https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

..FOF..

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 28, 2016, 01:21:37 AM
James Rodriquez is out of favor at Real. Fancy a cheeky bid?  064.gif

He looks like more suited to the rough and tumble of the EFL rather than flair of the LaLiga... Get him!

... but wait, he can play as a forward right?

Snibbo

Report on Chris Martin posted by B+wg on TIFF:

By The Secret Scout For The Daily Mail

31 Dec 2015

Eyes of the Premier League are looking towards mature striker
Troy Deeney, Jamie Vardy and Callum Wilson flourished in the top flight
Chris Martin from Derby is the sort of line-leader teams would want
His contribution towards his team-mate's efforts can be invaluable
But Martin is not the quickest and can show disdain to his colleagues
----

A front man needs to be able to look after the ball and because Martin is brave he is never intimidated by the centre back's attention as he controls the ball well.

A good touch is also evident when he has his back to goal and his positioning when the ball is out wide is excellent, always looking for the diagonal, longer ball that he can knock back across goal.

That kind of contribution is invaluable to a colleague or second striker. His passing is clean and he looks to take shots early. He has good awareness of team-mates and creates angles with his passes, and can drag opponents into false areas with his movement.

Good in the air, Martin is useful at defending set pieces.

What does he need?

He cannot exploit spaces behind the defence easily as he is not the quickest. He is essentially a back-to-goal central striker who can give valuable time to supporting players with his hold-up play.

He also has a tendency to show disdain to colleagues. He has that streak in him and may learn that when a ball is lost it is better to react quickly rather than complain to a team-mate who may have supplied a loose pass.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3380687/Chris-Martin-quality-round-game-Derby-forward-mature-striker-attract-attention-clubs.html

dannyboi-ffc

Been told we've made a bid of 4.8m for Martin.  Anyone seen this on twitter or got a source to confirm it?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

PaulJ123

Not sure why a lot of people seem against Martin, we need someone to be the focal point up there. It's not like last season where Dembele was the only person with a bit of pace, we've got a lot of pace out on the wings now so we need someone in the centre of the park ready to bring balls down and hold the ball up and play around them.

If we can get him for >6m, I'd be very happy with it.

Nero

Quote from: PaulJ123 on August 28, 2016, 09:21:39 AM
Not sure why a lot of people seem against Martin, we need someone to be the focal point up there. It's not like last season where Dembele was the only person with a bit of pace, we've got a lot of pace out on the wings now so we need someone in the centre of the park ready to bring balls down and hold the ball up and play around them.

dont you mean < less then, just being picky but i thought i would before someone else did

TWFL

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 28, 2016, 09:15:05 AM
Been told we've made a bid of 4.8m for Martin.  Anyone seen this on twitter or got a source to confirm it?

The Sun apparently saying ?5m so that sounds about right.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: @jolslover on August 27, 2016, 03:19:49 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 27, 2016, 03:18:55 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 27, 2016, 03:07:02 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 27, 2016, 02:49:05 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 27, 2016, 02:32:54 PM
Not a fan of Chris Martin to be honest. Want a pacey striker who can make runs in behind.
I am not overly a fan but he does score at this level, for Derby in the champ he has 54 goals in 134 games so 1 in 2.5 or there abouts.

I also prefer a pacey forward, a pacey powerhouse would do us fine I think.

Unfortunately hes not a pacey powerhouse ;)

Derby signing Kodjia and Vydra is incredible. 2 of the best strikers at this level. 8 mill and 14 mill. Madness. They've pressed the panic button. 

I wouldn't be complaining if we done it next week

Certainly if we get their fat, ugly reject Chris Martin I won't be happy

ahaha fair agree
Quote from: Nero on August 28, 2016, 09:45:01 AM

dont you mean < less then, just being picky but i thought i would before someone else did
That's it NERO, spoil my fun!!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Slaphead in Qatar

fulhamben

styles of play. He is very similar to Smith, slight upgrade, although I'm sure Smith could match his 14 goals from last season if he matched his appearances.but point is, yesterday Smith was largely in effective due to the way Blackburn defended, so surely we need a striker who brings something different to the table. What happens if Martins isn't getting a sniff? Bring on Smith to do exactly the same? A few times this season Smith and woody have failed to keep up with the speed of attack and it would be no different with Martin. We have a battering ram, don't see why we need another
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

If you believe the local press. Martin as well as the Celtic lad were Jokas picks/suggestions in the battle for the transfers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2016, 10:29:16 AM
If you believe the local press. Martin as well as the Celtic lad were Jokas picks/suggestions in the battle for the transfers.
I'm not a fan of Martin, but surely he would have passed Klines test

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2016, 10:31:25 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2016, 10:29:16 AM
I'm not a fan of Martin, but surely he would have passed Klines test
And that is how the system should work.
Lots of recommendations from various people passing the two box test. And then a decision is made.

Fulham Tup North

Smith was snubbed out a lot yesterday, but every corner Blackburn got, Smith got his head to it and cleared the ball. Absolute solid defender!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Wearethewhites

Martin is a bit of a funny one. Has only scored 4 goals from open play since last October. He has a bit of a Bebatov-esq about him, can be a bit of a lazy forward, but also bring others into play with his assists. In a system like ours, he could work, especially if we've got others doing the legwork, but then again, I'm not the stats guy.

b+w geezer

From memory, youtube and Derby messageboards at e.g. http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/23524-chris-martin/ Martin is more of a Zamora than a Smith in playing type. I'm presuming readers of this messageboard will appreciate that there is a difference. That's the type of player we still need in the context of all the other changes that have been made. The better of that type the better, but the very best won't be in this division and we need someone available within the timeframe.  (Whether they are facially pleasing or aimiable doesn't enter into it for me. Zamora was a right old whinger and that only bothered about half of us).

fulhamben

Quote from: b+w geezer on August 28, 2016, 10:47:05 AM
From memory, youtube and Derby messageboards at e.g. http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/23524-chris-martin/ Martin is more of a Zamora than a Smith in playing type. I'm presuming readers of this messageboard will appreciate that there is a difference. That's the type of player we still need in the context of all the other changes that have been made. The better of that type the better, but the very best won't be in this division and we need someone available within the timeframe.  (Whether they are facially pleasing or aimiable doesn't enter into it for me. Zamora was a right old whinger and that only bothered about half of us).

zamora wasnt that slow

dannyboi-ffc

I can see 3 strikers coming in and Woodrow loaned out with Smith sold.

People aren't telling me all of a sudden Smith and Woodrow are fancied by Joka. Last season neither got a look in and we lost Dembele through no choice and Ross was too good a price to turn down.

Kodja to Derby, Martin to us and Smith to Bristol City. That's a 3 way transfer triangle I can see.

I'd be happy to bring in Martin Cyriac and Zac Clough as our 3 strikers. Smith and Martin are too similar so it doesn't make sense to have both. It limits our tactics options and Martin is better
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Arthur

Quote from: MJG on August 28, 2016, 10:33:17 AM
And that is how the system should work.
Lots of recommendations from various people passing the two box test. And then a decision is made.

This system seems to have served us well in this window, but the one potential problem is that if all the strikers that Jokanovic wants fail to receive a green light from Kline, and every front man that Kline recommends is vetoed by our manager, we will end the window without actually signing a goalscorer at all.

D-Day is almost upon us: if the two-box-test hasn't identified our target by now, something (or someone) will need to give way.

Mince n Tatties

Martin in...........Sheffield Utd want both Smith and
Woodrow, talkadoodle were saying other day

b+w geezer

Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2016, 10:52:00 AM
zamora wasnt that slow
Which is why he succeeded in the Prem and not just Championship. Find us the precise equivalent to him right now, ready to sign for Fulham,  and I too would prefer him.

Failing that, it's about considering what's above all missing from the forces at our disposal upfront and it's not another Matt Smith as one will suffice. It's a centre-forward who can look after the ball if it is played up to him (better than Smith or Woodrow can) and can play others in.  They don't need to be the one running in behind any more than Bobby was (AJ did that). And they must have at least a reasonable goalscoring record.

I'd like the best currently available of that type please.