watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

according to the Daily Record Norwich to bid 15 million for Ross, is that the rumoured escape clause fee?
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on July 25, 2016, 07:34:10 AM
according to the Daily Record Norwich to bid 15 million for Ross, is that the rumoured escape clause fee?

that was the one floating around.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

If that is true then we will find it hard to turn that amount down.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on July 25, 2016, 09:33:43 AM

If that is true then we will find it hard to turn that amount down.

If the release cause is met it can't be turned down
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

nope we have to let him talk to them, although someone on here said that there was a date that the fee became non applicable which would then mean we do not have too let him speak to them.

westcliff white

having said that why would we put a date on it as then we maybe forced to take less

Jonnoj

Quote from: westcliff white on July 25, 2016, 09:47:30 AM
having said that why would we put a date on it as then we maybe forced to take less
So that we don't have to sell - eg Dembele the 1st where we were left with no time to find replacement.

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on July 25, 2016, 10:11:01 AM

it's only ever the player that would seek a min fee release clause in the contract, not the club. so if there is one, presumably mccormack asked for it and we compromised by saying, ok we'll put it in there but let's say it falls away after 30 June
I can see that as we then dont have to accept any fee at all, however then we could be in a position where Ross forces a move with poor attitude behaviour and we accept a lot ledd than the 15 million, so bette rof keeping the clause without a date, especially for a soon to be 30 year old.

This is all hyperthetical and I am not saying Ross would do any of that or any official bid has been made, I am thinking etc (doesnt happen often)

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Jonnoj on July 25, 2016, 10:23:21 AM
So that we don't have to sell - eg Dembele the 1st where we were left with no time to find replacement.

People inside the club knew that Dembele was going and therefore had plenty of time to find a replacement if they wanted too.

westcliff white

But we sold him as the clause was met and was met late on.

That could happen with Ross as well could it not? date or no date of the amount is met we have to let him speak to them if he wishes too

I am just trying to understand the logic of having a date the clause expires or not having a date. My initial feelings are release clauses at a value are usually asked for by the player, but I can also see a club suggesting it to entice a player to sign a deal.

MJG

Scenario:

Club want Ross to stay in Jan and he says only if you give me another pay rise but also give me option to leave in Summer.

Club say ok here is your 3rd (or is it 4th?) pay rise since joining and ok we will let you go in summer but only if someone pays us £15M and that any club who wants to do that needs to pay us that by 14th July (Thats an example). If we dont get an offer then we do not have to let you speak or accept any offer from any club.

hence we now have a possible situation where there is no release clause and club is open to accept any offers eitrher below or above the previous agreed release clause.

Another clause the club could have said was...ok you can leave in summer for £13m if a club pays that before 14th July...after that it will be £15M

Having been to a seminar on player contracts, basically its whatever agreement the two parties make, there are no real set rules on this. Just as Mark Hughes had a week long break clause that he could walk away from club in his.

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on July 25, 2016, 11:06:53 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 25, 2016, 10:53:25 AM
But we sold him as the clause was met and was met late on.

That could happen with Ross as well could it not? date or no date of the amount is met we have to let him speak to them if he wishes too

I am just trying to understand the logic of having a date the clause expires or not having a date. My initial feelings are release clauses at a value are usually asked for by the player, but I can also see a club suggesting it to entice a player to sign a deal.

If the clause has expired then you reject the offer. So If Dembele 1st's clause had expired in June then Spurs bid £15m at the end of August then we could have said, sorry chaps you're 2 months too late stroll on
no no i get that, but it obviously didnt have an expiratin date attached.

My point here is say A Player has a 15 million release clause and the expiration date is 31/07, once that date passes we can reject any bid. However, we then reject some bids of that value (because the date has expired), this upsets the play and he then sgtarts trying to force a move, thus unsettling the other players and maybe not trianing etc and the manager then doesnt pick him because of this. We could end up taking less than the 15 million to bring hamrony and spirit back to the team, or we could just stand firm and have a very unhappy player causing disharmony.

So based on that is a club better off not to put an expiration date on a minimum fee release clause

Hoppus

Is it true that Kodja is McCormacks replacement?

zander

mkras99

Transfer Centre Live (@TransferCentreL)
7/25/16, 8:45 AM
Celtic have joined Wolves, Fulham, QPR and Aston Villa in the race to sign Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford on loan.

AnEssexFan

I'd be amazed if celtic feel they need to add Bamford to their ranks for the season. I wouldn't mind seeing him at Craven Cottage, although I still think it's time we gave Woodrow a chance to be a regular starter.
@leightonrw07

mkras99

http://www.lavanguardia.com/deportes/futbol/20160725/403458556960/mercado-fichajes-lunes-25-de-julio-del-2016.html

Jozabad, ONE STEP AWAY FROM GRANADA
Jozabad is close to Paco Jemez reacquainted with. Means of Granada Nazari suggest that the club will sign midfielder for 3.5 million euros. Fulham and Wolverhampton were willing to pay the 4 million that make up the termination clause of the Sevillian, but the desire Jozabad is signed for Granada .

Jamie88

Quote from: mkras99 on July 25, 2016, 08:13:05 PM
http://www.lavanguardia.com/deportes/futbol/20160725/403458556960/mercado-fichajes-lunes-25-de-julio-del-2016.html

Jozabad is close to Paco Jemez reacquainted with. Means of Granada Nazari suggest that the club will sign midfielder for 3.5 million euros. Fulham and Wolverhampton were willing to pay the 4 million that make up the termination clause of the Sevillian, but the desire Jozabad is signed for Granada .

I'm sorry what?

Carborundum

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 25, 2016, 10:43:32 PM

I'm sorry what?
Some fellow I've not heard of would rather be playing football somewhere I've never been.  Someone seems likely to be saying "hang on, I'm 500,000 euros down on where I should be."  Probably not us though.

Twig

Quote from: Carborundum on July 25, 2016, 11:11:29 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on July 25, 2016, 10:43:32 PM

I'm sorry what?
Some fellow I've not heard of would rather be playing football somewhere I've never been.  Someone seems likely to be saying "hang on, I'm 500,000 euros down on where I should be."  Probably not us though.

You really should visit Granada.  Beautiful place and the Alhambra Palace is worth the trip alone.