https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McDonald Signs

Started by Deeping_white, July 22, 2016, 06:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

McDonald Makes Fulham Move
Friday 22 July 2016 18:00

We are delighted to announce the signing of Kevin McDonald from Wolverhampton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee.

The 27-year-old midfielder joins Fulham on a three-year deal, with a Club option for a further 12 months.

After coming through the youth ranks at Dundee, the Scotsman moved across the border to Burnley on a permanent deal in 2008. He managed 51 league appearances during his time at the club, as well as enjoying loan spells with Scunthorpe United and Notts County.

In the summer of 2011, he joined Sheffield United and made 77 league appearances and scored five goals during his time with the Blades.

In 2013, he was sold to Wolves and helped his side to promotion from League One to the Championship in his first season at Molineux.

His second season with Wolves saw them finish in an impressive seventh place, level on points with Ipswich Town, but his side just missed out on the Play-Offs on goal difference.

McDonald had been one of Wolves' most consistent performers during his time there, and he departs the club having made 120 league appearances in three seasons.

Porthogs FC

Holy crap it actually happened.

ToodlesMcToot

Fantastic Fulham! Keep 'em coming!   049:gif
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Texas White

Texas White

Is it just me or are we starting to build a pretty good team

Deeping_white

On a side note, we bloody love a Friday afternoon signing don't we?

aaronmcguigan

Mc Donald signs? I was hoping this thread would be about a range of Golden M arches

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Texas White on July 22, 2016, 06:05:04 PM

Hard to tell as we thought that last summer after signing many clubs "player of the season"

More interesting from this one is that we were chasing him last summer so before Slav was here. Is he getting a say in the transfers I wonder?
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

ffc73

Good news and he should now be on a plane to the Algarve for training first thing tomorrow morning so Jok gets 1 of his missing 5 to work with

4 to go

Rhys Lightning 63

I refuse to get excited about these signings until I know McCormack is staying
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamben

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on July 22, 2016, 06:13:25 PM
no player is bigger than the team mate. Don't let fear of what we might lose, take away from the good things that we do sign
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Patrick

+1000000%.....Ross is ONLY high quality that we have....that is a fact...his goals/assists are the SOLE reason we are not in League 1 now...

His departure...even if ''replaced'' by 4 average signings would reveal the true intentions of the club...ie mediocrity...also even if we went for a £10m+ direct replacement i would not trust Rigg to get it right....and our track record....apart from Ross....in signing £10m+ strikers is abysmal...ref..Marlet , AJ , Ruiz , Mitroglou.....
QED.....

mrmicawbers

Another good addition to the squad. We're getting there.

@jolslover

Very happy with our business so far to be honest.
STH H3

filham

Quote from: Patrick on July 22, 2016, 06:24:22 PM

+1000000%.....Ross is ONLY high quality that we have....that is a fact...his goals/assists are the SOLE reason we are not in League 1 now...

His departure...even if ''replaced'' by 4 average signings would reveal the true intentions of the club...ie mediocrity...also even if we went for a £10m+ direct replacement i would not trust Rigg to get it right....and our track record....apart from Ross....in signing £10m+ strikers is abysmal...ref..Marlet , AJ , Ruiz , Mitroglou.....
QED.....

You are so right Patrick, if Ross leaves the money is likely to be wasted and we will certainly not replace him with a player of equal quality. Our priority should always be to keep the good players we have.

However, it is best that the Ross situation is sorted as soon as possible, if he is intent on leaving better he leaves as soon as possible than on the last day of the window.

ffc73

Ross is the new marmite seems to hijack every thread at the moment

Welcome Kevin to Fulham Football Club. Glad you came here instead of going to Ross County

brightster

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 22, 2016, 06:06:42 PM
Quote from: Texas White on July 22, 2016, 06:05:04 PM

Hard to tell as we thought that last summer after signing many clubs "player of the season"

More interesting from this one is that we were chasing him last summer so before Slav was here. Is he getting a say in the transfers I wonder?

Just thinking the same about that, but am sure Slav would say if he wasn't needed now.
But welcome the the Fulham family Kevin!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 22, 2016, 06:05:56 PM
On a side note, we bloody love a Friday afternoon signing don't we?

Gives the club a full 48 hours peace b4 Monday when folks start looking for a player or club staff to fart in the wrong way, signifying that something dire must be going on at the club, proving that no one there is truly committed to anything but making supporters miserable.

Just a guess.

^^^^^^^^^

Edit: How foolish of me! It only took about 20 minutes take this positive step and signing and twist it back around to "the club aren't committed to much besides making us miserable".
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ChesterTheTabby

Brilliant, another quality signing. This is really starting to look like a truly competitive team.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"