Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Man City in for Sesse and will loan him back for remainder
Of season....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

fulhamben

Quote from: b+w geezer on August 28, 2016, 11:01:55 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2016, 10:52:00 AM
zamora wasnt that slow
Which is why he succeeded in the Prem and not just Championship. Find us the precise equivalent to him right now, ready to sign for Fulham,  and I too would prefer him.

Failing that, it's about considering what's above all missing from the forces at our disposal upfront and it's not another Matt Smith as one will suffice. It's a centre-forward who can look after the ball if it is played up to him (better than Smith or Woodrow can) and can play others in.  They don't need to be the one running in behind any more than Bobby was (AJ did that). And they must have at least a reasonable goalscoring record.

I'd like the best currently available of that type please.

well id rather a saha type player as opposed to a zamora type, but each to there own, as this team is more reminiscent of tiganas fast paced team as opossed to roys slow build up
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

Martin lacks the speed to stay up with our pace of play.  Don't see he would add much that Smith doesn't already offer.  Perhaps a bit more clinical, but I don't see him as the sort of striker that would gel with our style of play.

Mince n Tatties

Martin is a bit deceiving, he got more pace than you think, his
touch play for a big man is quite good his lay offs and
Sees a pass..Needs a new club to kickstart things again.
I'd be ok with Martin instead of foreign signing, you know what
Your getting...This is my opinion of course it because I like
the old fashioned type centre, Martin is a bit like that.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 28, 2016, 11:14:21 AM
Martin is a bit deceiving, he got more pace than you think, his
touch play for a big man is quite good his lay offs and
Sees a pass..Needs a new club to kickstart things again.
I'd be ok with Martin instead of foreign signing, you know what
Your getting...This is my opinion of course it because I like
the old fashioned type centre, Martin is a bit like that.
the only thing with that, is we bought a lot of players last year under the mantra of we know what we are getting, cairney is the only one left who can get in the team.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hopper

Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2016, 11:04:59 AM
Quote from: b+w geezer on August 28, 2016, 11:01:55 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2016, 10:52:00 AM
zamora wasnt that slow
Which is why he succeeded in the Prem and not just Championship. Find us the precise equivalent to him right now, ready to sign for Fulham,  and I too would prefer him.

Failing that, it's about considering what's above all missing from the forces at our disposal upfront and it's not another Matt Smith as one will suffice. It's a centre-forward who can look after the ball if it is played up to him (better than Smith or Woodrow can) and can play others in.  They don't need to be the one running in behind any more than Bobby was (AJ did that). And they must have at least a reasonable goalscoring record.

I'd like the best currently available of that type please.

well id rather a saha type player as opposed to a zamora type, but each to there own, as this team is more reminiscent of tiganas fast paced team as opossed to roys slow build up

Me too, have to say I really trust in recruitment at the moment to get the right players in.

I think Cyriac is close due to his Fulham activity on Twitter.

My guess is 2 of Cyriac, Martin and Enrich.

FFCFOREVER

So today we are being linked with the Derby County forward Chris Martin.Am I right in saying that  his strike rate for the past 3 seasons at Derby is very similar to that of Ross McCormack.I think hes scored somewhere in the region of 60 plus goals in these 3 years.I think he would be a great addition not least because of his link up play which would suit Slavs style of play.I think we would have to break the bank for him though with a fee of ?8million being mentioned and I cannot see us spending that on one player.Any thoughts on the subject people?

b+w geezer

Quote from: hopper on August 28, 2016, 11:23:19 AM

well id rather a saha type player as opposed to a zamora type
Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2016, 11:04:59 AM
Me too,

Please add me to the list! But then what is the Saha *type* is presumably someone who can do all the classic big centre forward things, but also has searing pace. Tigana unearthed one and understandably preferred him to Geoff Horsfield. Martin is more Horsfield than Saha, and if the next version of the latter is available (outside the top division) hard to imagine anyone who wouldn't prefer that. If not, then something has to give in the specification and the clock ticks.

hopper

Quote from: spoonffc on August 28, 2016, 11:49:18 AM
Cyriac confirmed on wiki..

Cyriac confirmed nowhere, that just means some fan has updated it for cheap thrills.

kiwiwaka

Anyone can edit Wiki. This doesn't mean anything. But going by his recent social media i'd say it's something that might happen.

Lighthouse

Quote from: kiwiwaka on August 28, 2016, 12:05:29 PM

Anyone can edit Wiki. This doesn't mean anything. But going by his recent social media i'd say it's something that might happen.

It has been on Wiki for a few days. Which either means it is something people can't be bothered to change or has some truth in it. Or neither. The fact is that I will be doing very little until this Thursday when we will know for sure who came, who went and who we could have had but didn't.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Slaphead in Qatar

AnEssexFan

"Smith was snubbed out a lot yesterday, but every corner Blackburn got, Smith got his head to it and cleared the ball. Absolute solid defender!"

Couldn't agree more. Smith was still a handful for their back line, and should have scored his header in the 2nd half from 8 yards out, but defensively he was vital to yesterdays win as he cleared so many free kicks and corners with his head - to the point where he was the best centre half on the pitch at one stage!

Whilst we may sign other forwards, I'd be surprised if Smith was allowed to go as he does give SJ options at both ends of the pitch.
@leightonrw07

westcliff white

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2016, 12:12:04 PM
Quote from: kiwiwaka on August 28, 2016, 12:05:29 PM

It has been on Wiki for a few days. Which either means it is something people can't be bothered to change or has some truth in it. Or neither. The fact is that I will be doing very little until this Thursday when we will know for sure who came, who went and who we could have had but didn't.
was taken off wiki early yesterday and then reappeared overnight
Every day is a Fulham day

Matty389

Cyriac retweeted the news of kebano being transferred to Fulham... That's got to be more than just a coincidental retweet!

rubbernecca

Quote from: Matty389 on August 28, 2016, 01:00:45 PM
Cyriac retweeted the news of kebano being transferred to Fulham... That's got to be more than just a coincidental retweet!

Kebano + Cyriac = The Dembele and McCormack goal deficit sorted

westcliff white

Quote from: rubbernecca on August 28, 2016, 01:14:25 PM
Quote from: Matty389 on August 28, 2016, 01:00:45 PM

Kebano + Cyriac = The Dembele and McCormack goal deficit sorted
Kebano didn't score many for Genk, when at Charleroi he was prolific for a midfielder
Every day is a Fulham day