watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

status of FulhamUSA.com

Started by HatterDon, August 18, 2010, 09:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

For those FofFers who have never visited the site, please forgive my intrusion.

For most of the last month, FulhamUSA.com has been slammed by Malware -- the result of some serious hacking. As a result, the mods shut the site down about a week ago. It appears obvious that the combination of the sophisticated hacking and the ancient technology used on the site is such that it is not going to be revived under its present format or, probably, its site name. Our founder and resident Godfather, American Mike, is working hard to create a new site for FulhAmericans. In the interim, he has created a new group on Cottage Corner to keep us up to speed, and also to recruit new Americans to the team. Here's that url.

http://cc.fulhamfc.com/group/fulhamusa

We're especially concerned about the timing of this, because we're trying to retain our status as an international supporters club -- we were the first ever formed -- and we didn't have enough folks signed up before the malware attacks began. FulhAmericans: please check out the new group, and watch this space for news of the new, renewed, FulhamUSA.

And thanks so much to those non-Yank FofFers for allowing me to do this bit of housekeeping.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

White Noise

Thanks for this HD. Very sad if the site has to start from scratch again. I am sure it can come back stronger though like our own dear FoF.

Out of interest, you said the other day that this is one of two officially recognised Fulham international supporters club - which is the other one - Sweden?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: White Noise on August 18, 2010, 09:08:51 PM
Thanks for this HD. Very sad if the site has to start from scratch again. I am sure it can come back stronger though like our own dear FoF.

Out of interest, you said the other day that this is one of two officially recognised Fulham international supporters club - which is the other one - Sweden?
Is the Russian one still up and running?

HatterDon

If I said that, I misspoke. There are three to my knowledge:

1. fulhamusa.com
2. Fulham Exiles
3. Fulham Sweden
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

White Noise

Quote from: HatterDon on August 18, 2010, 09:24:37 PM

If I said that, I misspoke. There are three to my knowledge:

1. fulhamusa.com
2. Fulham Exiles
3. Fulham Sweden

Thanks for That. It is probably my bad memory.

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on August 18, 2010, 09:02:56 PM

For most of the last month, FulhamUSA.com has been slammed by Malware -- the result of some serious hacking. As a result, the mods shut the site down about a week ago. It appears obvious that the combination of the sophisticated hacking and the ancient technology used on the site is such that it is not going to be revived under its present format or, probably, its site name. Our founder and resident Godfather, American Mike, is working hard to create a new site for FulhAmericans. In the interim, he has created a new group on Cottage Corner to keep us up to speed, and also to recruit new Americans to the team. Here's that url.

We're especially concerned about the timing of this, because we're trying to retain our status as an international supporters club -- we were the first ever formed -- and we didn't have enough folks signed up before the malware attacks began. FulhAmericans: please check out the new group, and watch this space for news of the new, renewed, FulhamUSA.

And thanks so much to those non-Yank FofFers for allowing me to do this bit of housekeeping.

That is too bad. Love to have the old FulhamUSA gang on this site as well. I know Ag, TimmyG, BarryP, SocalJoe and you come on here but others either don't or use different handles. Hopefully Mike get's it sorted out because FUSA was where I found Fulham.

chez

That really is a shame, used to pop over occasionally and have a read. A great site, good luck in reforming it

Steve_orino

As commented on the Exiles board, my computer has acted funny ever since I visited that site.

Hope they're able to come back with a new site.  I liked visiting & reading.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

BarryP

The address is not nearly as important as the friends.  New or old address I am sure it will be back in some incarnation.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

BC

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 18, 2010, 10:25:28 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 18, 2010, 09:02:56 PM

That is too bad. Love to have the old FulhamUSA gang on this site as well. I know Ag, TimmyG, BarryP, SocalJoe and you come on here but others either don't or use different handles. Hopefully Mike get's it sorted out because FUSA was where I found Fulham.

Me too man.  I used to post there fairly often but have fallen off a bit lately.  Sure hope to see us back in action soon.  It's a great site.

blingo

HD, why not link forces with FOF and call it FOF USA?

Nick the Swede

Sad news, the American site has always been nice to visit over the years. Hopefully you're back soon, better than ever!

I think we'll see, in addition to last years official clubs, Norway and Holland added to the list. Maybe even the supporter groups in Poland and Italy get their official status this season  :008:

-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

White Noise

What inclines you to that belief Nick?

Are you aware of moves afoot in those countries to get recognition?

The Equalizer

I can believe the Italian one. After that can of whoop-ass we opened on Juvé I wouldn't be surprised if we get commended by the Holy See!

It would be very sad to see the demise of FulhamUSA.com. I wasn't a regular reader or poster, but I appreciate the word of Fulham that it has helped to spread across the pond and I really hope that it can continue to do so.

I wouldn't worry about that Exiles lot though, they're all just a bunch of pissheads. And if anyone posts on there you can tell Sir Baz that from me!  :dft012:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Nick the Swede

Quote from: White Noise on August 19, 2010, 08:11:08 AM
What inclines you to that belief Nick?

Are you aware of moves afoot in those countries to get recognition?

Well, I have regular contact with the guys in Norway and they are more members than us Swedes so it's just a question of time before they have the official status if you ask me.

With regards to the Dutch I think the initiative of the guys from Holland on Cottage Corner indicates that the wheels are in motion somewhat and it will probably only be a question of time before the NEC lot becomes part of that movement.

The Poles on the other hand, noting to say that they will go official, but last time I had any contact with them they had more than 25 members, so why not?

Sidenote: We're actually trying to  organise a joint member trip to London (Swedes and Norwegians) in the spring. The club is very supportive and helpful so hopefully we can get a larger group than ever before and get to sit (stand) together!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Logicalman

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 19, 2010, 08:22:23 AM
I wouldn't worry about that Exiles lot though, they're all just a bunch of pissheads. And if anyone posts on there you can tell Sir Baz that from me!  :dft012:

Ouch!!!

SteveM19

I also post a lot at FUSA, not so much here as you can see, no reason other than that's just how it ended up working out. I got a few emails from Mike, and he said he is going to reconstruct the site this weekend, hopefully. He doesn't want to put it on another domain name.

The int'l members club won't go anywhere -- I am the FUSA.com secretary, we need 2 more members to get up to standard, we'll hit that easily. If you were a member from last year and have not renewed, please do and pm me here, a lot of you also found me on facebook, hit me up there.

FUSA, in one way or another, won 't go anywhere.

timmyg

Quote from: SteveM19 on August 19, 2010, 01:55:58 PMFUSA, in one way or another, won 't go anywhere.

Unfortunately even the images are blocked due to security certificate problems. In the meantime have a seat and a nice warm beer in our pub whilst you are waiting to return home.. :beer: LBNo11
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Fletchino

I know mike hope they get it up and running again !!

nevzter

Thank you for the update on FUSA and thanks to everyone who manages FOF.  I always enjoy visiting FOF, but, obviously, have never previously posted as I feel privileged to simply be a guest here.  Now, COYW.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."