watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy Birthday USA

Started by cmg, July 04, 2016, 10:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Just realised watching baseball on BT Sport it's 4th of July.

240 years old today.

Rhys Lightning 63

As a British person, I choose to celebrate Independence Day, as the day we finally got rid of those pesky Americans.

For if we did not let them go; Honey Boo Boo, Donald Trump, George W Bush, The KKK, hyper levels of obesity, guns, Kanye West, The Kardashians would have all been British inventions.
Instead, we let them take the blame.

Yes, in return they gave us Brian McBride, Taylor Swift, Aerosmith, KFC and Brian McBride, but when you add it all up, they gave us more bad than good.

Thankyou Americans, we owe you one
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

YankeeJim

Brian McBride twice? he was worth it.
BTW, thanks for the language and the rule of law. Had you folks applied it to us 240 years ago we might have stayed in the fold. Course you'd now be looking at Hillary Clinton as your next president/prime minister. Now that is all reason in the world to rid yourself of we pesky Americans. She'd have the Crown Jewels squirreled off to Chappaqua in a heartbeat.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

love4ffc

As an American I don't celebrate Independence Day rather I celebrate being an American day.  Have to agree with Lightening that we have a Lot to be a shamed of as Americans but we also have a lot to be proud of. 

Every county has its downs and ups but that's what makes the world an interesting and fantastic place.   Take China as an example.  Great food that I love yet ruled by a crazy guy who should be in a straight jacket.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

HatterDon

Wow! This turned a corner very early, didn't it. :starsnstripes:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NJFulham

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on July 04, 2016, 11:00:55 PM
As a British person, I choose to celebrate Independence Day, as the day we finally got rid of those pesky Americans.

For if we did not let them go; Honey Boo Boo, Donald Trump, George W Bush, The KKK, hyper levels of obesity, guns, Kanye West, The Kardashians would have all been British inventions.
Instead, we let them take the blame.

Yes, in return they gave us Brian McBride, Taylor Swift, Aerosmith, KFC and Brian McBride, but when you add it all up, they gave us more bad than good.

Thankyou Americans, we owe you one

Don't sell yourselves short. You've done quite well, in this regard, without us.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

cmg

OK. This is how it works.
We're done with the EU and we p!ssed off Oz and NZ when we joined in the first place.
We can't survive on our own so we apply to join the USA.
We're far too big population wise for one state. So we get the states of Scotland (5.3m), Wales (3m), Northern Ireland (1.8m), Greater England (23m) and South East England (30m) - that way California can stay as the biggest state.
Thus we get 10 senators (you get 2 per state, however big) and, based on populations, 87 Congressional seats (and getting on towards a hundred Electoral College votes).
Given that the Republican Party is far too right-wing even for our Conservatives this looks like a clean sweep for the Democrats and us Brits are back calling the shots within a decade (sooner if we can get Canada to go along with us). No tax on tea this time.  081.gif

Logicalman

Quote from: cmg on July 05, 2016, 02:51:11 PM

OK. This is how it works.
We're done with the EU and we p!ssed off Oz and NZ when we joined in the first place.
We can't survive on our own so we apply to join the USA.
We're far too big population wise for one state. So we get the states of Scotland (5.3m), Wales (3m), Northern Ireland (1.8m), Greater England (23m) and South East England (30m) - that way California can stay as the biggest state.
Thus we get 10 senators (you get 2 per state, however big) and, based on populations, 87 Congressional seats (and getting on towards a hundred Electoral College votes).
Given that the Republican Party is far too right-wing even for our Conservatives this looks like a clean sweep for the Democrats and us Brits are back calling the shots within a decade (sooner if we can get Canada to go along with us). No tax on tea this time.  081.gif

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.