more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfan

westcliff white

Liam Bridcutt joins leeds permanenetly, just announced, that means he cannot play tonight i guess
Every day is a Fulham day

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

NJFulham

Quote from: Hoppus on August 15, 2016, 08:54:42 PM
Jonathan Norman on Twitter:

A recent Fulham employee told me yesterday that the McCormack money will not be reinvested because we've got off to such a good start. #FFC

ffcjazzle

Greek Football ‏@greekfootball_  34m34 minutes ago
.@BlameDraymond There are rumors that #ffc are interested in Manuel da Costa and #Olympiacos want to offload him.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 15, 2016, 10:16:33 PM
Quote from: Riverside on August 15, 2016, 09:07:02 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on August 15, 2016, 08:54:42 PM
Jonathan Norman on Twitter:

A recent Fulham employee told me yesterday that the McCormack money will not be reinvested because we've got off to such a good start. #FFC

Deeping_white

Garbutt has signed for Wigan so they've now got 50% of our defence from last season.... Best of luck to them.

gerrys

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 16, 2016, 07:00:26 PM
Garbutt has signed for Wigan so they've now got 50% of our defence from last season.... Best of luck to them.
Oh dear,  we'll probably struggle to score against them then

Twig

Quote from: ffcjazzle on August 16, 2016, 05:25:07 PM
.@BlameDraymond There are rumors that #ffc are interested in Manuel da Costa and #Olympiacos want to offload him.

Tall 30 year old centre back. No idea whether he is quality? 

Asotosyios

Quote from: Twig on August 16, 2016, 07:46:53 PM
Quote from: ffcjazzle on August 16, 2016, 05:25:07 PM

Tall 30 year old centre back. No idea whether he is quality? 

He played for West Ham a few years ago. Olympiacos fans don't really rate him highly enough.

Matty389

Preston, Wigan and Fulham are interested in signing Manchester United striker Will Keane on loan #pnefc #wafc #ffc

fulhamben

Quote from: Matty389 on August 16, 2016, 09:30:29 PM
Preston, Wigan and Fulham are interested in signing Manchester United striker Will Keane on loan #pnefc #wafc #ffc
I'm just going to put lmao
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jamie88

Quote from: Matty389 on August 16, 2016, 09:30:29 PM

Please no. He is toilet.

FinFFC

Quote from: Statto on August 16, 2016, 09:44:38 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2016, 11:07:20 AM
With regard to CBs looking at our fixtures I can see Madl and Kalas handling beckford perhaps but a better test will be a big boy like chris wood when we play leeds (16th) or zorhore and gounongbe when we play cardiff (20th). IMO we want a strong CB stepping in for one of those games

Well there you go. Sounds like a heroic performance tonight, let down by ineptitude in the transfer market

Did he score with a bicycle kick? Were Madl and Kalas in problems with him throughout the game? And I'm really asking, as I was only listening to GJ. If they were clearly struggling, I'd say it backs your argument naturally. But can't see, how a big CB could have prevented the goal, if it was really a bicycle kick in after corner mayhem. I think that in those situations the errors have been done before (and I'm not referring to transfer market, necessarily... ;))

Mince n Tatties

First Wilson now Keane....No Thanks.
Get the Cheque Book Out.

FinFFC

Quote from: Statto on August 16, 2016, 10:06:37 PM
Quote from: FinFFC on August 16, 2016, 09:55:54 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 16, 2016, 09:44:38 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2016, 11:07:20 AM
With regard to CBs looking at our fixtures I can see Madl and Kalas handling beckford perhaps but a better test will be a big boy like chris wood when we play leeds (16th) or zorhore and gounongbe when we play cardiff (20th). IMO we want a strong CB stepping in for one of those games

Well there you go. Sounds like a heroic performance tonight, let down by ineptitude in the transfer market

Did he score with a bicycle kick? Were Madl and Kalas in problems with him throughout the game? And I'm really asking, as I was only listening to GJ. If they were clearly struggling, I'd say it backs your argument naturally. But can't see, how a big CB could have prevented the goal, if it was really a bicycle kick in after corner mayhem. I think that in those situations the errors have been done before (and I'm not referring to transfer market, necessarily... ;))

I get your point. The ball was at head height right in front of kalas and he didn't even challenge for it. So arguably it was just a poor, somewhat cowardly moment from kalas. But if you wanted to be kinder to him you could say wood's muscle gave him the space, or perhaps the height difference is so great wood can get his foot higher than kalas can get his head.

Sure thing. If Kalas was right next to Wood when he scored, then I'd say both of your analyses are correct and probably bigger CB in his place might have saved us.

But I'm more interested to know how Kalas-Madl pairing was handling him throughout the game. If this was "the only" case when they failed to contain him, would it be better to bring in bigger, but most likely slower and quire usually technically inferior player in place of one of them - when thinking the big picture and our overall game?

westcliff white

Last night hi lighted why we need a proven finished, hopefully we will now go get that person. I could understand if we were struggling but we have started well (would have taken 7 from 9 before the season started) so we should be strengthening our weak areas and not just in attack, we are far more attractive to players where we are at present that where we have been I. The past.

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 16, 2016, 10:10:53 PM
First Wilson now Keane....No Thanks.
Get the Cheque Book Out.

Let's all say it louder.  GET THE BLOODY CHEQUE BOOK OUT (AND TO BE CLEAR THAT'S THE CHECK BOOK IN US ENGLISH).

Chutney

I can't believe we haven't replaced McCormack yet, had we been able to finish our chances we would have come back winners last night.
C O Y W

westcliff white

Hull will apparently sign Nikolic for 3 million, they hope to in time for this weekend.