News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we don't invest in this window is everyone done with Khan?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, June 29, 2016, 07:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Sorry to be late to the party on this, YJ. There is none so blind as he who will not see.

Oh, and much of the commentary from YJ and me and some others on here comes from the title of the thread itself. It reminds me of a bunch of guys playing cards in a garage somewhere, and this little guy runs in and says, "Hey! There's this weird family that moved in two blocks away. Let's go down and tell 'em what we think about 'em! Who's with me? Fellas? ..... Fellas?"

Deciding you're "done with Khan" will have as much impact on the universe, on the league, and on Fulham as everyone in the garage going, "Sure, we're with you. Go ahead."

Me? If Sanchez and Jol can't run me off, I don't see Khan doing it. I'm not a conditional supporter. I don't back the club only if.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 03, 2016, 02:03:01 AM
Words are arranged in a certain manner to convey meaning. I did not say that there is xenophobia here but that there are xenophobes here. Both sides of the fence mind you, but I was referring to the idea that if Khan doesn't splash the cash than some people are "done with him". Find, be done with the man but don't pretend he hasn't spent. How did we get a transfer ban if money wasn't spent? I don't know if it is just the nature of football fans, but there always seems to be a need to have some individual to bash. Baird was pounded mercilessly and turned out being a well liked hero. Remember when Roy was insultingly referred to as Woy? Stearman came aboard as the answer to our center half problem and now is lambasted regularly. There is no satisfying some. Khan was and is solely blamed for the Mitroglou affair and at the time was criticized for "wasting " money on Ross. Where are those complainers now?
I'm essentially a positive guy. I don't understand the crying and gnashing of teeth that has become prevalent the last few years and it just plain irritates me.

Sttato, the history of Fulham is that the club has been out of the top division much of the last 137 years and most of the post war years as well. It was just an off the cuff comment and had nothing to do with fan expectations.  As a fan, I hope and expect the team to acquit itself well and start each season with my eyes on the prize. A new season is a rebirth. Woodrow might do more this year than Demblele did last. Who really expected Moose to break out like he did? Matt Smith might chip in a dozen. Maybe Adeniran will be the second coming of Garth Bale. Its better to be optimistic than grovel in pain at what might go wrong. Being a masochist doesn't ring my bell. LOL There is plenty of time next spring to cry and moan.............................. and then look forward to next August! COYW

Xenophobes exhibit xenophobia. That's the definition.

If you mean there are xenophobes here but they are not currently expressing it then you might as well said there are posters who like Marmite as their being xenophobes has no relevance.

If those of us who don't have your self-proclaimed gift for language can put alternative viewpoint to the 'done with' argument in a civil manner we might have hoped that you could express yourself without resorting to abuse about there being xenophobes.

filham

Khan has yet to give us an successful manager, if Jocanovic fails then a long talk with MAF would be needed.

Look at how well MAF's managers' have turned out to be:-

Tigana - The most attractive football we have ever seen at the Cottage and a promotion.

Coleman - Did well for us on a tight budget and the best premiership bargain buy in McBride at under a million. Now enormous success with Wales in the Euros.

Roy -  Gave us the most success in our history which helped him on his way to become England manager.

Keegan - a good manager who left us to take the job as England manager

MJG

Quote from: filham on July 03, 2016, 05:11:37 PM
Khan has yet to give us an successful manager, if Jocanovic fails then a long talk with MAF would be needed.

Look at how well MAF's managers' have turned out to be:-

Tigana - The most attractive football we have ever seen at the Cottage and a promotion.

Coleman - Did well for us on a tight budget and the best premiership bargain buy in McBride at under a million. Now enormous success with Wales in the Euros.

Roy -  Gave us the most success in our history which helped him on his way to become England manager.

Keegan - a good manager who left us to take the job as England manager

in return I give you Wilkins, Bracewell, Sanchez and his parting gift Jol

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on July 03, 2016, 03:20:40 PM
Sorry to be late to the party on this, YJ. There is none so blind as he who will not see.

Oh, and much of the commentary from YJ and me and some others on here comes from the title of the thread itself. It reminds me of a bunch of guys playing cards in a garage somewhere, and this little guy runs in and says, "Hey! There's this weird family that moved in two blocks away. Let's go down and tell 'em what we think about 'em! Who's with me? Fellas? ..... Fellas?"

Deciding you're "done with Khan" will have as much impact on the universe, on the league, and on Fulham as everyone in the garage going, "Sure, we're with you. Go ahead."

Me? If Sanchez and Jol can't run me off, I don't see Khan doing it. I'm not a conditional supporter. I don't back the club only if.

Read the bloody op please before asscoiating me with this argument, you're reading far too much into it. Telling me he who is blind will not see, well it's you that's not reading it properly lol.

And the garage comment targetted at me claiming I try to influence people I suppose is what that means?  Coming from the blogger who speaks on behalf of half of Texas lol! Come on HD, you can do better than that little dig.  076.gif to our little club.

I would have the same concerns with any owner whose done what Khan has or hasn't so far, whether they were white, Asian,  black, English, from Mars it wouldn't make a difference.

It's ignorant to use the word xenophobia in relation to this post, it has nothing to back up quite a strong accusation.

If you read the post you will see it isn't an antI Khan thread. It isn't a  little garage call (whatever that is) to get everyone to gang up on him. It is in actual fact "wipe the last two years under the carpet and give him a 3rd chance to prove he can get this right". Invest might be the wrong word, getting things right is probably the better phrase to use. I can't speak on behalf of others commenting with similar concerns that you're arguing with but from a personal point of view, referring to me as a xenophobe and you HD refering to me as a little man trying to gang up on the weirdo or whatever you said is going way OTT, suprise suprise. And please don't compare Khan to the weirdo down the street either,  it's bad enough I'm playing the role of the little guy in this meeting we're apparently having lol.  :wine:

I was advised to keep an eye on this thread as it would get heated because of the concerns surrounding Khan. That's how it's become. I'm disappointed, I don't want to argue, I don't even want to go to harsh on Khan, I haven't name called or got personal. I started a debate to see if anyone else agreed that if he makes the same mistakes for a third season in a row will they be done with him, in other words lose patience.

I hope he gets it right, I said I thought he was a nice guy and had his heart in the right place but it's still not enough. I'm supposed to kiss the feet of a man who has ruined my football club and to date shows not much sign of it getting better.

Fulham fans love Dempsey and McBride, both American just to highlight the obvious. We embraced them and think the world of them, we even have McBrides bar. All football fans recognise loyalty and effort but it is most commonly success that gains popularity and respect.  And to date I think the only thing Khan's done well is appoint Jokanovic and spend pretty generously albeit not always the right way (not his fault).

At no point have I mentioned being done with the club. I will compare Fulham with parenthood. If my children are slacking, continuously making the wrong decisions in life or not learning from mistakes I will tell them. I may even criticise them, shout at them, argue too. Does that mean I'm giving up or don't love them unconditionally? No, it's because I do love them and care that I can't sit back and watch them ruin their futures or in this case our clubs future.

What you on the other hand are doing is making out the child can do no wrong and in the end it is this denial that does more harm than good.

Mo doesn't get away Scott free, he should have invested too. He sold us in a poor position to Khan but that's gone now, Khan has overseen a dreadful reign so far with not much going right, even the best academy generation we've had since the 50s/60s ended with 3 of the outstanding potentially world class players either running out of contract or leaving for peanuts.

As has been mentioned Mo made mistakes with managers, Sanchez who was replaced by Hodgson. Bracewell who was replaced by Tigana. Wilkins who was replaced by Keegan. Can you see the pattern there? Mistakes aren't what makes a person incompetent, it's the failure to learn from them.

I believe Khan  has made a good appointment in Jokanovic but it remains to be seen if this manager will be hindered by the influence of Rigg. Something at Fulham just doesn't seem right from communication to decision making. This isn't all Khan's fault but he is the guy at the top and if he oversees a third consecutive poor season then I will lose faith. 

I don't believe he has bad intentions for the club but that doesn't make him a good chairman. At the minute it just makes him a safer option than some of the nutters out there ruining football clubs. So I wouldn't necessarily say he has to go because it's always a gamble especially with how vulnerable the Cottage's future with owners could be but I'm entitled to say if I'm unhappy and if it gets to that stage I will. Just like I'm sure you would.

And can I just finish my speech by thanking all of those that attended the meeting in my little garage and point out that the club have since announced that we have secured the signing of Ayite who I don't know much about but I'm pleased to see the wide area being addressed and from what I've heard he seems a good signing. Bamford is rumoured to be on his way too so hopefully we are steering in the right direction.

Well done everyone  :wine:  Please take your rubbish with you, food, drink and banners, this meeting is adjourned......for now.  049:gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

YankeeJim

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 03, 2016, 05:03:17 PM
Words are arranged in a certain manner to convey meaning. I did not say that there is xenophobia here but that there are xenophobes here. Both sides of the fence mind you, but I was referring to the idea that if Khan doesn't splash the cash than some people are "done with him". Find, be done with the man but don't pretend he hasn't spent. How did we get a transfer ban if money wasn't spent? I don't know if it is just the nature of football fans, but there always seems to be a need to have some individual to bash. Baird was pounded mercilessly and turned out being a well liked hero. Remember when Roy was insultingly referred to as Woy? Stearman came aboard as the answer to our center half problem and now is lambasted regularly. There is no satisfying some. Khan was and is solely blamed for the Mitroglou affair and at the time was criticized for "wasting " money on Ross. Where are those complainers now?
I'm essentially a positive guy. I don't understand the crying and gnashing of teeth that has become prevalent the last few years and it just plain irritates me.

Sttato, the history of Fulham is that the club has been out of the top division much of the last 137 years and most of the post war years as well. It was just an off the cuff comment and had nothing to do with fan expectations.  As a fan, I hope and expect the team to acquit itself well and start each season with my eyes on the prize. A new season is a rebirth. Woodrow might do more this year than Demblele did last. Who really expected Moose to break out like he did? Matt Smith might chip in a dozen. Maybe Adeniran will be the second coming of Garth Bale. Its better to be optimistic than grovel in pain at what might go wrong. Being a masochist doesn't ring my bell. LOL There is plenty of time next spring to cry and moan.............................. and then look forward to next August! COYW

If you mean there are xenophobes here but they are not currently expressing it then you might as well said there are posters who like Marmite as their being xenophobes has no relevance.

If those of us who don't have your self-proclaimed gift for language can put alternative viewpoint to the 'done with' argument in a civil manner we might have hoped that you could express yourself without resorting to abuse about there being xenophobes.

Hatter made the comment "There is none so blind as he who will not see." While that certainly doesn't apply here, what does is the opposite. There is non so convinced as he who only sees what he wants. I can't seem to be able to convey my thoughts since you and Bill
see something different. So rather than make a snide comment or resort to sarcasm, which there is enough of here, I'll just move on.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 03, 2016, 07:39:24 PM

Hatter made the comment "There is none so blind as he who will not see." While that certainly doesn't apply here, what does is the opposite. There is non so convinced as he who only sees what he wants. I can't seem to be able to convey my thoughts since you and Bill
see something different. So rather than make a snide comment or resort to sarcasm, which there is enough of here, I'll just move on.

You continue to avoid ever justifying your abuse of members of this messageboard as xenophobes with evermore incoherent and offensive comments.

HatterDon

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 03, 2016, 08:09:40 PM

You continue to avoid ever justifying your abuse of members of this messageboard as xenophobes with evermore incoherent and offensive comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbL_rsCvqsU
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

All fans want  success, and then they are happy. Whereas losing, and doing badly -  as in being relegated, and then nearly being relegated again two seasons in a  row, makes them unhappy, and question  what is  going on with those who own and run the club.

Khan has said that  the aim is for Fulham to be promoted back to the Prem, and to this end he sacked Kit Symons and appointed  SJ, who  hasn't done any better than Kit so far. But this isn't Khan's fault, though sometimes  he may have been ill advised, and SJ could still be a success at Fulham.

Investment in the playing squad is the best guarantee  for success in football, but Fulham have already fallen foul of FFP and this could be preventing Khan from investing more in the team - but it's understandable  why fans are unhappy. FFP seems complicated and designed to penalise smaller clubs, and would have prevented Fulham getting into the Prem in the first place.

But fans feel powerless, and foreign owners, living thousands of miles away, can add to the sense of lack of control of 'their' club, but there is nothing xenophobic about this or against Khan because he is American - there have generally been positive feelings towards him, and a desire, and initial  positive feelings, to do well under him. If we do well, Khan will be lauded,a hero- criticised if we don't, as will everyone involved in club management, same with the players.

Many fans here  remember when we last fell out of the top flight and plunged down through the divisions, and into the wilderness for many years, the club nearly going out of business, so it's understandable why fans are concerned  because of what's happened in the last three seasons.

Success with SJ this season will set fans'  minds at rest and make them happy and full of praise for Khan and the club management, but at the moment, fans understandably feel worried. A few more new signings will help to ease anxieties and engender optimism for the coming season though.

Any criticism of Khan is nothing to do with xenophobia. Rigg gets more vicious criticism and Ali Mack - both British, while SJ also isn't English, but will be a hero if he does well, and criticised if does badly- nothing to do with nationality.

Anyway - let's hope for a good start and continuing success for Fulham this new season .
COYW 049:gif

Quote from: Statto on July 03, 2016, 10:06:12 PM

It is ironic when a small number of American posters disagree with the general body of posters about an American (currently it's Khan, a few years ago it was Dempsey) and then it's them who accuse the others of nationality bias and "only seeing what they want to see."

That will unleash the whirlwind!

Thanks for deflecting the attention away from me.

But at the end of the day there are plenty of much worse things that can happen in life than getting called a xenophobe on an Internet forum.

That is true in the specific but the more general issue is that the world would be a better place if those who did not like a certain view were challenged when they let their own prejudices loose and resorted to unfounded allegations and abuse.

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 03, 2016, 10:58:48 PM

It is ironic when a small number of American posters disagree with the general body of posters about an American (currently it's Khan, a few years ago it was Dempsey) and then it's them who accuse the others of nationality bias and "only seeing what they want to see."

But at the end of the day there are plenty of much worse things that can happen in life than getting called a xenophobe on an Internet forum.

That is true in the specific but the more general issue is that the world would be a better place if those who did not like a certain view were challenged when they let their own prejudices loose and resorted to unfounded allegations and abuse.

Enough is enough now, and that counts for everyone else in this thread who is bickering, claiming they're being attacked, or pulling peoples posts apart, just so they can prove a point, or belittle those in front of others. Somehow, a minority have manged to ruin a perfectly good thread, and if it continues, it will be locked and warnings issues.

WayneKerrins

But I mean Woodrow being better next season than Dembele was last? Can someone give me odds against on that as I'm all in?

YankeeJim

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 03, 2016, 10:58:48 PM

[

Can I take that as an apology?
Thank you Don. I think you nailed it.

Skatzoffc

I'm afraid I'm resigned to another poor season as it stands at the moment.
We should have signed players up already imo. It's only 1mth to the first game. So I see another struggle this season tbh.

I have no faith in Khan or the upper management of this club.
Ho hum
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Lighthouse

As a multi millionaire I am very good at being a multi millionaire. I happen to like cake. I have no idea how it is made or all the different varieties. But I like it and have a chance to invest. As I know nothing I ask and employ people who have been at this cake company who know a thing or two. I provide money. But low and behold the cake products that have been rolling off the conveyor belt have been horrible, sickly, salty, stuff that nobody likes.

So why is it that I am being blamed? I clearly employ the wrong people and must take PART of the blame. But I think we need to look at the cake makers and ask why the hell are they still there?

New cake coming by the way. Will not be moist and may be a bit nutty. Plenty of warning labels and consumption may cause boredom or anger.

Oh and can we stop having a go at each other. It is the makers of the cake not the consumers who are to blame.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YankeeJim

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 04, 2016, 10:23:23 AM
As a multi millionaire I am very good at being a multi millionaire. I happen to like cake. I have no idea how it is made or all the different varieties. But I like it and have a chance to invest. As I know nothing I ask and employ people who have been at this cake company who know a thing or two. I provide money. But low and behold the cake products that have been rolling off the conveyor belt have been horrible, sickly, salty, stuff that nobody likes.

So why is it that I am being blamed? I clearly employ the wrong people and must take PART of the blame. But I think we need to look at the cake makers and ask why the hell are they still there?

New cake coming by the way. Will not be moist and may be a bit nutty. Plenty of warning labels and consumption may cause boredom or anger.

Oh and can we stop having a go at each other. It is the makers of the cake not the consumers who are to blame.

Well said! Light comes from the Lighthouse. Who woulda thunk? LOL

Logicalman

Quote from: Statto on July 02, 2016, 07:59:50 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 02, 2016, 07:17:00 PM
Fulham's history would indicate that any tour in the Prem is punching slightly above its normal weight.

This is at least the second time I've seen this point used in a defence of Khan on this forum. Just out of interest, could you explain

(a) how you calculate our "weight" (eg, do you look at our entire 137 yr history or just post-war... How do you then compare us to clubs like MK Dons which haven't been around as long?) and

(b) why do you consider fans' expectations for the present/future should be based on our distant past (and it must be our relatively distant past you're talking about because we've spent the majority of the last 20 yrs in the premiership)

Statto,

You are correct in questioning the the terms used, though there are answers to your subsequent questions I feel.
In regards to our 'weight' that is not difficult when you look at the various teams in the leagues. Lets take Everton for example as compared to Arsenal. The former are lightweights as compared to the latter, based on the results over the past 20 years, and beforehand. Though both reside comfortably in the top division, Arsenal winning the Prem would be somewhat expected in comparison to Everton, where the bookies would have another Leicester financial disaster to deal with.

As for Fulham, we were very much in the lightweight class during our recent dally with the big boys, expectations for us finishing in the top 6 were, at best, hopeful; in the top half, hoped for; in the bottom half, expected;, and in the relegation zone, rightfully feared too often.

Your second question hits the nail on the head for me. Due to our more recent success in this millennium, those expectations have increased, for all of us, young and old, and as such we do expect more from the present incumbent than we did from the ones in the last century perhaps, and that's a good thing. Unfortunately for all of us, as time has moved on, the beautiful game has become more about money than anything else (not saying that is unexpected) and therefore only the richer guys can afford to play these days, but being rich and successful elsewhere in life does not provide any base for being a successful club owner, as our current owner is proving, and so we are where we are.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Artful Dodger

Our strategy of having mass clear outs of players over the last 2 years has clearly failed as we have looked disjointed and disorganised for large parts, especially defensively. Yes, there is a frustration that only the chap from Togo has come in but in some respects, it may work in our favour if the group of players can become closer and work better together. I have to admit I am not confident about this season and I am sure we will see a few players coming in but with a full pre season, if SJ can work on a system that means we are not going to concede so many goals, it may not turn out as bad as I think.

All that said, if we don't see some reinforcements before the end of August, I will definitely feel let down by the current ownership which was the question on the OP. COYW.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae