News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Price For Schwarzer, If it were your call??

Started by os5889, August 15, 2010, 05:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: JBH on August 16, 2010, 07:50:07 AM
I would take £3 mil plus Gibbs on load for 1 season
If Gibbs is the left back getting a fair bit of notice great shout  :54: , especially if the rumours concerning Konch to Liverpool are true (cant be though as trustworthy Woy said he wouldn't raid us).

LRCN

2 and a half or 3 million? and i don't think it's worth losing him for a season for that. so let's keep him and let his contract run out (who knows, he might change his mind)

SHADY1

100% agree the the comment made about Boro ... they had a couple of good seasons let MS go and got relegated no coincedence.
I would prefer to keep MS than get in any of the names mentioned.
Such a shame that it appears he probably will go... I think he's been a bigger asset to us than any keeper including VDS.
What we may get financially has no relevance at all on this occasion.
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

os5889

I'm taking the old soft view that we signed the boy on a free, he has given us 2 splendid years but never got the opportunity he deserved at a BIG BIG club, if we could squeeze £3.5 million out of Arsenal and perhaps a loan there are options out there with the likes of Given, personally I would love to see Samir Handonovic in a Fulham shirt

richardhkirkando

My stats say that Given was actually better than Schwarzer last season, but Schwarzer was significantly better in 08/09.  If I were to throw out a guess, I'd say that Schwarzer probably prevents 2-3 goals vs Given over the season.  For a mid-table side, that might be 1 or 2 places, or £1-2m prize/TV money (and since Schwarzer only has one year left on his contract, we only need to look at one year).

So, £3m is probably fine if we can get Shay Given for sure (and also assuming that it's 1) a loan with no fee, and 2) wages are similar - if there's a transfer fee, tack that on top of the £3m we get for Schwarzer).  But that's only because Given is also very good.  But the cost difference between Schwarzer and (for example) David James might be double that, not even counting potential decreases in gate receipts, European places, etc.