https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: cmg on August 08, 2016, 02:18:03 PM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 08, 2016, 02:04:05 PM
Gabby could be a good injection of pace off the bench. Isn't a starter for me, but would welcome if he signed.

I just don't understand this at all.
If you are prepared to forget the baggage with which he would come, which would be mighty charitable of you seeing as he comes, as I have recorded above, with more baggage than the cargo hold of a cruise liner, then OK. But the idea that he would come to a second tier outfit just to sit on the bench defies any kind of logic.
At his best - if he were ever able to recapture that - he would be a top class International striker.
Modest self-evaluation is one of the myriad of good qualities he lacks.

Jok is no nonsense. If you could get him to buy into the club and his role, he'd be a good fit. Much like any other player we would want to sign, if they don't buy into the club and his role, don't sign him. Don't see why this should be any different for Gabby.

Mince n Tatties

Anyhow these are just rumours.
There is no news anywhere about Nugent
Or the Villian coming here.

Slaphead in Qatar

Gabby would be a bit of a Darren bent type signing - washed up pl player whose best days are behind him

KP_FFC

Gabby is actually awful now, would not go for him at all. If we want more pace then Wells is the best option. Personally I want someone from another league who will bring something new, and not another regular championship striker.

Lighthouse

Slavisa Jokanovic has opened up on the final plea he made to just days before the ex- Fulham striker joined Aston Villa.

The Whites head coach failed, and so did the £12 million forward when he missed a decent chance to put his new side ahead against Sheffield Wednesday yesterday and was subbed straight after on 77 minutes.

Joka had set his stall on the hope Mac would allow a Fulham side to be built around him - but the Scotland international was having none of it.

"I was very honest with him and he was very honest with me," Fulham's gaffer added.

"I started working with the team while I was waiting for the solution of this situation, but I spoke with him a few times and supported him to stay with us and he simply decided to press for the different way.

"A few days before I offered him to build a team around him but he didn't accept.

"I didn't want him to be stuck so having decided to stay with him I also supported the decision to sell him. He is a fantastic player so it is a killer and I'm sure he going to score the goals for other clubs he scored with us."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

FinFFC

Quote from: grandad on August 08, 2016, 05:50:05 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 08, 2016, 05:41:34 PM
Matilla has left the building - Official

:yay:

Was he really that bad? Not saying he is anything special, just hard to understand why people seem to despise him so much.

fulhamben

Quote from: FinFFC on August 08, 2016, 06:14:27 PM

Was he really that bad? Not saying he is anything special, just hard to understand why people seem to despise him so much.
no he wasnt that bad. Just one of those positions where the better you play the less exciting it looks
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: FinFFC on August 08, 2016, 06:14:27 PM

I do not think he was bad. He did not get many chances but seemed tidy if a little bit uninspiring.

aaronmcguigan

We need a game changer, he was a Symons squad filler

The King

Good for Mattila, he wasn't going to be playing anyway. Good for me too, he's seemingly coming back home to HJK so I get to see his ferocious shots and free kicks once again.

ToodlesMcToot

the only reason to  :yay: about Matilla leaving is that it's clearing out players and wages that were going wasted.

the problem with   :yay: 'ing about it is that's one less body for the 1st team with no sign of anyone incoming  094.gif. getting worried about our numbers.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Carborundum

Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2016, 06:38:34 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 08, 2016, 06:33:43 PM
the only reason to  :yay: about Matilla leaving is that it's clearing out players and wages that were going wasted.

the problem with   :yay: 'ing about it is that's one less body for the 1st team with no sign of anyone incoming  094.gif. getting worried about our numbers.

+1
+1.  It's two weeks three days since KMcD joined.  We were four or five light then.  RMcC and SM have subsequently gone.  If Orient kick us up in the air tomorrow night.....

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Carborundum on August 08, 2016, 07:05:49 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2016, 06:38:34 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 08, 2016, 06:33:43 PM

+1
+1.  It's two weeks three days since KMcD joined.  We were four or five light then.  RMcC and SM have subsequently gone.  If Orient kick us up in the air tomorrow night.....

Couple of knocks or niggles from training or the Orient match could see us conceding points unnecessarily. Walking a bit of a tightrope currently with our squad.

I know everyone loves a cup run but, myself, I wouldn't be fussing too much if we were out early and solely focused on Top 6. Cup runs can come when we have money and are less concerned w FFP.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

The Rock

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 08, 2016, 03:55:01 PM

Slavisa Jokanovic has opened up on the final plea he made to just days before the ex- Fulham striker joined Aston Villa.

The Whites head coach failed, and so did the £12 million forward when he missed a decent chance to put his new side ahead against Sheffield Wednesday yesterday and was subbed straight after on 77 minutes.

Joka had set his stall on the hope Mac would allow a Fulham side to be built around him - but the Scotland international was having none of it.

"I was very honest with him and he was very honest with me," Fulham's gaffer added.

"I started working with the team while I was waiting for the solution of this situation, but I spoke with him a few times and supported him to stay with us and he simply decided to press for the different way.

"A few days before I offered him to build a team around him but he didn't accept.

"I didn't want him to be stuck so having decided to stay with him I also supported the decision to sell him. He is a fantastic player so it is a killer and I'm sure he going to score the goals for other clubs he scored with us."

Not surprising and pretty much how you'd expect something like that to go.

It could really be a blessing in disguise - I'd rather take 45 more clean sheets and score half the goals! I do think that our wingers will help usher in a new style of play regardless that can be complemented by a different type of striker - I just hope that player is sussed.

@jolslover

STH H3

cmg

Quote from: @jolslover on August 08, 2016, 08:26:24 PM
Faurlin just signed for Getafe  :016:

Always dodgy working for those Middle Eastern dictators.  :Get Coat gif: