Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoppus

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 08, 2016, 08:57:56 AM
These rumours are getting worse.
Agbonlahor, Nugent...No thanks.

Some people don't want foreign players, they want English players that "know the league". In that case those mentioned would be a perfect fit?
I hope we can find a mix (of exiting foreign players like Ayate and Odoi) and English players. The most important is that they fit the managers profile and got pace and energy.

Andyb

Agbonlahor got suspended for being overweight and him going on nights out before match days. Prey he doesn't sign for us, Nugent decent player, dream player for me has to be nahki wells

MJG

Nugent would be a good addition. Over 100 goals in 300 championship games and very experienced.  Lacks pace but is a proper goalscorer who would get us say 15 of the 65 plus goals we need to be challenging. Upgrade on Smith in a number of ways.
Agbonlahor has wasted himself last few seasons and lost his way, but does have pace and maybe something to prove. We have had a few of them over the years and a new challenge might work.
I'd not write off either, and if we got both we would be better squad for it.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: MJG on August 08, 2016, 09:24:39 AM
Nugent would be a good addition. Over 100 goals in 300 championship games and very experienced.  Lacks pace but is a proper goalscorer who would get us say 15 of the 65 plus goals we need to be challenging. Upgrade on Smith in a number of ways.
Agbonlahor has wasted himself last few seasons and lost his way, but does have pace and maybe something to prove. We have had a few of them over the years and a new challenge might work.
I'd not write off either, and if we got both we would be better squad for it.

Agreed, think he'd be a good bit of business.

I think he's better than Matt Smith, so it would be an improvement. Nuge is a very decent finisher.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

HillingdonFFC

Isnt Niasse from Everton worth a look?, 13 m flop in the prem but blistering pace and strong, just under 6ft. Could be perfect platform to kickstart career.
Really disappointed to be linked with likes of Nugent, was hoping for a Tigana style revolution

ffc73

Nugent was excellent for Boro last season.  Worked the defenders ragged with his work rate.  From what I saw last Friday he would be a very good fit for the pressing and defending from the front attitude that we look better for.  His goal scoring record his not shabby too.  I am not saying he is the only answer but would be worth having with another striker. 

Worth remembering that Nugent was preferred starter to the big money Rhodes signing

cmg

A couple of articles from Gaby's fan club.
I sincerely hope that he isn't headed anywhere near Fulham FC, but I am genuinely amazed that anyone would want him. Forgiveness is fine: but it can be taken a step too far.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-gabby-agbonlahor-scandal-is-much-bigger-than-one-illicit-photograph-a6993631.html

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/gabriel-agbonlahor-aston-villa

Riversider

QPHa yesterday signed a player from Metz called Yeni Ngbakoto , his scoring rate is amazing, he's only 24 but has already played 206 games for Metz and in that time scored 54 goals, he has also scored at Franc U17 and U 18 level, apparently his main attribute is his blistering pace , the cost of all this talent a mere £1.5 million !
This transfer wasn't even a closely guarded secret , the links to him and QPHa have been knocking about all summer, why we're getting linked with the likes of Wells and Nugent etc when there is still talent like this about in Europe is beyond me,
Earlier on this season they also bought the much lauded Jason Cousins from Charlton for £1.3 million, a very good player that I would have been delighted at if we had signed him, so they've got Cousins and Ngbakoto for less than £3 million,
In the same way that we got Odoi, Madl and Ayite for great money I really hope that we don't sign a journeyman now for silly money.

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: Riversider on August 08, 2016, 01:23:23 PM
QPHa yesterday signed a player from Metz called Yeni Ngbakoto , his scoring rate is amazing, he's only 24 but has already played 206 games for Metz and in that time scored 54 goals, he has also scored at Franc U17 and U 18 level, apparently his main attribute is his blistering pace , the cost of all this talent a mere £1.5 million !
This transfer wasn't even a closely guarded secret , the links to him and QPHa have been knocking about all summer, why we're getting linked with the likes of Wells and Nugent etc when there is still talent like this about in Europe is beyond me,
Earlier on this season they also bought the much lauded Jason Cousins from Charlton for £1.3 million, a very good player that I would have been delighted at if we had signed him, so they've got Cousins and Ngbakoto for less than £3 million,
In the same way that we got Odoi, Madl and Ayite for great money I really hope that we don't sign a journeyman now for silly money.

Wouldn't consider 56 in 204 amazing by any stretch. Good for a young lad, but I want my lead striker scoring more than once every 3.5 games.

Riversider

Who are these players that we've been linked with then that have got a better scoring ratio ?
I'm intrigued now.

zander

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 08, 2016, 01:37:12 PM

Wouldn't consider 56 in 204 amazing by any stretch. Good for a young lad, but I want my lead striker scoring more than once every 3.5 games.

That was my initial thought however he's actually an attacking midfielder/winger. That said i don't know where the above stats come from, he's got 28 goals in 117 ligue 2 games. Nothing to lose sleep over.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on August 08, 2016, 01:49:05 PM
Who are these players that we've been linked with then that have got a better scoring ratio ?
I'm intrigued now.
Nugent has a 132 in 432 record (3.27) or a total championshiup one of 103 in 306 (2.97)

Mince n Tatties

Trouble with Nugent is he seems to dry up, he scores a few
when he moves to a club then struggles...2011-2015 Leicester
54 goals and Boro 8 from 38 games, not the greatest of averages.
In his favour is he does create for others with his style of play.

cmg

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 08, 2016, 01:37:12 PM

Reasonable, but not outstanding, scoring record for a little bloke who is more of a winger than a striker (decent assists).
To  add to the complication Metz is the ultimate yo-yo club. During young Ngbakoto's time with them they have been, in successive seasons, relegated from l.2, promoted from National (3rd tier), promoted from l.2, relegated from l.1, and now promoted from l.2!

Slaphead in Qatar

Replace Ross with nugent - that's not ambitious

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 08, 2016, 01:55:18 PM
Trouble with Nugent is he seems to dry up, he scores a few
when he moves to a club then struggles...2011-2015 Leicester
54 goals and Boro 8 from 38 games, not the greatest of averages.
In his favour is he does create for others with his style of play.
As much as i like the stats its difficult without looking deeper into positions played etc.
A recent striker of ours had a record of 56 championship games and 6 goals at one stage over a two season period with two clubs a few years ago. But look what he did.

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: Riversider on August 08, 2016, 01:49:05 PM
I'm intrigued now.

Wells has 93/230 which is 2.47 which is what we should be gunning for.

MJG

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 08, 2016, 01:57:35 PM
Replace Ross with nugent - that's not ambitious
No one is replacing Ross as such, we have a team now.

Fulhamerica23

Gabby could be a good injection of pace off the bench. Isn't a starter for me, but would welcome if he signed.

cmg

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 08, 2016, 02:04:05 PM
Gabby could be a good injection of pace off the bench. Isn't a starter for me, but would welcome if he signed.

I just don't understand this at all.
If you are prepared to forget the baggage with which he would come, which would be mighty charitable of you seeing as he comes, as I have recorded above, with more baggage than the cargo hold of a cruise liner, then OK. But the idea that he would come to a second tier outfit just to sit on the bench defies any kind of logic.
At his best - if he were ever able to recapture that - he would be a top class International striker.
Modest self-evaluation is one of the myriad of good qualities he lacks.