News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham have known for some time that they were willing to sell McCormack ...

Started by howitis, July 31, 2016, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

and that they were losing Dembele so why we didn't we purchase some replacement strikers earlier in the window.
We will now be help to ransom on forwards having received the McCormack funds and SJ will have no time to integrate the new players pre season.
Getting off to a good start is something we have not done in some time and it is just the springboard that the club needs to inspire confidence and positivity to the squad, fans and staff.

Wearethewhites

You say that, but Jokanovic stated many times that he wanted to build his team around Ross. Regardless of what people say, this whole thing about Ross not fitting into Slavs system is a load of old bull, and a big smoke screen in my eyes. Bottom line is, the Club has told Jokanovic that he must sell Ross to release funds to buy other players, and I don't think this become apparent until quite recently.

These promises of 'doing whatever it takes' by the owner, has once again been a load of old claptrap just to force season ticket sales.

And you're right, an adequate Ross replacement will not be with us by the time we play Newcastle, but we've known about the whole rebuild since Jokanovic joined.

FulhamStu

How many times do we have to go round this.  People making statements as though they are facts.  One fact we do know is that we don't know the real facts.

You can have an opinion, but that is all it is, and you could be totally wrong.

If McCormack stays, great, if he goes, we move on and make the best of it by using the money to good effect.  I remember selling the horse and buying Saha, that worked out ok.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 31, 2016, 03:06:22 PM
How many times do we have to go round this.  People making statements as though they are facts.  One fact we do know is that we don't know the real facts.

If McCormack stays, great, if he goes, we move in and make the best of it by using the money to good effect.  I remember selling the horse and buying Saha, that worked out ok.

Well said.

And has nobody noticed that we have bought Ayite and Aluko? Is it too much to expect 10 goals each from these which will cover the goals we would have hoped for from Dembele plus they give us width and pace?

Wearethewhites

If McCormack stays, great, if he goes, we move on and make the best of it by using the money to good effect.  I remember selling the horse and buying Saha, that worked out ok.

I don't quite get where you're coming from with this? The OP, incuding myself, have never claimed to state 'facts' we've just given our opinion(s). If you want to argue that Jokanovic never claimed he wanted to build a team around Ross, then so be it, because he clearly did. If you want to argue that Khan never said 'he'll do what it takes' then fine, because again, he clearly did.

Like anything on this forum, you give an 'opinion' and you're instantly jumped on from a great height by those who want you to either a) prove the 'facts', or b) bring you down because your trying to claim 'facts' - you can't win.

Now, let's see if the usual mob will jump on this and pick the bones out of it, because they will.

westcliff white

No one knows what the facts are, that's clear. none of us work in the club, if we did and posted ion this forum saying this that or the other the club would sack you.

We don't know if we have to sell ross or if SJ has been told he has to, we don't know what SK wishes to spend or what he classes as backing the manager financially, we do not know that we have been selling Ross for a while as it is pure speculation unless of course the club have made a statement to that fact. We don't know if we have to sell to buy.

If someone wishes to come on here and say I work for the club, prove that they do, and then say these are the facts then great. other than that it is all speculation.

Yes it looks like Ross is off but there are no facts to say we have to sell or that SJ has been told he has to sell to buy.

Every day is a Fulham day

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 31, 2016, 04:34:19 PM

I don't quite get where you're coming from with this? The OP, incuding myself, have never claimed to state 'facts' we've just given our opinion(s). If you want to argue that Jokanovic never claimed he wanted to build a team around Ross, then so be it, because he clearly did. If you want to argue that Khan never said 'he'll do what it takes' then fine, because again, he clearly did.

Like anything on this forum, you give an 'opinion' and you're instantly jumped on from a great height by those who want you to either a) prove the 'facts', or b) bring you down because your trying to claim 'facts' - you can't win.

Now, let's see if the usual mob will jump on this and pick the bones out of it, because they will.

"Bottom line is, the Club has told Jokanovic that he must sell Ross to release funds to buy other players, and I don't think this become apparent until quite recently"

comes across as stating a fact rather than merely offering an opinion.

hovewhite

Whatever the outcome I will wish Ross well as he has been really brilliant for us and if he stays all the better.

Jim

The trouble is I don't think even the Fulham Board know the facts or they just can't act on them. Lol

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 31, 2016, 05:07:37 PM

"Bottom line is, the Club has told Jokanovic that he must sell Ross to release funds to buy other players, and I don't think this become apparent until quite recently"

Annnnd right on Q..

valdeingruo

Every player (bar a select few and even then) has a price that they will be moved on for. It makes sense, especially for a club of our standing to sell with the quoted money. However, he is still with us and generally, we tend to sell early. As others stated, both Aluko and Ayeite are listed as forward and give us something we have not had, throw in Smith and Woodrow and purely from a NUMBERS standpoint we have 4 forwards for 1-2 spots.

The money supposedly offered is really tempting for a player Ross' age. You can argue the pros and cons of taking it. His goals, money for promotion being more etc and you can see his age and possibly not fitting the system.

Its all moot right now, a hypothetical.

How can anyone suggest that we dont have replacements for Ross? Im sure there is a folder, well more like a computer document, in Motspur Park with 2-10 players we want to sign for that position. Getting them in is another thing. We cant risk ffp ruin even though others have, as we have already had an embargo.I am liking the direction Slavisa is taking the club and want to believe that before the window closes we will have an adequate squad to build on. If I remember the quotes he wanted 5 or so in before the season started with another 4-5 coming before the close. We have met the first target, we should be able to meet the second.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 31, 2016, 05:16:24 PM

Annnnd right on Q..

Well you do leave yourself wide open for it don't you.

You studiously point to the two facts you used to try to make your claim of innocence but disingenuously skip over that wild piece of speculation.

howitis

Fact - club keen to offload Ross for the right money.
Fact - if there had been a desire from Fulham to keep Ross he would have stayed and seen out his contract.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 31, 2016, 05:29:32 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 31, 2016, 05:16:24 PM

Annnnd right on Q..

Well you do leave yourself wide open for it don't you.

You studiously point to the two facts you used to try to make your claim of innocence but disingenuously skip over that wild piece of speculation.

Not really, no. Like I've stated before, please point out where I, or even the OP has stated 'facts' because we haven't. As per usual, you're just an argumentative individual, be it with me, or anyone else on this forum, if you don't like their opinion. Grow up.

westcliff white

Quote from: howitis on July 31, 2016, 05:43:05 PM
Fact - club keen to offload Ross for the right money.
Fact - if there had been a desire from Fulham to keep Ross he would have stayed and seen out his contract.

not being funny where are your facts from?

could it be that ross wants to leave rather than FFC keen to off load ross? or perhaps the fact we have given him 3 new contracts since he signed that we hsow2ed a desire to keep him but we said enough is enough? I don't know as I have no facts to back that up.

Club has said nothing publically, Ross has said nothing publically, so if you work for the club let us know what the facts are

everything else is speculation, an opinion.

I do think he will leave but again have no facts to back that up just my opinion.
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

do you think Norwich fans are saying the same, We know we need another forward so why didnt we buy McCormack at the begining of the window.

The simple answer is these thinks take time and clubs don't normally like selling their best players, for all we know we have a replacement lined up but dont want to sign it all off in case McCormack doesn't go which cold have a knock on effect on FFP and Ross playing time also devaluing him.

H4usuallysitting

On a positive note.....when Ronaldo got carried off in the Euro final, Portugal turned into a unit and won the trophy......sometimes your best player isn't part of the team, this could be a blessing in disguise

Artful Dodger

It looks like Ross is going and given these things take time to negotiate the club will have known for a while (opinion not fact) and although Aluko and Ayite have been signed, neither are out and out forwards. Whether we have someone lined up or not, assuming he does go, we need to spend a fair chunk of that money on a proven goal scorer if we want to do anything this season (opinion).
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

TrexFFC

I highly doubt Portugal enjoyed seeing Ronaldo sent off.  We know what we have in Ross.  He's done it for two straight seasons now.  I honestly feel like he is being disrespected on the forums.  We think we can just get 12 million and instantly replace his production.  I'm not saying we won't work well together as a team but if we're acting like it will be a great thing that he leaves then that is a joke.  I will surely miss his contributions if he leaves.