Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on August 30, 2016, 03:45:22 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on August 30, 2016, 03:37:57 PM
There's a reason why they're all without a contract: they're rubbish

Calling Miro Klose rubbish is the worst form of blasphemy!
Would usually agree but he was pony last season
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

Id take Chamakh for the championship, not his thought he played for a crap palace team, ad adebaoyor he be good up till xmas then flog him to a desperate PL club for a few mill

AlexW132

Didn't notice him, sorry. But most of the rest are, apart from Di Natale, Salpingidis and Berbatov. The only one I'd consider is Robson Kanu, but apparently he was very average at Reading.

valdeingruo

Of that list there are 6 I would reluctantly consider. 4 have big egos that if reigned in could be useful and two are too old. I hope it doesn't come down to that though.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

alexmur

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 30, 2016, 03:47:42 PM

Didn't notice him, sorry. But most of the rest are, apart from Di Natale, Salpingidis and Berbatov. The only one I'd consider is Robson Kanu, but apparently he was very average at Reading.
Robson kanu has a serious case of ruiz, gives 100% for his country and 20 % for the club

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hopper

Quote from: MJG on August 30, 2016, 02:41:30 PM
Quote from: hopper on August 30, 2016, 02:32:43 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 30, 2016, 01:00:39 PM
VIllas deal for Hernandez of Hull is off, player wants to much, so they have now bid 15 million for Kodija apparently.

Surely Villa are breaking FFP at this rate
Tried explaining this on twitter.....

A little known rule on FFP for ex PL clubs is they can lose £35M in one season (hence Villa & Newcastle splashing)

That means they can show a total of £61m loss over a 3 season period, one of which would have been in the PL last season.

Given that Villa pretty much ran their team down over last few years, good chance they made a profit last season, so can spend

Hope that sort of clears up how these clubs can do what they are doing, unlike other teams that have been relegated before.

Thanks for the breakdown. Mind boggles seeing a championship side spend £26 million on 2 players. Villa are a side I'd like to see struggle.

No guarantee that those 2 will push them to top 6

Northern Cottager

Quote from: fulhamross on August 30, 2016, 03:34:20 PM
Strikers out of contract:

I'd have Berbatov for a laugh.

KP_FFC

AlexW132

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 30, 2016, 04:41:35 PM

I'd have Berbatov for a laugh.

I'd have Bendtner for an even bigger laugh

gerrys

Di Natale has consistently scored goals and has a great attitude.......no idea how he would react in Championship football though...

sunburywhite

Quote from: gerrys on August 30, 2016, 05:25:45 PM

Di Natale has consistently scored goals and has a great attitude.......no idea how he would react in Championship football though...

At 38 I would think he would react very slowly
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Carborundum

If Wikipedia is to be trusted, these free agents can be signed any time in the season, so their desirability probably increases later this week if things go wrong on Wednesday and / or a current player gets a long term injury.

Of those listed, the one that catches my eye is Victor Anichebe.  He's only ever played in the Premier League and at Championship level he could be a handful.  When I have watched him, I've been impressed by his back-to-goal strength.  Moyes' Everton played with an emphasis on defence and nippy wingers so he would understand the role.  Thorough medical and short term prove yourself deal wouldn't be the worst plan.

ChrisP1234

Quote from: Carborundum on August 30, 2016, 05:47:26 PM
If Wikipedia is to be trusted, these free agents can be signed any time in the season, so their desirability probably increases later this week if things go wrong on Wednesday and / or a current player gets a long term injury.

Of those listed, the one that catches my eye is Victor Anichebe.  He's only ever played in the Premier League and at Championship level he could be a handful.  When I have watched him, I've been impressed by his back-to-goal strength.  Moyes' Everton played with an emphasis on defence and nippy wingers so he would understand the role.  Thorough medical and short term prove yourself deal wouldn't be the worst plan.

I was thinking the same. Would be interesting to see what he could do with regular game time and playing a system that suits him. He's a unit and at 28 should still have a few years left in him.

westcliff white

Gyan move called off by both parties, Gyan to consider lives to other uk based clubs and those in the UAE

rusty shackleford

Apparently Reading tried to get him to drop out of the Africa Nations Cup and Gyan said no

cmg

Quote from: westcliff white on August 30, 2016, 06:43:23 PM
Gyan move called off by both parties, Gyan to consider lives to other uk based clubs and those in the UAE

UAE's very nice this time of year. Etihad Airlines Term 4 Heathrow.

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 30, 2016, 06:49:17 PM
Apparently Reading tried to get him to drop out of the Africa Nations Cup and Gyan said no

Now, I'm going to be a bit Mandy Rice-Davies here. Nobody is going to go on the record if there has been a failed medical.

westcliff white

He is Ghanas captain can see why he didn't want to miss it
Although it's a ridiculous time if the season for it to be held

Nero

It's was probably no...... unless you pay me

westcliff white

Quote from: cmg on August 30, 2016, 06:57:56 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 30, 2016, 06:43:23 PM

UAE's very nice this time of year. Etihad Airlines Term 4 Heathrow.

Now, I'm going to be a bit Mandy Rice-Davies here. Nobody is going to go on the record if there has been a failed medical.
Can't see why Reading wouldn't say so, their fans would want to know

filham

Great work posting such a comprehensive list of available strikers but we may soon find such lists are prohibited without stats markings against each player.