News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we don't invest in this window is everyone done with Khan?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, June 29, 2016, 07:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I believe Khan is a nice man who doesn't wish harm on Fulham and I'm still patiently waiting to see what happens this window.

So far I like the fact we are doing our offloading pretty quickly to free up room. Even the likes of Dembele who it was a crime to allow to get to this point with his contract but I'm glad it's done and dusted. We can move on and focus on a replacement rather than the usual will he? Won't he?

I know Mo played his part in our premier league struggle but from what I've seen since Khan took over its hard to make a case in his defence, it's been mistake after mistake. I do believe it was just him being naive and trusting the wrong people but at some point something has gotta give. He needs to show us rather than tell us.

I still have faith in it coming good and we will sign players but if we get yet another window horribly wrong and face another season like the past two then I'm done with Khan. My support and loyalty doesn't come into question, my feelings towards the club won't change but it's different accepting that you are a struggling team punching above their weight and another to be a struggling team consistently failing to fulfil its potential.

I don't want to see us signing a striker for 11m but if we spent 20 million on 6 or 7 good players who can make a difference,  address the weaknesses in the team and add a few freebies then I'd be very happy with that effort. FFP will restrict us but sooner or later the gap becones so big between us and the premier league drop outs that we need to say fcuk ffp, let's go for it. What's the worst that can happen?  A fine and an embargo. Well if you recruit sensibly the embargo shouldn't hurt us too much.

If we fail this time around through incompetence and lack of investment I will accept Khan is not the man to take us forward.

Let's not go mad but let's go for it Khan! Better to go down fighting anyway.

COYW!!!!!  082.gif  049:gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Wearethewhites

I am not convinced that we are going to see the level of investment that most fans on here expect. I do believe we'll sign players, but they will be free agents, or jeourneymen from other Clubs, with the odd 2-3M player thrown in to keep fans happy. If I'm wrong, then I'll hold up my hands and accept it.

For me, I don't feel we're attractive anymore, and we don't have the right people working for the Club to make us attractive again. Our comms are constantly quiet, and I'm not a big fan of a DOF dictating what players the coach can/can't have.

If truth be told, we've known since Jokanovic arrived, as to what type of players would be required for this season, and you'd have thought that work behind the scenes were already underway - Clearly not. 

For a Club that's supposedly so ambitious about returning to the Premiership, we never seem to set the standards, and I'm just utterly convinced that Kahn is that deluded, that he honestly doesn't know what it takes to run a football Club.

Unfortunately for me, I believe this Club will continuously go backwards, and fans will constantly be disappointed under his leadership.

I've a very horrible feeling about this coming season.

Forever Fulham

I shall be very disappointed if he doesn't buy a number of good players for key positions.  He has to.  As to the assertion he's a bumbling feckless rich guy who trusts the wrong people, and they let him down again and again, well, I think that's a bridge too far.  At this point, there's only one way to know for sure--who we secure.  We'll never know with certainty what we paid for the people brought in.  Wait and see, I guess.  But this is, to me at least, a watershed year for the fans and for Mr. Khan.  We came too close to back to back relegations.  We lost some key people.  We lost some  promising youngsters.  If he is truly serious about getting back to the Premier league, now's the time to show it. 

bill taylors apprentice

Anything other than a proper team building campaign before the season starts will tell me all I need to know.

I'm not looking for big money signings but I am looking for a positive intent to get the right players in without haggling over a few quid.

I'm also hopeful the head coach may turn around some of the failures with his coaching and management skills but I won't hold my breath on that one.

So if we haven't brought in 5 or 6 players of the quality needed I will resign myself (again) to many hard seasons to come.   

RaySmith

Khan must know by now what it takes to get into the Prem - to spend big first of all, allied with a good manager and coaching staff, making sure the right players are brought in and formed into a cohesive team.

I'm sure Khan  is already spending big money on the club, just keeping it going (and this may be far more than he  imagined it would be) and we have  bought a couple of very pricey players since he has been here- one total c-up, and one a very important, crucial, player, but money needs to be spent throughout the team, and wisely, if promotion is the aim. Though there is also FFP.

I don't doubt he only has good intentions - but how far is he prepared to go to achieve the Prem? Maybe, we might bring in the right players this close  season, and Joka will create a good, winning team. I think we do have decent players, and let's hope for a successful  forthcoming season.

One James stannard

I don't expect us to go up this season but what I would like to see is a team/squad that show a bit of fight and passion, an organised team not letting in stupid goals from set pieces.

I think we will predominantly sign players who few of us have herd of but I trust in jokanavics knowledge of players and given the time I believe he will come good. I would like the majority of our ins to happen soon after the wndow opens so the boys have time to settle before the season starts.

Whitesideup

"I don't want to see us signing a striker for 11m but if we spent 20 million on 6 or 7 good players who can make a difference,  address the weaknesses in the team and add a few freebies then I'd be very happy with that effort. "

Danny-Boi - 6 or 7 players for 20 million who can make a difference? Unreal 5 years ago. Pie in the sky in 2016. And certainly not overnight. You might "grow" a team at a lower level (incorporating young players maybe from your academy) ;you might make one or two good acquisitions that pay off (Moussa Dembele at £6 million!) but 6 or 7?  Nowadays I just don't think that is feasible in the Championship, even if the £20 million is a net investment rather than just a spend.

fcfulham55

I'm already done with him.

The current trend with our club and his ownership looks very bleak In the future.

2014 Premier league - 19th and relegated.

2015 Championship - 17th with a season of struggles, a  poor team further destroyed and replaced even more completely inadequate players. (Barr the odd 1 or 2)

2016 Championship - 20th failure to correct obvious frailties in the team once again. Namely midfield and defence.

So 2017.  Must be a year that bucks the trend, otherwise 2017/18 will see us playing League 1 football (or whatever league it's going to be called by then)
Sent from my Nokia 3310

westcliff white

We didn't sell Dembele Statto, he wouldn't sign a new deal and was therefore, under the Bosnian law, able to walk away, we only get 300-700k because he left England if he had stayed here it would have been a lot more, but I know your aware of that last thing I typed
Every day is a Fulham day

Domino1879

For me Khan has no excuse.
He has indicated to SJ that funds will be made available and with the pound at a 30 year low against the dollar Khan his cash will go further than ever.

Barrett487

Are we really rumoured to be bidding 11 mill for the likes of Gayle? Is McMac the cash-horse for this? If not, we'll fall foul of ffp.... This isn't a swipe directly at Khan, but how can he promise mega funds under ffp rules? Also, how can any sane footballer want to play for Fulham with our recent track record?

HatterDon

Khan has been very active and has even invested so much as to get us sanctions. Still the fiction that "he's a nice man who doesn't know what he's doing and that he's underspending to minimize his losses" pops up every month -- starting in August each year -- for the past three years.

"You know, there's a lot of people who don't have enough to eat / but they have knives and forks / and they gotta cut something" -- Little Bobby Zimmerman
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on June 30, 2016, 12:01:52 AM
Khan has been very active and has even invested so much as to get us sanctions. Still the fiction that "he's a nice man who doesn't know what he's doing and that he's underspending to minimize his losses" pops up every month -- starting in August each year -- for the past three years.

"You know, there's a lot of people who don't have enough to eat / but they have knives and forks / and they gotta cut something" -- Little Bobby Zimmerman

I dont deny what Khan has spent in the past. 12 million on Mitroglou, A whole squad tranition budget on Ross, But he could spend 500 billion for all I care. It's not what he spends what matters, it's finally appreciating how difficult the task ahead is and moving with not just a bit of dosh, but also a lot more urgency.

If we see the changes we are hopeful of I will continue to back him. But at some point that patience will run out and I think this is a big season for Khan and his relationship with the supporters. 

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

HatterDon

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 30, 2016, 12:23:33 AM

I dont deny what Khan has spent in the past. 12 million on Mitroglou, A whole squad tranition budget on Ross, But he could spend 500 billion for all I care. It's not what he spends what matters, it's finally appreciating how difficult the task ahead is and moving with not just a bit of dosh, but also a lot more urgency.

If we see the changes we are hopeful of I will continue to back him. But at some point that patience will run out and I think this is a big season for Khan and his relationship with the supporters.

"invest" cannot be divorced from "spend money."

Now, how you measure "urgency" is something I'd like to have explained to me. Does that mean signing early in the transfer period? Does that mean rushing the transfer fee to the bank in a Lamborghini?

If Fulham turn things around, the supporters will be okay with him. If they stall for even a second, many supporters will turn against him. Me? I don't want an owner who is obsessing over whether or not the supporters love him. I want an owner who wants to improve the league position of his team in order to make his investment worth more.

Do you really want him to be thinking primarily of how to get love from the terraces? Really?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bradstow

Khan should sell up as soon as possible. We will fade into insignificance with him.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on June 30, 2016, 12:43:39 AM

Now, how you measure "urgency" is something I'd like to have explained to me. Does that mean signing early in the transfer period? Does that mean rushing the transfer fee to the bank in a Lamborghini?

If Fulham turn things around, the supporters will be okay with him. If they stall for even a second, many supporters will turn against him. Me? I don't want an owner who is obsessing over whether or not the supporters love him. I want an owner who wants to improve the league position of his team in order to make his investment worth more.

Do you really want him to be thinking primarily of how to get love from the terraces? Really?

When have you ever seen a club whos supporters rebelled against the owner succeed? And who buys tickets if the relationship between Khan and the fans gets worse? An empty stadium is not in Khan's interests.

Urgency is finally realising we now only have 5 weeks until the season begins, we haven't signed any new players and it will take a good 3 weeks to get everyone to gel. We have lost a bit of deadwood but also one half of our strike force which kept us up let alone even contemplate promotion. As we currently stand we are no better than a bottom 3 side and our first month of the season is very tough.

Momentum in this league is everything. If Brighton hadn't had a good start last season they could easily have been bottom half all year. A good start gives everyone belief that we are good enough and the players will hopefully keep digging in. But only get 2 points from 15 and it will become another slog of a season, one which I don't think this current group are capable of winning.

Urgency is paying the extra 500,000 if it means we get the player in rather than mess about all summer with insulting bids like we did with Dunk only to end up with Stearman and Ream instead. We can't afford to bide our time and let clubs meet our terms,  sometimes we need to show we are ambitious.

I admire your defence of Khan but I can't help but feel it's only because he's American. I haven't insulted him and tried to create a Khan out campaign. I just find it hard to believe that if he gives us another season like the last 2 that many people will believe he knows what he's doing or trust him.

I hope he gets it right. Either way I only say this because I want Fulham to do well or at least improve.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Twig

"If they stall for even a second"? We have been stalled under Khan's ownership since virtually day 1.  I think Fulham's support (to their credit) have shown remarkable patience.  I agree with Danny Boi, not trying to start a Khan out thread but realistically thie coming season is Khan's acid test so the summer signings are critical.

RaySmith

I think Danny is right that fans will become increasingly frustrated if  they don't see a marked improvement on the pitch - after two season where we have flirted with what would be a disastrous  relegation.

Khan and the club have repeatedly stated that promotion to the Prem is their aim, and it seemed appointing SJ and sacking Kit was towards this end, but more needs to be done for fans to see evidence that the club  is really going for this.

Maybe with a  few  players brought in, SJ will get us playing as a coherent team, and being successful this season, but fans' concerns are understandable at the moment. This  is a crucial season for the club.

EN1 FFC

It's not looking good a present. Not many new faces yet which means the old 'Not match fit' will be trotted out as the excuse.
Not expecting too much this season, but I do hope we compete more this season and put pressure on the top teams, to show we at least have potential of being one of the top teams in seasons to come.
Have always been suspicious of Khan, he doesn't seem to be a lucky man when it comes to his sports businesses. Poor decisions on changing management, and who he puts in charge of running the club. Each season he trots out a load of BS to placate the supporters.

bill taylors apprentice

I'm of the opinion "be careful what you wish for" when it comes to club owners, but......

You can use whatever words you like, there may be a whole heap of good will and positive thinking going on in the club (don't laugh) but the evidence is staring us in the face, overall its been a shambles on and off the pitch since Khan took over.

The bottom line IMO is this, any remaining players need to be inspired to perform at a higher level and other improvements need to be brought in fast.

If it can be done by clever recruitment rather than getting the cheque book out every time, great but if 5 or 6 players who make a positive difference are not signed we will all know for sure the owners statements are just weasel words.