watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Labyad Gone.

Started by Lighthouse, May 06, 2016, 05:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Slavisa Jokanovic reveals Zakaria Labyad is no longer training with the Fulham squad amid walk-out rumours

17:06, 6 May 2016
    By Tom Moore

The 23-year-old hasn't been on the bench since the defeat to Boro and it appears that the club and player have parted ways before the loan came to an end

Gone: Zakaria Labyad

Slavisa Jokanovic has confirmed that Zakaria Labyad is no longer training with Fulham, amid rumours that he has walked out on the club.

The Moroccan joined the Whites on loan from Sporting Lisbon in February but has found his time on the pitch limited to just two substitute appearances in defeats to Blackburn and Middlesbrough.

The 23-year-old hasn't been on the bench since the defeat to Boro and it appears that the club and player have parted ways before the loan came to an end.

Jokanovic said: "He's not been in my plans in the last few weeks – this is the situation. He's not training with us."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

St. Andrews White

Shame - was really hoping he could provide us with pace and a creative spark. A shame to see such a talent going to waste.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Rhys Lightning 63

And thus he joins the 'Jari Litmanen list' of players who signed for us, yet never made an appearance
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamben

Still, we will always have our memories
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

I think Litmanen may have made an appearance, Labyad I am sure got an appearance of the bench
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Yonderwhite on May 06, 2016, 05:30:28 PM
Shame - was really hoping he could provide us with pace and a creative spark. A shame to see such a talent going to waste.

Such talent go to waste?
Couldn't been much good or he would have played.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 06, 2016, 05:45:04 PM

Such talent go to waste?

Hmmm, fair enough view. He is a good footballer tho, but let down off the pitch. Attitude problems, without these attitude problems, he never would have come to us anyway and would be a top 6 club now.
STH H3

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 06, 2016, 05:45:04 PM

Such talent go to waste?

He used to be a highly revered talent in the Eridivisie and got a big move to Sporting. He had so much potential is what I was trying to say, although it's clear attitude problems have held him back if he's not training with the squad.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Ronnief

I saw Labyad play for the under 21's at Motspur Park.  He was less than impressive, did not appear to have much pace and certainly gave very little effort.  If he expected to get into the first team with that effort he was sadly mistaken.  The 17 year olds playing in that match were the outstanding players so I am not sad to see him leave. 

filham

You know , There are times when I wonder if our managers even see players in action before they are signed but instead act on reports and stats.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: filham link=topirecomm630#msg772630 date=1462557918
You know , There are times when I wonder if our managers even see players in action before they are signed but instead act on reports and stats.

Too many signings made on the words of agents nowadays
looking to make quick bucks.

Fulham76

A shame. He made a big big impact......

Holders

Quote from: westcliff white on May 06, 2016, 05:38:37 PM
I think Litmanen may have made an appearance, Labyad I am sure got an appearance of the bench

Litmanen definitely didn't. Pity, he was such a talent.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bill taylors apprentice

Lets not waste our time on this.

Interesting that Ince was made to wait because of perceived fitness issues while Labyad barely got a sniff of the first team?

Maybe he didn't react well and blotted his copy book?

davew

Quote from: filham on May 06, 2016, 07:05:18 PM
Or bid for them on Ebay maybe?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Keefy

Mr Lighthouse, please check facebook

Lighthouse

Quote from: Keefy on May 06, 2016, 09:56:39 PM
Mr Lighthouse, please check facebook

Just sent you message. I am really gutted I can't make it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jamie88

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on May 06, 2016, 05:31:09 PM
And thus he joins the 'Jari Litmanen list' of players who signed for us, yet never made an appearance

...he did, twice.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on May 06, 2016, 05:31:09 PM

I think he joins the Taraabt camp for 'perhaps not as good as he thought he was and attitude problems'

I think he had only a couple of cameo appearances, both I think were of TV games which I watched and he didn't
seem that good, but nor did Kitroglou who I would LOVE to see back
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

sunburywhite

Years
Team Apps† (Gls)†

1987–1990
Reipas 86 (28)

HJK 27 (16)

MyPa 18 (7)

1992–1999
Ajax 159 (91)

1999–2001
Barcelona 21 (3)

2001–2002
Liverpool 26 (5)

2002–2004
Ajax 20 (5)

Lahti 11 (3)

Hansa Rostock 13 (1)

2005–2007
Malmö FF 10 (3)

Fulham 0 (0)

2008–2010
Lahti 40 (10)

HJK 18 (1)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me