Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: zander on August 23, 2016, 07:59:14 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2016, 07:50:40 AM
Quote from: twang on August 23, 2016, 07:31:25 AM
Deal reached for Neeskens Kebano. 4,5m euro + another million if we get promoted.

http://m.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20160822_02435198?utm_source=google
I saw him play a couple of times whe I lived in Belgium decent player, just spoke to a colleague i used to work with over there he says Great at Charlroi, didnt do a lot at Genk. had some injury issues but played when fit, was also voted besr african player in the league when at Charleroi. Colleague says could be a good signing if 100% fit

ANother downside will be if selected for his country we could lose him for the African Cup of Nations, which for me is always held at a rather silly time

Wasn't there talk of moving it so it isn't so disruptive? I can't remember when I heard this though.
I remember that too, but the 2107 Starts in January and finishes in February, with the 1 or 2 week release clause for international tournaments I think we could lose players from 31/12 for 6-7 weeks.
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Mince n Tatties

AnEssexFan

According to Twitter:

"Patrick Bamford is considering joining Fulham on loan after Aston Villa decided to look elsewhere #FulhamFC #AVFC https://t.co/dFulNdjlo6 "
@leightonrw07

ffcwickford

I am now getting this whole thing - Matt Smith will be our central striker when we have the need to hold onto the ball and yes, we did look more dangerous when he replaced Cauley on Saturday.

This team is being set up with no out and out striker - Ayite, Aluko and Kebano all have the speed and trickery to get in the penalty area and cause absolute mayhem and should we get penalties (two should have been given on Saturday) then possibly Kevin McDonald could take them given the way he hit the ball for his goal on Saturday.

Also Humphrys scored for the U23s yesterday and he and Cauley could be good cover for Smith.

Tigana's great team of 1999/2000 was built on its ability to counter attack at speed and this one is shaping up similarly, bring it on! COYW!!

Mince n Tatties

sipwell

Belgian press is claiming that Fulham have bid for Congolese striker Neeskens Kebano. He is a very talented player with a lot of goal scoring and assist giving potential. He was very successful in his two years in Belgium. Interestingly, the discussion about the statistical analysis of the player can be brought into it too: he has a good chance-goal ratio, ...

Article in Dutch: http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20160822_02435198 
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Hoppus

westcliff white

Quote from: sipwell on August 23, 2016, 08:59:12 AM
Belgian press is claiming that Fulham have bid for Congolese striker Neeskens Kebano. He is a very talented player with a lot of goal scoring and assist giving potential. He was very successful in his two years in Belgium. Interestingly, the discussion about the statistical analysis of the player can be brought into it too: he has a good chance-goal ratio, ...

Article in Dutch: http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20160822_02435198 
Merged this in as already mentione don this thread.

His goals to game ratio was excellent for Charleroi, who I saw him play for a ocuple of times, but at Genk he has drifetd a little. Also been injured for a bit of his time there as well.

If fit then as I say above (from a collegue in Belium) he could be a good signing.

westcliff white

westcliff white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 23, 2016, 09:18:01 AM
I don't see the point of signing players who will then go missing during the middle of the season due to the African Cup of Nations, absolutely pointless.
this is one of the issues I have as well, its a critical part of the season too. Under Sir Alex I think Man Utd tryied to avoid signing african players due to this very reason

westcliff white

if we do sign Pereria on loan from Man Utd, where will he play, who will he replace?

will be an interestingone this as like some I believe if you loan a player he has to be better than what you have, so maybe can be seen as a first choice starter. He is an attacking midfielder, so can he play a wide role as well, or does he have to be central say in the number 10 role.

Good to have options but not thiose that cause problems (not saying this will just thinking out loud)

MJG

Of course this is a loan, and we know how we all feel about loans dont we?  ;-)

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2016, 09:26:02 AM
if we do sign Pereria on loan from Man Utd, where will he play, who will he replace?

will be an interestingone this as like some I believe if you loan a player he has to be better than what you have, so maybe can be seen as a first choice starter. He is an attacking midfielder, so can he play a wide role as well, or does he have to be central say in the number 10 role.

Good to have options but not thiose that cause problems (not saying this will just thinking out loud)
the kids 20 with zero experience. He will not be a starter. And such is the gamble that he will probably end up in our under 23s.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Ive seen him live once and was very impressed. But I do find it odd that this has blown up over him. I dont see him as a full time starter if I'm honest

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 23, 2016, 09:29:12 AM
loaning kids with zero experience is desperation if you ask me. Just us doing man u's dirty work for them as they won't gamble on trying to progress him in their team.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2016, 09:32:57 AM
loaning kids with zero experience is desperation if you ask me. Just us doing man u's dirty work for them as they won't gamble on trying to progress him in their team.
United do give their kids a chance though, i would guess with Rooney playing number 10, Mata, Herrera ahea dof him he wont play, so they then sensibly wish to loan him out to se ehow he gets on.

MJG

Playing a game, if you were in charge would you allow Jokanovic to have him?

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on August 23, 2016, 09:30:31 AM

Ive seen him live once and was very impressed. But I do find it odd that this has blown up over him. I dont see him as a full time starter if I'm honest
I agree he looks good but am surprised htis has got out of hand, but as it has then does SJ se ehim as a starter, not worth this if he only sees him as a squad player. Maybe plan is to put Aluko left and Ayite up front or Aluko up front?

I do not see him being signe don loan just to play in the U23's though.

Interesting 8 days ahead no matter what, will we sign anyone? will the be laons or permanents? what quality will they be? who will be signing them SJ or CK?

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 23, 2016, 09:34:49 AM
Playing a game, if you were in charge would you allow Jokanovic to have him?
nope, and I would seriously question why on God's earth he wants him. One can only presume that the Ross money isn't there and he has to sign players on a shoe string. Like you posted the other day, there will be loads of players who won't make there squads. So why the f are we looking at development players.