Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: twang on July 13, 2016, 11:58:15 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 13, 2016, 11:49:33 AM
Quote from: twang on July 13, 2016, 11:47:50 AM
I'd be OK with Cameron Jerome plus, say, ~£5m for Ross.

You mean Cameron Jerome the guy who missed sitter after
sitter last season to get Norwich relegated....No thanks.

Yep, the very same player that fired them into the Premier League in the first place. Which is what we aim to do, not stay in a league we're no longer a part of.

Id possibly take 10m plus Jerome. But what you're saying is you think Cameron Jerome is worth 8million as we've apparently been offered 13m cash????? If Ross goes I think we need to get a much better deal than 5M plus a donkey.

Jerome is a good option to have but for the right price and not as a replacement for how important Ross was
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

kempkong

Why can't we just throw a 30 million price tag on him like Newcastle do with their players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 13, 2016, 12:07:13 PM

But what you're saying is you think Cameron Jerome is worth 8million as we've apparently been offered 13m cash????? If Ross goes I think we need to get a much better deal than 5M plus a donkey.

I agree.

Jerome has never, in my opinion, been worth £8M and - for a player who turns 30 next month - certainly isn't anywhere near that value now.

twang

Yep, the very same player that fired them into the Premier League in the first place. Which is what we aim to do, not stay in a league we're no longer a part of.

Id possibly take 10m plus Jerome. But what you're saying is you think Cameron Jerome is worth 8million as we've apparently been offered 13m cash????? If Ross goes I think we need to get a much better deal than 5M plus a donkey.

Jerome is a good option to have but for the right price and not as a replacement for how important Ross was

Ross last season in the Championship: 45 games, 21 goals, 10 assists.
Jerome the season before last in the Championship: 41 games, 18 goals, 7 assist (plus 2 goals and 1 assist in the 3 Play Off games).

That's one good donkey!

And regarding the price: Yes, in the current market I'd say Jerome is worth somewhere between £5-10m.

copthornemike

£13M+ is at first sight good for a Championship player of MacCormack's age in isolation.

But he not only gives a team 20+ goals a season he also contributes a large number of assists and arguably also increases the transfer of anyone consistently playing alongside him. It will e illuminating to see how Moussa does without SuperMac beside him - however if we had tied him to a contract how much would his transfer value have been?

We might find if either Woodrow or Smith play a substantial number of games alongside him this season their market value increases by a not insignificant amount.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: twang on July 13, 2016, 12:46:13 PM

Jerome the season before last in the Championship: 41 games, 18 goals, 7 assist (plus 2 goals and 1 assist in the 3 Play Off games).

That's one good donkey!

And regarding the price: Yes, in the current market I'd say Jerome is worth somewhere between £5-10m.

Agree to disagree then as I wouldnt pay a penny over 3 million for him. The only thing he has that I think is useful is his pace but your stats suggest he knows where the back of the net is.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

zander

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 13, 2016, 12:54:15 PM

That's one good donkey!

Agree to disagree then as I wouldnt pay a penny over 3 million for him. The only thing he has that I think is useful is his pace but your stats suggest he knows where the back of the net is.

Jerome is an odd one. I've never rated him but he's recently shown he can perform in the championship.

Earlier in his career he was nothing short of woeful, good size and pace but never a chance of scoring. I still see that now and he continues to miss absolute sitters. 

westcliff white

That's one good donkey!

Camron Jerome has 93 goals in 407 carear league games

He has played 6 season sin the championship (on eof which he only played one game so must have been injured) totalling 196 games and scoring 58 goals so one goal in just inder 3.37 games or so

Ross has 133 goals in 381 carear games.

he has played 9 seasons in the championship (one of those seasons wa sjust 2 games so assuming he was also injured) totalling 303 games scoring 116 goals in those games a goal every 2.61 games

So for me if Jerome is worth 8 million the Ross is worth 26 million, to put it another way Ross at 13  million means HJerome is worth about 4 million
Every day is a Fulham day

Texas White

I don't think we should sell. It's not enough money for what he gives the team. Age is irrelivent if we get promoted. Can you quantify the value on a successful season.

twang

That's one good donkey!

Agreed! Some players you rate, some players you don't.

twang

Quote from: westcliff white on July 13, 2016, 01:05:49 PM

He has played 6 season sin the championship (on eof which he only played one game so must have been injured) totalling 196 games and scoring 58 goals so one goal in just inder 3.37 games or so

he has played 9 seasons in the championship (one of those seasons wa sjust 2 games so assuming he was also injured) totalling 303 games scoring 116 goals in those games a goal every 2.61 games

So for me if Jerome is worth 8 million the Ross is worth 26 million, to put it another way Ross at 13  million means HJerome is worth about 4 million

I see where you're coming from, but you're not taking one important aspect into consideration: They are both the same age. And while Ross has played his best years in the Championship and tearing it apart, Jerome has played the majority of his best years in the Premier League, where he's struggled.

So when Ross has played his best football last three seasons all in the Championship, Jerome has played one of those in the Championship and two in the Premier League. The only recent comparable season (14/15), Jerome scored more than McCormack. But then he played in a top team and Ross didn't. So even that might not be a fair comparison.

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on July 13, 2016, 01:24:51 PM

I see where you're coming from, but you're not taking one important aspect into consideration: They are both the same age. And while Ross has played his best years in the Championship and tearing it apart, Jerome has played the majority of his best years in the Premier League, where he's struggled.

So when Ross has played his best football last three seasons all in the Championship, Jerome has played one of those in the Championship and two in the Premier League. The only recent comparable season (14/15), Jerome scored more than McCormack. But then he played in a top team and Ross didn't. So even that might not be a fair comparison.
I get that but I have taken stats from just the championship, a players best years could be anytime, and if Camerons bets was what he showed in the prm then we should steer clear.

But as you said to Danny some you rate and some you dont
Every day is a Fulham day

alexmur

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 13, 2016, 11:57:13 AM

Cameron Jerome?? Dear oh dear, I'd think I'll lose the will to live if that happens
Jerome plus 15 million for McCormack

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

twang

Quote from: westcliff white on July 13, 2016, 01:27:32 PM
Quote from: twang on July 13, 2016, 01:24:51 PM

I get that but I have taken stats from just the championship, a players best years could be anytime, and if Camerons bets was what he showed in the prm then we should steer clear.

But as you said to Danny some you rate and some you dont

True, but except for 14/15 Jerome hasn't played a full season in the Championship since 08/09. That's quite a while ago.
And regarding the Prem, Ross could have struggled just as much in it - that's something we'll never know. But I have my suspicions.

But yes, let's drop this discussion until Jerome is at least rumoured to be on his way...

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: twang on July 13, 2016, 01:15:56 PM

That's one good donkey!

Agreed! Some players you rate, some players you don't.

:54:

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Chutney

Cameron Jerome is not even half as good ability wise as McCormack, they are literally worlds apart in terms of footballing ability and intelligence. What Cameron Jerome has in his locker is pace and strength, but ask him to do anything that requires thought or technical ability and he crumbles. He reminds of of Darren Bent, in that they are both quick and strong, they both scored goals previously in their careers, but they are both complete liabilities if they receive the ball more than 5 yards from goal. Jerome should be avoided at all costs

C O Y W

filham

Yes, it makes good common sense to sell Ross for say £12m and then use the money wisely to replace him and to fill one or two other gaps in the team.

However, our history shows that when we get big money for a players we take ages to replace them and the money is never used wisely.

Who did we get to replace Dempsey and Dembele and how was the money used.

In our case it is undoubtedly best to hang on to any talented player we have.

Riversider

QPR getting value out of the market, bought Jake Bidwell the Brentford Captain, and a very good left back for just £1.3 million and are now about to sign Jordan Cousins from Charlton for a million, two players that I would have been very happy for us to sign.

@jolslover

Would not have Cameron Jerome and dont think hes a jokanovic type player. If we could sell Mccormack for 12million. I think Huddersfield or Bristol would be very tempted with a 6mill bid for Wells or Kodjia. Both strikers that can play up top by themselves and are more complete than Mccormack. The remaining 6mill can be spent on a new CB.
STH H3

terryr

does anyone have the time to list a summary of who has been shipped out and who has come in?
There seems to be a flurry of activity and I dont recognize the names.
am travelling like a mad man at the moment and not organized enough to piece it together from this and other threads
Much obliged
T