Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 31, 2016, 01:13:12 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 31, 2016, 01:10:43 PM
So are we not buying a striker then?

I don't think we will sign anyone today. If we can't get the right player we will wait until Jan. It's a bummer but feel that's the way it's looking.
doubt we will need one in January. It will be really hard to keep or momentum with just Cauley and Smith to pick from.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: HamsterWheel on August 31, 2016, 01:16:49 PM
Problem is every man and his dog wants a striker. And a fair few of the teams seem willing to pay over the odds for average players. I think we can just about cope without another one, but it'll be hard to win matches by more than the 1 goal we seem to be doing.
Problem is we have known for over a month that we needed one and did nothing about it. Apparently we are the only ones who go by the you can only try and sign players on dead line day rule. Still we probably made a tiny profit in this window

NJFulham

Quote from: fulhamben on August 31, 2016, 01:19:33 PM
Problem is every man and his dog wants a striker. And a fair few of the teams seem willing to pay over the odds for average players. I think we can just about cope without another one, but it'll be hard to win matches by more than the 1 goal we seem to be doing.
Problem is we have known for over a month that we needed one and did nothing about it. Apparently we are the only ones who go by the you can only try and sign players on dead line day rule. Still we probably made a tiny profit in this window

weve signed an entire new starting XI this summer.

The Swan

We are in talks with a view to sign Adyebor. Is he the answer to our striker problrm.
The Swan

fulhamben

Quote from: NJFulham on August 31, 2016, 01:20:43 PM

not a striker though.

Toby Ward-Smith

For me we need to look at the permanent options today like Cyriac, Enrich and Martin and push everything for these deals. Or maybe make last minute bids for Wells or Assombalonga and splash the cash on a striker like every other Championship club seem to be doing. Then if we don't pull through on a deal we then start talking to Adebayor and bring him in once the windows shut. Whilst the window is open for me we need to avoid Adebayor unless he is the last option which I don't think he is.

NJFulham

Quote from: fulhamben on August 31, 2016, 01:22:40 PM

not a striker though.

good strikers are hard to sign. everyone wants one!

fulhamben

If the question is which bandit could you get upfront on a free then yes he is the answer. Problem with him is he only does well with a club till he signs on a perm. Could be fantastic but recent years would suggest not. Would be better than signing no one though

westcliff white

covered on the main transfer thread so will move this thread to that one
Every day is a Fulham day

Wearethewhites

Minus a striker or 2, that we've bloody known about, since Ross and Moussa left the Club. Could understand if we just lost someone, but to stockpile the whole squad, then leave this to the last 12 hours is ludicrous. Will undo all the hard work we've done to late.

NJFulham

Adebayor sounds fantastic in theory.

fulhamben

Quote from: NJFulham on August 31, 2016, 01:24:22 PM

not a striker though.

yet other teams manage to sign strikers. Derby villa Newcastle all managed as did others. And I doubt there are many teams with just two on their books. Plus we have had more than ample time to find one.

Mince n Tatties

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 31, 2016, 01:28:20 PM
:031:  :031:  :031:
I'm with you mate. Still time but it will be shocking if we don't.

Lighthouse

Sergi Enrich staying where he is. Fulham offered fee but no go. Diana Ross is still singing 'I'M STILL WAITING. Rather loudly.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Agree Ben, if we had 10 million to spend on a midfielder from St Ettiene then I would think we could use that 10 million to entice a striker or two. Not saying we have not tried but its been a molnth since Ross left so plenty of time to identify several trargets. I really do hope this isnt a case of SJ and the stats guys being at opposite ends of the spectrum
Every day is a Fulham day

NJFulham

Quote from: fulhamben on August 31, 2016, 01:27:39 PM
Quote from: NJFulham on August 31, 2016, 01:24:22 PM

not a striker though.

yet other teams manage to sign strikers. Derby villa Newcastle all managed as did others. And I doubt there are many teams with just two on their books. Plus we have had more than ample time to find one.

i would not be ok with signing kodija for 12-15 mil. you can get 80% of kodija for 4 mil.

dhowells21

Kodija's value on transfermrkt is 2.13 mln. Obviously they're not always right, but it's a good impartial view on the quality of a player. Paying 5x + more for a 26 year old, doesn't strike me as amazing value...

I'm not sure we'd be singing anyones praises for that business.

bill taylors apprentice

We needed to get someone in the bushes outside MP with binoculars to keep us updated on the comings and goings, if there are any ???

Mince n Tatties

Hilda the Tea Lady has just been seen going
In with 3 packets of Digestives.