watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

and we wouldn't have bought Ross if he only scored 5 goals for Leeds that year.

Probably not, but that's a good deal better than Louis Saha's record before we signed him.

FulhamStu

Wilson can play through the middle or wide and is quick.  He is still young and is part of the Man United squad, although maybe being pushed down the order so must be worth a squad place for us.  My only reservation would be his attitude, which I have no idea about however he is a young lad and Parker is more than capable of keeping him in his place if necessary.

I just went through the Champoinship ins and outs and apart from the exe Prem clubs, nobody has spent anything of note.  Interestingly the current report shows us as having a current surplus of nearly £13 million.   Looks to me like the bigger deals are waiting, expect a rush towards the end of the window when agents will have maximised their demands and everything will kick off.  I would not be suprised to see us spend another £20 million, which we could easily do without impacting FFP. 

YankeeJim

Quote from: ealex40 on August 09, 2016, 01:23:38 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 09, 2016, 12:35:05 AM
Quote from: ealex40 on August 09, 2016, 12:21:38 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 08, 2016, 10:04:25 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on August 08, 2016, 09:11:11 PM
Liking the Clough rumours but can't help but think that it may be at expense of Cairny. Naki Wells has always impressed me too. Both would be good signings.

Gabby and Nugent; not for me thanks.

Weren't the Clough and Wells mentions just wish list targets from posters rather than rumours and even if rumours weren't they from some time ago?

Mail linking us with Zachary Clough

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3727372/Zach-Clough-left-Bolton-s-League-One-opener-amid-Fulham-Middlesbrough-interest.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

He might work well with the quickness on display on Friday but he is a little squirt.

The little 'squirt' scored twice against us last season in the 2-2 draw at Bolton.

As did everyone else. Hardly a decent barometer.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2016, 02:29:33 PM
Quote from: twang on August 09, 2016, 02:26:46 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2016, 01:57:11 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on August 09, 2016, 01:50:37 PM
James Wilson

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLeaguePaper
I'm just going to say why. What on gods earth do we get out of this. He clearly isn't the big name striker we need, and why on gods earth would we do man u's dirty work when we have humphrys who had a decent pre season.

Because we're getting a player that can fill in for the new striker, Aluko and Cairney. So a great player to have in the squad.
so would this mean that jozabed won't happen then, as he also plays those positions.
Wilson plays wide or up front, not a number 10. He is also a efferent type of p,Ayer than either Smith or Cauley. May not be a bad option to have in the squad and coming from the bench
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 09, 2016, 05:32:38 PM
James Wilson

I'm just going to say why. What on gods earth do we get out of this. He clearly isn't the big name striker we need, and why on gods earth would we do man u's dirty work when we have humphrys who had a decent pre season.

Because we're getting a player that can fill in for the new striker, Aluko and Cairney. So a great player to have in the squad.
so would this mean that jozabed won't happen then, as he also plays those positions.
Wilson plays wide or up front, not a number 10. He is also a efferent type of p,Ayer than either Smith or Cauley. May not be a bad option to have in the squad and coming from the bench
now I'm confused.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 09, 2016, 04:43:20 PM
Wilson can play through the middle or wide and is quick.  He is still young and is part of the Man United squad, although maybe being pushed down the order so must be worth a squad place for us.  My only reservation would be his attitude, which I have no idea about however he is a young lad and Parker is more than capable of keeping him in his place if necessary.

I just went through the Champoinship ins and outs and apart from the exe Prem clubs, nobody has spent anything of note.  Interestingly the current report shows us as having a current surplus of nearly £13 million.   Looks to me like the bigger deals are waiting, expect a rush towards the end of the window when agents will have maximised their demands and everything will kick off.  I would not be suprised to see us spend another £20 million, which we could easily do without impacting FFP. 

Well I'd be bloody gobsmacked if we spent £20 mil.  Let's wait and see who is right. 

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2016, 05:45:31 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 09, 2016, 05:32:38 PM
James Wilson

Wilson plays we'd or up front, not a number 10. He is also a efferent type of p,Ayer than either Smith or Cauley. May not be a bad option to have in the squad and coming from the bench
now I'm confused.

But we now know he plays and wees.  A useful attribute. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

FulhamStu

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 09, 2016, 06:03:38 PM
Quote from: Twig on August 09, 2016, 05:57:53 PM

I did not say we would spend £20m, I said I would not be surprised.
Well I'd be bloody gobsmacked if we spent £20 mil.  Let's wait and see who is right. 
I think we are likely to spend £12-15million, which should buy a lot.  We will see, I really don't know but with all the talk, it would not surprise me.

Mince n Tatties

Everton spending their Stones money.
30 million on Bolasie from Palace
12 million Williams of Swansea.

Mince n Tatties

Skatzoffc

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 09, 2016, 06:10:06 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on August 09, 2016, 06:03:38 PM
Quote from: Twig on August 09, 2016, 05:57:53 PM

I did not say we would spend £20m, I said I would not be surprised.
I think we are likely to spend £12-15million, which should buy a lot.  We will see, I really don't know but with all the talk, it would not surprise me.

Hmm.
Let's hope so.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

EJL

twang

Quote from: EJL on August 09, 2016, 11:00:28 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 09, 2016, 07:28:35 PM
Derby bid 7mill for Foresteri of Wednesday.
Will get rejected in a heartbeat.

Yep, stupid if they don't. One of the absolute best teams in the division and Forestieri is their key player.

rusty shackleford

Slavs words:

"I expect we are always close to new signings," he stated. "I'm talking about these things.  We are in full competition right now.

"We play on Saturday, and they are all important games like today too, and for that we need a bigger squad.  I expect we are going to sign somebody very, very, very soon.

"We are a big club, we are the oldest club in London with a great crest and we're in a great area in London and England.  We are one of the best options for football players.  I don't believe it is so hard for us to find the right player for Fulham."

west kowloon white

Oh dear-the conspiracy theorists will have a field day with that statement.

Lighthouse

I have only read the statement and not heard HOW he said it. I am not sure how much of the statement was meant to be critical or just a statement of fact. We now all know that we have some good youngsters. But also know we need plenty of players to come in if we are not going to be messed up over a few injury problems.

This transfer window will give us all a better understanding just where the club are expecting to take us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

@jolslover

Ecuador press confirm were in talks with Juan Carlos Paredes, would be very happy if this came off. Great fullback
STH H3

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on August 10, 2016, 12:21:49 AM
Ecuador press confirm were in talks with Juan Carlos Paredes, would be very happy if this came off. Great fullback
that would be our 100th full back signing in the last 3 years, wouldn't it?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.