News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

STRIKER HAILED AS NEXT THIERRY HENRY JETS INTO GLASGOW TO UNDERGO CELTIC MEDICAL

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 28, 2016, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Did anyone really expect him to stay with his head being turned as it was, wonder if Roberts had any influence in the matter. He will get plenty of game time and play in Champions League and Europa when they get knocked out in the early round. If he is good as some say he will be away from there in a season or two for  lot more money.

I hope he doesn't mind the cold.

Woodlawn

Forget how the big clubs never thought he was good enough, He now has to prove himself that he is as good as he thinks he is.  I have my doubts

Burt

Now that he has gone I am less interested in whether he will cut it and realise his full potential and more interested to understand where our goals are going to come from next season!

copthornemike

Good deal for Celtic - on such a long contract for a 19 yo they will get a good sell on fee if he is only half successful. He might have a poor first touch but that is something that can be worked on and he can score goals so Celtic are not taking much of a risk other than if he gets injured.

Dembele could have moved to bigger clubs / leagues but he will get more game time, is with a good coach and will get games in Europe.

As for Fulham no large transfer fee but at least we got a got a good season from him - albeit much of the credit for that is due to Mr McCormack.

Hopefully Cauley will shine similarly over the season and so give reason to attract the attention of bigger clubs.  If we keep Ross - and I feel we will - there is every opportunity for Cauley to have a productive season if the rest of the team performs.

Max Headroom

Strange move for him. Not a step up from the championship, although I guess he gets champions league. Probably advised by Roberts.

Good luck to him, but I think he could have done better....

kevin

Will we buy a new striker or will Cauley Woodrow get the chance to prove himself .........

mouse

Step up Cauley.
I hope you get an extended chance to show the football world what,I think,you are capable of.
COYW

Lighthouse

Quote from: kevin on June 28, 2016, 11:45:28 PM
Will we buy a new striker or will Cauley Woodrow get the chance to prove himself .........

Depends if we are serious about wanting promotion. We all know we are nowhere near it and I doubt we will be whoever comes in. But a striker with pedigree will be needed if we are. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EN1 FFC

At 19 yo he still has a lot of learning to do. I guess if he does well then English Premier clubs will come in for him. Patrick Roberts has been farmed out to Celtic, and I guess European football is a big pull with the possibility of trophies, and there is limited competition for starting places in the first team if he can prove himself quickly.

Fulham haven't really covered themselves in glory with their youth policy and how they deal with their contracts. We have now lost 3 youths with potential to be the future solid spine of our club and only got a fee for Roberts that merited the market value.

jarv

Euro football at Celtic?  OK, one game and out. Not exactly euro football, some backwater in the likes of Lithuana.  Backwards move imo. As already said, his goals helped Fulham escape relegation so good luck to him. I doubt any on here will follow his career, not exactly a legend.