https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPCL

Quote from: @jolslover on July 10, 2016, 05:50:05 PM
Quote from: JPCL on July 10, 2016, 05:41:03 PM
Ran into Patrick Bamford in Holborn last night and he said he's looking for a loan move to a London Based club & would consider dropping to a championship club. I was like should join Fulham and he said 'would be an option' but no one has enquired about him all summer! Realistically only us QPR and Brentford are viable if wants to stay in London

Brilliant news, if this is real we should be all over this. Class player.

No lie saw him in Belgo Holborn! Never said he was joining us just said doesn't see himself breaking into the first team at Chelsea and would like a loan move somewhere local as doesn't wanna be away from his Family again!

cmg

Quote from: f321ffc on July 10, 2016, 05:50:41 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 10, 2016, 05:25:59 PM

We may have been in with the chance of getting Irony a few years ago. But we can't afford Ironys wages.
Heard he signed for West Ham.

They're not fussy.
Any old irony.

westcliff white

Do we need Hendrick (however unlikely people think that is) and McDonald? Unal wouldn't be too bad if a transfer not a loan unless the loan is with an option to buy.

Do we need any more defenders after Odoi (if he comes? everyone's been on about our back line but is lighthouse right that it may have been a case of too many to choose form
Every day is a Fulham day

colinwhite

We  need a decent ,vocal ,strong centre back tolead our defense.

f bloke

Quote from: westcliff white on July 10, 2016, 08:24:19 PM
Do we need Hendrick (however unlikely people think that is) and McDonald? Unal wouldn't be too bad if a transfer not a loan unless the loan is with an option to buy.

Do we need any more defenders after Odoi (if he comes? everyone's been on about our back line but is lighthouse right that it may have been a case of too many to choose form

To use old fashioned vernacular, we have a few no 6s but no no 5s. One of the many reasons why we have been so poor at set pieces

dannyboi-ffc

If the club want to add quality then we need as much of it as we can get. There's a big difference between signing Hendrik and McDonald to signing Ohara and Matilla.

If push comes to shove I'd happily move Tunnicliffe on. Imo he isn't good enough and doesn't have the best attitude in the world.

Hendrik/ Faurlin
McDonald
Cairney
LVC
Parker

I think I'd take that if the others moved on. With defence I think we need a better centre half to play on the left alongside Madl. Stearman and Ream are fine for backup left and right but neither proved good enough to take us to the next level. And Amorebieta won't be here come the Newcastle game. 

Other than Cairney, LVC, Fredericks and Bettinelli I could take or leave all our squad from last year to be honest. And even then I only feel Cairney is good enough to walk into the team week in week out.

But I'm still positive honest lol. Actually I'm quite happy with the names we are linked with, I just hope we cover all areas and do it in the next 10 days or so
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FFC1999

Maybe im being greedy, but wouldn't mind another striker. I think Madl and Stearman could easily work as a partnership so not as worried about the centre of defence.

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 10, 2016, 08:39:36 PM

If the club want to add quality then we need as much of it as we can get. There's a big difference between signing Hendrik and McDonald to signing Ohara and Matilla.

If push comes to shove I'd happily move Tunnicliffe on. Imo he isn't good enough and doesn't have the best attitude in the world.

Hendrik/ Faurlin
McDonald
Cairney
LVC
Parker

I think I'd take that if the others moved on. With defence I think we need a better centre half to play on the left alongside Madl. Stearman and Ream are fine for backup left and right but neither proved good enough to take us to the next level. And Amorebieta won't be here come the Newcastle game. 

Other than Cairney, LVC, Fredericks and Bettinelli I could take or leave all our squad from last year to be honest. And even then I only feel Cairney is good enough to walk into the team week in week out.

But I'm still positive honest lol. Actually I'm quite happy with the names we are linked with, I just hope we cover all areas and do it in the next 10 days or so

Happy here also, even if 2/3 of them are correct its a good sign

@jolslover

Quote from: FFC1999 on July 10, 2016, 08:43:59 PM
Maybe im being greedy, but wouldn't mind another striker. I think Madl and Stearman could easily work as a partnership so not as worried about the centre of defence.

Vydra please.
STH H3

Riversider

westcliff white

Stearman is what around 6ft 2 / 6ft 3? I know its pahysical league but a lad that size and with his build should be able to cope.

Madl I tend to agree with if he had someone similar build next to him, but with a regualt partner of Stearmans size I think it could turn out ok, as I say I think.

We have what 4 CB's now? Stearman, Madl, Ream and Bourderov thats without the youngsters, where as last year I think we had 6 plus the youg guns, so maybe these guys will gain confidence in the fact that they are first choice and will play like they are first choice. Just hoping as we have not been linked with any centre backs as yet.

Hoppus

Stearman is so slow, remind me of Senderos. Please no.

dannyboi-ffc

The big issue with a partnership of Stearman and Madl is they both clearly play on the right side of a pairing. Which means one of them will have to play on the left out of position so to speak. This very rarely works out to be a good thing.

I think we all agree Madl starts so for the balance of the team it's either Amorebieta (who is leaving), Ream (who isn't good enough) or a new left sided centre half.

If we play 3 at the back then I can see Stearman being good enough but I still think even then we need a new centre half for the left of a 3.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

westcliff white

agree Danny, could we see Madl play right back?

Joka seems to favour (or he did at Watford and Macabbi) a 4-3-3 formation, pace widand all that etc. So maybe wont be a 3 at the back. If Madl plays centre then ues we will need a poper left sided Centre back to do the business.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on July 11, 2016, 08:04:48 AM

Joka seems to favour (or he did at Watford and Macabbi) a 4-3-3 formation, pace widand all that etc. So maybe wont be a 3 at the back. If Madl plays centre then ues we will need a poper left sided Centre back to do the business.

Isn't that a bit like playing Cairney on the wing?Yes it does a job but does it really make sense to put the best player for their preferred position out of position?

Ţhis is something for a Baird who can't get a looking over Hangeland and Hughes so we fit him in where he can do a job. I don't think it makes sense to do it with your best players. We should build the defence around Madl imo.

I see Stearman and Ream as decent backup. Ones left, ones right.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 11, 2016, 08:15:12 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 11, 2016, 08:04:48 AM

Isn't that a bit like playing Cairney on the wing?Yes it does a job but does it really make sense to put the best player for their preferred position out of position?

Ţhis is something for a Baird who can't get a looking over Hangeland and Hughes so we fit him in where he can do a job. I don't think it makes sense to do it with your best players. We should build the defence around Madl imo.

I see Stearman and Ream as decent backup. Ones left, ones right.
Your spot on Danny, for me it would be, I was just speculatingg could he play there, would they play him there or has he played there before, thought someone when we signed him said he could play at right back.

If we play 4-3-3 then Cairney will start right I am sure, but for me the front 3 shuld go every where, swapping positions, sides etc so they are harder to pick up

westcliff white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 11, 2016, 08:30:51 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 11, 2016, 07:41:28 AM
Stearman is what around 6ft 2 / 6ft 3? I know its pahysical league but a lad that size and with his build should be able to cope.

Madl I tend to agree with if he had someone similar build next to him, but with a regualt partner of Stearmans size I think it could turn out ok, as I say I think.

We have what 4 CB's now? Stearman, Madl, Ream and Bourderov thats without the youngsters, where as last year I think we had 6 plus the youg guns, so maybe these guys will gain confidence in the fact that they are first choice and will play like they are first choice. Just hoping as we have not been linked with any centre backs as yet.

Unfortunately Richard Stearman is 6'1" and around 11st if that.
Just checked the offal and it has him at 6'2" and 11stone 9, thats a little lighter than me lol.

I am not overly against Stearman playing, thought towards the end of the season he looked decent compared to earlier in the season