BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Quote from: westcliff white on July 19, 2016, 08:39:32 AM
Quote from: rweller86 on July 19, 2016, 08:37:30 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 19, 2016, 07:23:22 AM
Quote from: Statto on July 18, 2016, 11:29:38 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 18, 2016, 04:18:25 PM
Our owners birthday today.

What's our net transfer spend?

£5m for Mitroglou, presumably a couple more for Stek, Dembele and hyndman combined

Can't have spent more that £4m on Madl, Ayite, Odoi

So it looks like rather than delivering the promised investment this summer, Khan has taken a few million out the coffers to buy himself a birthday present 
Dembele will be set by a tribunal at a further date in time, Stek moved for around £750,000 (how true i do not know was reported in the dutch press as €1,000,000), Hyndmann apparently we agreed a fee with Bournemouth rather than go to tribunal, anywhere up to £500,000 i would guess and Mitro was an agrrred fee per his loan deal of circa €7,500,000 i believe but cannot be sure as all this is just as reported and is all conjecture.

Ayite was repoerted in France as aropund €2,500,000, Odoi was around €1,000,000 per Belgian press, Madl I have seen othing but guess a fee was agreed when we loaned him.

Without knowing who is still to come in and what they will cost it is hard to say that he has, is going too or hasnt spent money, always look on the glass half full saide myself, cannot look at it as a glass half empty

I would hope we get a bit more for Hyndmann because of his age
Apparently, accroding to articles and here say we didnt, no one had offered for him either so we didnt have that to use in negotiations. If gone to a tribunal they take into account (i believe) any offers, size of club going to, division they are in etc.

however it seems we took 500k or so

I read that we got 750k for Hyndman. To be honest you dont need to spend massive to get out of this division, just have to be shrewd. As it stand right now i think we have done some pretty good business. I would hope there will be some investment on a CM, CB and a CF.

westcliff white

Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on July 19, 2016, 09:43:03 AM

£5m for Mitroglou, presumably a couple more for Stek, Dembele and hyndman combined

So it looks like rather than delivering the promised investment this summer, Khan has taken a few million out the coffers to buy himself a birthday present 
Dembele will be set by a tribunal at a further date in time, Stek moved for around £750,000 (how true i do not know was reported in the dutch press as €1,000,000), Hyndmann apparently we agreed a fee with Bournemouth rather than go to tribunal, anywhere up to £500,000 i would guess and Mitro was an agrrred fee per his loan deal of circa €7,500,000 i believe but cannot be sure as all this is just as reported and is all conjecture.

Ayite was repoerted in France as aropund €2,500,000, Odoi was around €1,000,000 per Belgian press, Madl I have seen othing but guess a fee was agreed when we loaned him.

Without knowing who is still to come in and what they will cost it is hard to say that he has, is going too or hasnt spent money, always look on the glass half full saide myself, cannot look at it as a glass half empty

Apparently, accroding to articles and here say we didnt, no one had offered for him either so we didnt have that to use in negotiations. If gone to a tribunal they take into account (i believe) any offers, size of club going to, division they are in etc.

I read that we got 750k for Hyndman. To be honest you dont need to spend massive to get out of this division, just have to be shrewd. As it stand right now i think we have done some pretty good business. I would hope there will be some investment on a CM, CB and a CF.
the problem is everything fee wise is guess work, we do not disclose them, and no one really knows any fee that is paid or quoted to be correct, I read years ago that papers are not actually allowed to report the exact fee so its always roudned here there and everywhere, dont know if that is true.

I tend to agree with your comments about being shrewd, I do think that maybe you need a marquee signing (for the want of a better term) at times certainly if you want to find a striker. I do temper the we have done pretty good business part as a lot of people on the board said the same last year and look what happened to us.

Hopefully htis year the managerr has a plan and the lads execute it.
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on July 19, 2016, 09:47:33 AM

the problem is everything fee wise is guess work, we do not disclose them, and no one really knows any fee that is paid or quoted to be correct, I read years ago that papers are not actually allowed to report the exact fee so its always roudned here there and everywhere, dont know if that is true.

I tend to agree with your comments about being shrewd, I do think that maybe you need a marquee signing (for the want of a better term) at times certainly if you want to find a striker. I do temper the we have done pretty good business part as a lot of people on the board said the same last year and look what happened to us.

A quick point. We criticise the club a lot for undisclosed fees. But the PL in the summer of 2013 posted a report that of 115 transfers that summer, only 5 were fully made public. Quite damming really.

hovewhite

Surely it's about quality more than amounts spent and I'm happy with the new players so far as I can be at this stage.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on July 19, 2016, 10:44:31 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 19, 2016, 09:47:33 AM

A quick point. We criticise the club a lot for undisclosed fees. But the PL in the summer of 2013 posted a report that of 115 transfers that summer, only 5 were fully made public. Quite damming really.
I am far from critiscising just pointing out no one ever knows the real fee paid

westcliff white

Quote from: hovewhite on July 19, 2016, 10:55:55 AM
Surely it's about quality more than amounts spent and I'm happy with the new players so far as I can be at this stage.
I agree, but as I keep saying everyone seemed happy last summer too, so for me we need to temper our ambitions and expectations as otherwise everyone just gets on the team and coahcing staffs back after the first game. We have probably the toughest first game we could have got.

westcliff white

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: westcliff white on July 19, 2016, 11:00:36 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 19, 2016, 10:55:55 AM
I agree, but as I keep saying everyone seemed happy last summer too, so for me we need to temper our ambitions and expectations as otherwise everyone just gets on the team and coahcing staffs back after the first game. We have probably the toughest first game we could have got.

To be honest I thought we had good summer buys last year - but they failed to live up to expectations. This years recruits I'm less impressed with so far.

westcliff white

who knows Rhys maybe from our persepctive we cant think that Malone can be any worse than Jazz, who has been a disaster at times. And maybe they feel the same way.

Perhaps we will all end up thinking the same of the new signings too.

Mince n Tatties

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: westcliff white on July 19, 2016, 11:10:48 AM
who knows Rhys maybe from our persepctive we cant think that Malone can be any worse than Jazz, who has been a disaster at times. And maybe they feel the same way.

Hard to find a way back for Jazz after his game at Brentford when he was eaten alive. Might as well try another player for no pounds.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

westcliff white

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 19, 2016, 11:12:07 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 19, 2016, 11:10:48 AM

Hard to find a way back for Jazz after his game at Brentford when he was eaten alive. Might as well try another player for no pounds.
I agree

FulhamStu

Reports suggest jazz was a bit of a bad apple.  I also suspect Malone will be more competitive.  He said he liked to press and I think he is more aggresive than jazz.  He is quite tall I think for a full back and with him left and Kalas right fullbacks, with an imposing central defender to go alongside Madl we will be much tougher in defence.  We then have Odoi and Fredereicks to bring on if we want more pace and offensive play.  Or of course we could start with Fred and Odio and bring on Malone to help hold a lead.   Basically, this again suggest we are going to play 4-3-3.

westcliff white

they are getting Negredo so maybe they done need him?

HillingdonFFC

Being linked with Sehrou Guirassy again, Lille and Cologne had agreed fee of 6m euros but he failed the medical

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 19, 2016, 03:06:41 PM
Being linked with Sehrou Guirassy again, Lille and Cologne had agreed fee of 6m euros but he failed the medical

Did he fail a medical? A report that I read stated that the deal fell apart due to disagreements over the fee.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

snarks

Jamie88

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 19, 2016, 11:11:01 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 19, 2016, 11:04:45 AM
Malone confirmed

Is that the Major signing they were all on about at weekend? :022:

One person you mean. Who had made a Twitter post