https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: @jolslover on August 08, 2016, 08:26:24 PM
Faurlin just signed for Getafe  :016:

whole point of his "trial" with us was to prove fitness to get a contract. ultimately failed to do it - whether that's his fault or not.

the way we appear to approach transfer windows recently, we can't afford to worry with a player who can't stay fit.

a healthy Faurlin would have been great for us. shame.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

One Martin Thomas

Liking the Clough rumours but can't help but think that it may be at expense of Cairny. Naki Wells has always impressed me too. Both would be good signings.

Gabby and Nugent; not for me thanks.

Mince n Tatties

Tom Lees just signed new contract to 2021 at Wednesday.
So thats another rumour put to bed.

Luffy86

We need players asap... Only twenty first team players with numbers that are going to play!!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on August 08, 2016, 09:11:11 PM
Liking the Clough rumours but can't help but think that it may be at expense of Cairny. Naki Wells has always impressed me too. Both would be good signings.

Weren't the Clough and Wells mentions just wish list targets from posters rather than rumours and even if rumours weren't they from some time ago?

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Carborundum on August 08, 2016, 07:05:49 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 08, 2016, 06:38:34 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 08, 2016, 06:33:43 PM
the only reason to  :yay: about Matilla leaving is that it's clearing out players and wages that were going wasted.

the problem with   :yay: 'ing about it is that's one less body for the 1st team with no sign of anyone incoming  094.gif. getting worried about our numbers.

+1
+1.  It's two weeks three days since KMcD joined.  We were four or five light then.  RMcC and SM have subsequently gone.  If Orient kick us up in the air tomorrow night.....

Calm down dear, calm down.

Still 23 days left till the window closes, plus we do not know what is going on behind the scenes.

HAVE FAITH.

Pluto

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 08, 2016, 06:26:18 PM
Quote from: FinFFC on August 08, 2016, 06:14:27 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 08, 2016, 05:50:05 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 08, 2016, 05:41:34 PM
Matilla has left the building - Official

:yay:

Was he really that bad? Not saying he is anything special, just hard to understand why people seem to despise him so much.

I do not think he was bad. He did not get many chances but seemed tidy if a little bit uninspiring.

He was fine for a squad player. Wouldn't have minded keeping him around but I guess the club wanted to move on or he wanted more game time

ealex40

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 08, 2016, 10:04:25 PM

Weren't the Clough and Wells mentions just wish list targets from posters rather than rumours and even if rumours weren't they from some time ago?

Mail linking us with Zachary Clough

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3727372/Zach-Clough-left-Bolton-s-League-One-opener-amid-Fulham-Middlesbrough-interest.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

YankeeJim

As the resident eternal optimist, I really enjoyed the replay, Odoi is my new favorite and Aluko has a wonderful burst of speed and good ball control. But looking at their size and the thumpers around this league I don't see either getting 40 starts. that and despite his heroics on Friday, Smith doesn't seem to be what we need up top. A really quick striker with the first two I mentioned and we'll  run circles around teams, at least until the bruises start to mount up. So, am I optimistic that what we need out there is available and coming to FFC. Even my optimism has limits. I just hope so.
As to the back line, specifically the center halves, I think we'll do fine. We may have some issues against big strikers on dead balls but the answer to that is not to get into those circumstances. That's where my optimism comes in. These guys have the talent to take the game to big strikers. It'll be like having two Aaron's in the middle. Weill need that big, controlling center back next season in the Prem (optimism again) but Kalas and  Madl will be the second coming of the Thames Barrier.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

Quote from: ealex40 on August 09, 2016, 12:21:38 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3727372/Zach-Clough-left-Bolton-s-League-One-opener-amid-Fulham-Middlesbrough-interest.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

He might work well with the quickness on display on Friday but he is a little squirt.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

alexmur

I think we all need to chill, we are in tbe hands of joka, and I feel alot safer since we went done. dare I say..... BELIEVE

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ealex40

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 09, 2016, 12:35:05 AM

He might work well with the quickness on display on Friday but he is a little squirt.

The little 'squirt' scored twice against us last season in the 2-2 draw at Bolton.

bobby01

Quote from: ealex40 on August 09, 2016, 01:23:38 AM

The little 'squirt' scored twice against us last season in the 2-2 draw at Bolton.

Looking at his picture I bet he is quick with the wind behind him.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

sunburywhite

Quote from: ealex40 on August 09, 2016, 01:23:38 AM

Geoffrey Boycotts granny could have scored against us last season
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MJG

Update on squad depth...pretty much shouts..."get players in"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2016, 08:26:58 AM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 08, 2016, 10:27:41 PM
the only reason to  :yay: about Matilla leaving is that it's clearing out players and wages that were going wasted.

the problem with   :yay: 'ing about it is that's one less body for the 1st team with no sign of anyone incoming  094.gif. getting worried about our numbers.

+1
+1.  It's two weeks three days since KMcD joined.  We were four or five light then.  RMcC and SM have subsequently gone.  If Orient kick us up in the air tomorrow night.....

Still 23 days left till the window closes, plus we do not know what is going on behind the scenes.

HAVE FAITH.

23 days... That would be relevant if there weren't at least 5 games in that period.

Whatever's going on behind the scenes is manifestly not enough

Yes need to get our skates on 23 days is nothing.
Maybe more to this Kline business than we are told.

Steven Ageroad

+1

HAVE FAITH.

23 days... That would be relevant if there weren't at least 5 games in that period.

You know for a fact that there's not enough going on behind the scenes do you, do tell us as you seem to have an inside source.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 09, 2016, 09:15:33 AM

+1

HAVE FAITH.

You know for a fact that there's not enough going on behind the scenes do you, do tell us as you seem to have an inside source.

Hold on, this is ironic, how dare you challenge facts from the leader of the facts and stats brigade. You will need to pay your membership before doing this.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 09, 2016, 09:56:18 AM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 09, 2016, 09:15:33 AM

+1

HAVE FAITH.

Hold on, this is ironic, how dare you challenge facts from the leader of the facts and stats brigade. You will need to pay your membership before doing this.

If he's worried about the next 5 games, tell him that leaves 39 games to sort it out.

west kowloon white

At the game too and can confirm that absolutely no negotiations took place throughout the entire 95 minutes- disgraceful .