong

To be honest I'm happy with betts in goal and Frederick on the right leaving us short on the left and in the centre. Also with the better wingers it will allow McCormack to be up top with cairney just behind which should get us goals I think we need a holding midfielder though to control the game and protect our back 4

westcliff white

So Joka was saying yesterday the next few days we will see strengthening rather than having a go at those above, there's a surprise, people always look to see the worse
Every day is a Fulham day

mkras99

Jonathan Kimbabu ‏@JonathanKimbabu  56m56 minutes ago
#Fulham have had a bid accepted for defender Denis Odoi, however the player is in talks with two other clubs, will bring you more asap #FFC

Jonathan Kimbabu ‏@JonathanKimbabu  54m54 minutes ago
However player is very much favouring a move to #Fulham great ambition from the club #Odoi

J.Perkins

We've done 3 out of the 10 deals wanted. We have failed so far.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: J.Perkins on July 08, 2016, 07:02:03 PM

Well, if you believe it's realistic to have made all 10 signings by now, then we've failed. The transfer window is as long as it is for a reason.....and that's coming from someone who is as impatient (right now) as the worst of them.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mkras99 on July 08, 2016, 07:01:07 PM
Jonathan Kimbabu ‏@JonathanKimbabu  56m56 minutes ago
#Fulham have had a bid accepted for defender Denis Odoi, however the player is in talks with two other clubs, will bring you more asap #FFC

Jonathan Kimbabu ‏@JonathanKimbabu  54m54 minutes ago
However player is very much favouring a move to #Fulham great ambition from the club #Odoi

Much as I'd love for us to have some quality fullback help, it's the "great ambition from the club" bit that's perked my ears the most. First I've read that from anyone not contractually obligated to speak favorably of the club.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

BestOfBrede

Quote from: J.Perkins on July 08, 2016, 07:02:03 PM
So you know, for fact, ten players we have attempted to sign?
Blimey, are you in bed with Slavisa?