more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Promoted: Millwall sign Shaun Hutchinson on two-year deal

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 21, 2016, 02:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Millwall sign Shaun Hutchinson on two-year deal

SHAUN Hutchinson will join Millwall on a two-year deal when his contract with Fulham expires at the end of the month.

The 25-year-old will officially join the club on July 1 on a free transfer from the West London side.

Hutchinson is a right-footed centre-half who has played predominantly on the left-hand side of a defensive pairing.

He made 41 appearances for Fulham since he joined them from Motherwell back in 2014 having played 138 times for the Scottish side.

And Harris is delighted to have secured the signature of the Newcastle-born defender.

"I tracked him a couple of years ago," Harris said. "He first came to the forefront when he was playing in Scotland.

"Millwall tried to sign him, we made a bid for him, Kenny Jackett really pursued him to try and get him, but it didn't quite come off.

"I saw him play a couple of years ago at Fulham and we tried to get him then and again, we couldn't get him – but I really liked him then.

"We monitored the situation all season and we saw him play this past year."

Hutchinson will be the second summer signing for Millwall after winger David Worrall signed from Southend.

And Harris has told fans what they can expect from the new signing.

"He's a very aggressive centre-half that wants to head it and tackle," Harris explained. "That's certainly the centre-half I like to have in my team – he fits the bill.

"He is like David Worrall, he's at an excellent age in his career and he certainly is a man who has a point to prove. He wants to get back into the Championship and play at that level.

"We certainly look forward to him joining us on July 1.

snarks

I like him, always did, with the right player alongside him, he could be very decent. Prefer Madl tho'

Lighthouse

He was unfortunate to be in the worst Fulham defensive setup in years. Nobody to take the ball in midfield nobody with pace to help things out. He will undoubtedly do very well at Millwall. Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Fact hes in his prime and gone down a division says it all for me.

hammertime

Gone down for Game time and to jump back up more than likely......

Chutney

Must have a cracking agent, how he's managed to get a deal above league 2 level is remarkable.
C O Y W

gang

A right footed defender playing on the left side of a defensive partnership, says it all about our management.

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Quote from: gang on June 21, 2016, 03:03:51 PM
A right footed defender playing on the left side of a defensive partnership, says it all about our management.

That was where he played for Motherwell. To be honest he's probably found his level (for now) in League 1. I was never convinced by him. He never looked comfortable playing out so in a system that doesnt require playing from the back he will probably be quite solid for Millwall.

Andy S

Well the coaches see players every day and they didn't think he was up to it. We see the players in general everyother game and he looked suspect. The whole defence did. So that says it all for me.

J.Perkins

Hangeland is right footed. Terry is right footed. Vidic is right footed. May I go on.

WayneKerrins

Lacked football, nous and concentration. Switches off and gets caught under the ball. If you don't have that by his age then you'll never have it.

Mince n Tatties

I thought he looked good the couple of appearances at the end of the
season,especially at Ipswich.
I would have kept him,think he might get better yet and surprise a few.
Good luck Shaun,pity you gone to Millwall....

Ordar

I liked him. When I saw him play against Crawley in the pre season game just after we signed him, I thought he was going to be amazing, and a future Fulham captain. He never seem to recover after getting done for pace for the goal at Ipswich on the opening day.

Good luck to him

gang

Quote from: J.Perkins on June 21, 2016, 03:54:19 PM

Hangeland is right footed. Terry is right footed. Vidic is right footed. May I go on.
I thought Hangeland is left footed, however it makes no difference regardless of which foot Hutchinson favours he isn't very good.

gang

filham

Burn and Hutchinson now gone. Personally I thought they were both as good a Spearman but there is no doubt our back four needed a make over. Can we now expect a new signing of quality as a replacement.

mike_corkcity12

Seemed like a nice affable person to have in the dressing room.

Appeared to be average enough defender for me. Think Madl is an upgrade. Good luck to Hutch.

b+w geezer

Seems a good egg, so wish him well.  In physique and especially gait reminiscent of Simon Morgan, but without Morgs' smarts. It'll matter less in League One.

MikeW

Worth noting that in the recent proposed League shake up (if it happened) based on this years performance we would not be in the Championship but Div 3.  So don't get sniffy about players in Div 1 - we possibly ain't that far off?  Limboland beckons.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

davew

At least we have now got rid of 2 of our best defenders, only way to make sure of relegation next season assuming our only 2 strikers go as well! Must check our odds for next season on staying up??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)