News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please, this season can we support our manager.

Started by Chutney, August 03, 2016, 10:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

Should we struggle again, we need to support Jokanovic. He has been let down by rigg/khan and not been able to sign the necessary players to improve us.

Our current squad will do well to stay in the division, and that needs to be recognised.

Year after year we blame our manager when things don't go right, but it simply cannot be his fault should the same happen in the coming season. I do not want to see us calling for the managers head when he has had his best player sold (after publicly claiming he wanted to build his team around ross) and his squad filled with bargain bucket players.

Jokanovic needs our support, if anyone can keep us in the division I think its him.
C O Y W

hovewhite

Quote from: Chutney on August 03, 2016, 10:45:39 AM
Should we struggle again, we need to support Jokanovic. He has been let down by rigg/khan and not been able to sign the necessary players to improve us.

Our current squad will do well to stay in the division, and that needs to be recognised.

Year after year we blame our manager when things don't go right, but it simply cannot be his fault should the same happen in the coming season. I do not want to see us calling for the managers head when he has had his best player sold (after publicly claiming he wanted to build his team around ross) and his squad filled with bargain bucket players.

Jokanovic needs our support, if anyone can keep us in the division I think its him.
I'm with you 100%just hope joka doesn't walk so we have to show our unity with joka and the players with our total support!

H4usuallysitting

I've doubted Joka from day 1, but if he can organise a team and give us some grounding then results will come and we could manage a mid table season..... Top 10 would be a very good season.....but if the players look like they don't know each other, then I'll have to say Joka.....nooo

Chutney

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 03, 2016, 10:54:55 AM
I've doubted Joka from day 1, but if he can organise a team and give us some grounding then results will come and we could manage a mid table season..... Top 10 would be a very good season.....but if the players look like they don't know each other, then I'll have to say Joka.....nooo

We don't have a squad anywhere near good enough for top 10, this is the exact reason I made the original post, we can't expect Joka to achieve miracles.
C O Y W

Patrick

Totally DISAGREE....I will withhold judgement until November 1st....when if our 'on-field' performances and table position is poor....I will be calling for Joka to be removed immeadiately.   
This guy has so far presided over an absymal League run-in....has allowed the ONLY high quality player we have to depart...and lied to the fans re. 'Building the team around McCormack'.   A few wins in pre-season is meaningless...this guy has brought in his own very highly paid 'Management Team'...not to mention his own huge remuneration package.
Like any highly paid executive..performance is paramount....we expect performance...or else goodbye and good riddance....we have had enough charlatans at the club already..

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Chutney on August 03, 2016, 10:58:21 AM

We don't have a squad anywhere near good enough for top 10, this is the exact reason I made the original post, we can't expect Joka to achieve miracles.

Are you saying we won't be mid table?

Chutney

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 03, 2016, 11:06:04 AM
Quote from: Chutney on August 03, 2016, 10:58:21 AM

Are you saying we won't be mid table?

Mid Table would be a very good season considering the strength of our current squad.
C O Y W

west kowloon white

Sure ,ideally a squad should be in place by now but which team is?
Hopefully there's £3m-£4m profit from the Ross sale to spend and four weeks of the window left so will be supporting the head coach and his embryo team on Friday.

Two Ton Ted

Well exactly. The way things have turned out I can't help but think Symons was hamstrung by the same problems.

It's easy to boo the players and jeer the manager, but the real villains are sitting in the Director's Box. Or in a Florida condo.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Skatzoffc

I have faith in Joka.

I like his high pressure game style and the signings we have so far look good and fit with that style imo.
We just need a few more signings.

Let's face it if we fail like the previous seasons, he has no-where to hide and will be binned.
Which is fair enough tbh.

I have to admit tho, this season, I am the most excited for a long time.

COYW!
049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Lighthouse

Managers will get the support they deserve. I really haven't seen anything last season to suggest he is any good. But he has a new season and a chance to build a team. He will need time and we must have patience. But I am not going to agree that none of the problems that may occur are his fault. He got away with it last season by fans blaming Symons for the poor team. Well we can't have it both ways. We can't start making excuses for him before a ball is kicked and blaming the club alone.

Ideally though we do need to keep a manager for more than half a season and  it would be good to see him still in the job this time next year. It will mean he is making progress, the club have stopped trying to make short term decisions and we are progressing. So long live Joka.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Enclosurite

I also think if anyone can get us OUT of this division (upwards of course) then it is him - providing he is backed by funds and is in full control of all decisions on the playing side.
¡COYW!

toshes mate

Jokanovic had already said he needs another five/six players before losing Ross (which is looking more and more likely unless the medical or personal terms go pear shaped).  The Club has until the deadline to back Jokanovic up with the signings he has requested as Khan and all have said they would do.  If the Club lets the coach and themselves down then the 'Khan Out' chants can begin in earnest because we will know exactly where the blame lies.   Fulham need to achieve an average of about two points a game to be on target for promotion and so everybody can measure where we are before we even get to the end of the transfer window.  If the coach is not adequately supported by all Fulham interests then what is the point of having him in the job? 

nose

joca is a top class manager as evidenced by previous results and track record.
What we saw last season was the tail end of a nightmare three years.
he has had pre season that was good and a board/owner that haven't really given him the amunition and not kept their word about doing whatever it takes..   However it doesn't take till novemember as one poster suggested to seeif we are going forwards, mid September will be enough and when Jol came it took precisely 30 minutes of the first game to see what an idiot he was!

the next 7ish days will tell if khan really does have any long term aspirations for Fulham, I suspect he does not.

but the manager has my support.

lovely pictures of mr khan at the cottage today I do hope we see him for 90 minutes on friday, win lose or draw.

fiveclack

Quote from: Patrick on August 03, 2016, 10:58:44 AM
Totally DISAGREE....I will withhold judgement until November 1st....when if our 'on-field' performances and table position is poor....I will be calling for Joka to be removed immeadiately.   
This guy has so far presided over an absymal League run-in....has allowed the ONLY high quality player we have to depart...and lied to the fans re. 'Building the team around McCormack'.   A few wins in pre-season is meaningless...this guy has brought in his own very highly paid 'Management Team'...not to mention his own huge remuneration package.
Like any highly paid executive..performance is paramount....we expect performance...or else goodbye and good riddance....we have had enough charlatans at the club already..

So nice of you to give him less than 3 months from today. Not exactly sure it was his decision to sell McCormack either.

If we can use some of this money wisely then we have a good crack at progress from the last couple of seasons, and as it stands with both strikers and 60% of last years goals no longer at Craven Cottage, that's as much as anyone should realistically be hoping for.

One James stannard

Your a cheerful soul arnt you

Whitesideup

Quote from: One James stannard on August 03, 2016, 09:38:48 PM

Your a cheerful soul arnt you
And not a totally accurate soul either. At one stage, had we lost at home to MK Dons we would have dipped into the bottom three. However we ended 11 points off the relegation zone. Now maybe over his time in charge you can express disappointment, I really don't think this can be described as "an abysmal league run-in". That would have been relegation, or missing it by a point or two. Leaping into hyperbole just undermines any serious point you are trying to make. 

filham

We must always support our manager but at the same time we should expect reasonable results from him.

To date Jocanovic has given us neither results or performances but with a new season and new players we should start the season with fresh minds and some hope.

If by November Joconavic's record is no better than Kit's was last season then we must question his ability. Remember Kit was sacked because we were not looking like a top six team.

Baszab

Kit's target was top 6 in 2015/16 or sack - I can only assume SK has the same

Steven Ageroad

If you look at most of the photos of SJ during pre season and traing at MP he's smiling and joking with the players, I didn't see him do that last season, perhaps now he's smiling because he has his own squad and not an inherited one.