https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Quote from: MJG on August 21, 2016, 10:03:51 PM
Quote from: Rambler on August 21, 2016, 09:57:12 PM
MJG do you mind me asking how you get such insights into the inner runnings of the club?!
no I don't mind you asking :-)

Haha ok how do you get the scoop!? It's great for us either way to get a bit of inside knowledge fed onto the message board

MJG

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 21, 2016, 10:04:43 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 21, 2016, 09:24:57 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on August 21, 2016, 09:23:42 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 21, 2016, 09:21:17 PM
2 to 3 in this week, and even possibly the one SJ said had been vetoed.
So I have been told today.

Who is the one that was supposed to have been vetoed? What positions are the 2 or 3 you were told about today?
was given no names or positions. Just that this is what's expected.

Hopefully will happen. Why we leave it so late, can't see any benefit?
anyone who read my post during the week about the deadline and no loans for it will give you one answer. Movement more this coming week all across the lges.
It's not only us anyway, look at any clubs forum and you will see they all complain about lack of players.

dannyboi-ffc

I heard the club refused to pay a big loan fee for Vydra a few weeks back which didn't impress Joka. Could be him that's back on now
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

Quote from: Rambler on August 21, 2016, 10:08:20 PM
MJG do you mind me asking how you get such insights into the inner runnings of the club?!

Haha ok how do you get the scoop!? It's great for us either way to get a bit of inside knowledge fed onto the message board
Different sources,but I try not to post about transfers unless I'm convinced it's true.

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 21, 2016, 10:09:34 PM
I heard the club refused to pay a big loan fee for Vydra a few weeks back which didn't impress Joka. Could be him that's back on now
Good shout

westcliff white

So are you saying loans and no permanents MJG? That would be very disappointing if true.

Personally not thinking Vydra is an upgrade especially if a loan.

But given SJ's comments they have either hit home and Kline is going to be ignored or we will end up very disappointed. Stats don't work for football like they do for American sports.

Safely cannot see them hitting home, as they bought th guy back after sending him home last February.
Every day is a Fulham day

f321ffc

Quote from: MJG on August 21, 2016, 09:21:17 PM
2 to 3 in this week, and even possibly the one SJ said had been vetoed.
So I have been told today.

Nice one Mike let's hope your information proves correct. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on August 21, 2016, 10:16:10 PM
So are you saying loans and no permanents MJG? That would be very disappointing if true.

But given SJ's comments they have either hit home and Kline is going to be ignored or we will end up very disappointed. Stats don't work for football like they do for American sports.

Safely cannot see them hitting home, as they bought th guy back after sending him home last February.
I'm not saying  they will be loans or buys,  I just don't know that detail

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on August 21, 2016, 10:19:24 PM

Cheers Mike just asking, I personally would be very disappointed if we didn't buy 2 or 3, do what it takes was what was said I believe doesn't seem like that to me so far
Every day is a Fulham day

Rambler

Quote from: MJG on August 21, 2016, 10:11:40 PM
Quote from: Rambler on August 21, 2016, 10:08:20 PM

Different sources,but I try not to post about transfers unless I'm convinced it's true.

Cool, thanks. Well fingers crossed you are right and we get a few through the door. We are just a few signings away from a very positive season.

Fulham76

Quote from: westcliff white on August 21, 2016, 10:21:44 PM

Cheers Mike just asking, I personally would be very disappointed if we didn't buy 2 or 3, do what it takes was what was said I believe doesn't seem like that to me so far

It would be good to see us buy someone significant, another big buy, so that the other clubs in the league take notice.

We've got a solid squad & potentially just 2-3 quality players away from pushing for the play offs

bmasar

Has your ITK commented to you about how Joka's statement was received within the walls of the club?

@jolslover

Brilliant news MJG. thanks for that, I would be so happy if we got Vydra.
STH H3

Fulham76

Quote from: @jolslover on August 21, 2016, 11:10:10 PM

Don't know a lot about him, had to use google. Only 3 in 31 while on loan at reading last season

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 21, 2016, 11:38:29 PM

Don't know a lot about him, had to use google. Only 3 in 31 while on loan at reading last season

Not quite sure why such a big love in with Vydra by some on here. He was excellent 2 seasons ago but has gone off the boil since then. Reading fans not overly impressed or certainly the ones I've spoken to.
Also had a few injuries too, having said that, if he came and regained the form he showed a couple of years back then he'd be a very handy signing

@jolslover

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 21, 2016, 11:38:29 PM

Played out of position at Reading, and not in a system that suited him. 9 of those 31games were sub appearances and he scored 6 in 3 starts in the cup.
He was quality at Watford under Jokanovic which suggests Joka is a man that knows how to get the best out of him.

Invalid Tweet ID -- This tweet from a Reading fan saying he would take Vydra back got 35 favourites. Showing many Reading fans rated him, and having been down to a few Reading games myself (live locally) it seems an opinion many Reading fans have is that hes a good player in the right team. 
If you ask any Watford fans their thoughts on him, they will almost 100% be positive, as hes seen as a cult hero there. With most Watford fans on twitter believing he should be starting over Ighalo.
STH H3

love4ffc

Vydra sounds like several players we have had over the last several season.  Good squad players if played in the right way by a manager who knows how to get the best out of them I.e. Pringle for examble. 

If Joka wants him and can get the best out of him for FFC then let's get this done!   :033:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

@jolslover

Quote from: love4ffc on August 22, 2016, 12:19:08 AM
Vydra sounds like several players we have had over the last several season.  Good squad players if played in the right way by a manager who knows how to get the best out of them I.e. Pringle for examble. 

If Joka wants him and can get the best out of him for FFC then let's get this done!   :033:

Comparing Vydra to Pringle is a bit insulting to Vydra in my opinion. Ben Pringle had clear faults for all to see- He had very little pace, and very little skill, being unable to beat a man and his only real asset being a 'decent' cross. Ben Pringle career highlights are an average season where he somewhat stood out in a very poor Rotherham side.

Matej Vydra is pacey, skillfull and possesses a great shot with his only real weakness being his height. But this is not a problem when he is put in a team that keeps the ball on the floor, and plays him balls in behind defenders. His career highlights include a 16 goal season in which he was competing with Ighalo and Deeney for a starting place, and a 22 goal season at the age of 20!!. 

Ben Pringle is nothing more than a squad player for most championship sides, Matej Vydra could be viewed as a squad player for most premier league sides and a very good player at this level.

The foundations are there, We just need that icing on the cake that can take us to challenging for a play off spot. A goalscorer to finish off a decent side. Had we brought Vydra in from the first game off the season we would be on a 100% record, with Woodrow offering nothing against Cardiff and with many simple chances going begging against Leeds.
STH H3

love4ffc

Quote from: @jolslover on August 22, 2016, 12:23:49 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on August 22, 2016, 12:19:08 AM

Comparing Vydra to Pringle is a bit insulting to Vydra in my opinion. Ben Pringle had clear faults for all to see- He had very little pace, and very little skill, being unable to beat a man and his only real asset being a 'decent' cross. Ben Pringle career highlights are an average season where he somewhat stood out in a very poor Rotherham side.

Matej Vydra is pacey, skillfull and possesses a great shot with his only real weakness being his height. But this is not a problem when he is put in a team that keeps the ball on the floor, and plays him balls in behind defenders.

Ben Pringle is nothing more than a squad player for most championship sides, Matej Vydra could be viewed as a squad player for most premier league sides and a very good player at this level.

I think my overall point was missed.  Not comparing Vydra to Pringle per say but rather saying that we have had several players who have played great ball before and after FFC as they were not played or utilized correctly by FFC managers. 

If Joka knows and get what he wants out of Vydra then let's get him signed and in the squad. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

TimoFFC

Vydra would be a risk. We could either get his Reading form or his Watford form.