watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stephen Humphreys

Started by Fulham76, July 10, 2016, 10:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

I've never even heard of him but now scored 4 goals in our first 2 games.

Assume SJ rates him highly enough to put him in the pre season squad.

Has anyone seen him play/know anything about him? Is he going to be good enough?

Riversider

Surprised that any Fulham fan wouldn't have heard of him, he scored 20 goals last season combined for the U18's and U21's

Fulham76

Quote from: Riversider on July 10, 2016, 11:31:59 PM
Surprised that any Fulham fan wouldn't have heard of him, he scored 20 goals last season combined for the U18's and U21's

Well, surprise surprise, I'm a Fulham fan & never heard of him

David Allen Crankshaw

I've seen him just the once playing for the U18 at the Manchester City Academy Ground last game of the season. Big and strong lad. Unfortunately we lost 5-0.

hovewhite

A big unit but looks like he can finish and score goals.

MJG

Good player who improved so much last season.
More a number ten than nine. Has a good free kick on him and close control for a big man.
While I'm reluctant to push some of the youngsters on given how they have been treated by some fans he's the closest from last year's 21's to warrant a place at least on bench.
I'd rather he has a month or two on loan in L2 for example to see how he does. Then second half of season let's see if he is ready.
The other player to watch out for from 21's is the CB Aron Davies. He will be a proper player in a year or two, if not sooner.

westcliff white

Guessing to early for Sessegnon, I worry will will lose another rising star as can only be signed for 3 years and will want (as they all seem to these days) be fiorst team regualrs at 19
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

We must be sure to get Humphreys on the bench then on the field and scoring goals with a 4 year contract signed without delay to ensure he is not off to the likes of Spurs on a free.

Max Headroom

Quote from: westcliff white on July 11, 2016, 08:53:14 AM
Guessing to early for Sessegnon, I worry will will lose another rising star as can only be signed for 3 years and will want (as they all seem to these days) be fiorst team regualrs at 19

In the Cork match Sessegnon has the number 3 jersey....... given he is being touted by some as England's Gareth Bale, don't be surprised to see him on the periphery of the team. I haven't seen him play yet, so it is pure heresay

filham

Interesting thing from the video clip showing our goals against Cork is that we played Humphreys and then Smith up top. Both big strong target men.

Is this a sign that Jocanovic has undergone a tactical mood swing. Last season he had no time for Smith .

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: filham on July 11, 2016, 09:36:05 PM
Interesting thing from the video clip showing our goals against Cork is that we played Humphreys and then Smith up top. Both big strong target men.

Is this a sign that Jocanovic has undergone a tactical mood swing. Last season he had no time for Smith .

I think it is just the reality of the style of forwards that we have. We don't have a Vardy or a Payet, for example.

Last year we had Dembele. He was big and strong although one of his weaknesses was that he wasn't a target man. Is it really that different?

sunburywhite

He will be off to Celtic in the morning
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me