more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My email to Jim

Started by JDH101, August 20, 2016, 08:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDH101

Hi Jim,

I?ll keep this short and sweet as I know you are a busy man. But you responded to me regarding the Felix Magath situation, which I truly appreciated. I wouldn't abuse this line of communication again unless it was for a very alarming situation.

For the first time in years, certainly since Mr Khan has taken over the club, we have a great manager in place. The team is heading in the right direction and the fans are finally excited in our team again.

But just recently, after our 2-2 draw at home to Cardiff, Slavisa Jovanovic revealed that not all is well behind the scenes. He said that had no say in what players are coming in to the club. This chap Kline has final say, and uses his statistical data rather than the judgement of a proven manager.

I actually thought we ran this Kline guy out of town a while ago. But apparently not.

To put this bluntly, the club has been run so badly since Khan took over that some of us fans actually think he?s trying to run the club to the ground. I don?t believe that to be true, but how insulting must that be for people to think you are so grossly incompetent at your job that people ACTUALLY think its all part of a evil master plan.

SJ is the best manager we have had in years. He is proven at this level. He has won us fans over. Kline I do not believe has any history in this game.

Please please please pass it on to Khan that we the fans do not want Kline anywhere near our club. He should stick to the dying statistical sport of baseball and leave the beautiful game to the pros.

We still have time to act in this transfer window and back our manager. We can push for promotion this season. Its not too late. Please tell Khan to relieve his university buddy of his duties with Fulham FC. I fear if he doesn?t, SJ will walk. And yet again, Fulham under Khan will have shot itself in the foot. And we don?t like guns in this country. Oh the irony.

Thanks Jim, appreciate you taking the time to read my passionate rant.

Best,
Jamie DeHavilland

westcliff white

For me you should refer To Shahid Khan as Mr Khan or Shahid Khan, rather than Khan as it shows more respect and may have a better chance of being passed on.
Every day is a Fulham day

JDH101

Quote from: westcliff white on August 20, 2016, 08:49:33 PM
For me you should refer To Shahid Khan as Mr Khan or Shahid Khan, rather than Khan as it shows more respect and may have a better chance of being passed on.

You have to earn my respect!

westcliff white

Quote from: JDH101 on August 20, 2016, 08:53:06 PM

You have to earn my respect!
[/quote
I get that, but just saying more chance of being passed on if it has it worded like that.

Holders

I agree, keep it respectful however you feel if you want it to be passed on.

Why not include the link to Joka's windy radio interview?

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bucksfulham

Here's mine

Dear Jim

I hope you don't mind me emailing you but as a Fulham supporter since 1954 I feel I must express my concern over Craig Kline's influence over the Club's transfer policy and the fact that Slavisa Jakonovic has spoken publicly that players have been lost in this and previous transfer windows because of this.
I am fearful that we might lose the best coach we have had in some years and respectfully ask that you you pass on this concern to Mr Khan.
We have got off to a great start to the season and would be the greatest shame if this is to be jeopardised by a statistician who most likely has no feel for our beloved game.
Yours sincerely

alexmur

Quote from: JDH101 on August 20, 2016, 08:45:59 PM
Hi Jim,

I?ll keep this short and sweet as I know you are a busy man. But you responded to me regarding the Felix Magath situation, which I truly appreciated. I wouldn't abuse this line of communication again unless it was for a very alarming situation.

For the first time in years, certainly since Mr Khan has taken over the club, we have a great manager in place. The team is heading in the right direction and the fans are finally excited in our team again.

But just recently, after our 2-2 draw at home to Cardiff, Slavisa Jovanovic revealed that not all is well behind the scenes. He said that had no say in what players are coming in to the club. This chap Kline has final say, and uses his statistical data rather than the judgement of a proven manager.

I actually thought we ran this Kline guy out of town a while ago. But apparently not.

To put this bluntly, the club has been run so badly since Khan took over that some of us fans actually think he?s trying to run the club to the ground. I don?t believe that to be true, but how insulting must that be for people to think you are so grossly incompetent at your job that people ACTUALLY think its all part of a evil master plan.

SJ is the best manager we have had in years. He is proven at this level. He has won us fans over. Kline I do not believe has any history in this game.

Please please please pass it on to Khan that we the fans do not want Kline anywhere near our club. He should stick to the dying statistical sport of baseball and leave the beautiful game to the pros.

We still have time to act in this transfer window and back our manager. We can push for promotion this season. Its not too late. Please tell Khan to relieve his university buddy of his duties with Fulham FC. I fear if he doesn?t, SJ will walk. And yet again, Fulham under Khan will have shot itself in the foot. And we don?t like guns in this country. Oh the irony.

Thanks Jim, appreciate you taking the time to read my passionate rant.

Best,
Jamie DeHavilland
well said, let us know when you get a reply.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Toby Ward-Smith

Woolly Mammoth

Well written and factual, and bloody true.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham76

It sounds like you believe that this guy or Khan or Kline or anyone else in the club with any influence actually give a crap.

This interview confirms, (for me anyway), that Khan has literally handed over the running of our club to these people. His interests lies elsewhere.

How you can ignore an established football person like SJ & our fans & instead put your trust in someone with no football knowledge is unreal & highlights how little Khan cares about the club.

Jakonovic will walk & he has a decent excuse to do so i.e. No support, no confidence & absolutely no ambition from the clubs owners.

Really disappointed but unfortunately not surprised at all based on how the club has been handled since this clown took over our club.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think when he said Khan he was referring to Tony Khan.
MR Shahid Khan would be too old to be Craig Kline's University buddy :0) and the son has not really adhered himself to the fans primarily because he has overseen this statistic nonsense and as such deserves no respect from anyone who choses not to respect him.
I agree with the criticism but have we been treated with respect.
So, James Wilson(?) is not good enough but Mattila was, and Mitroglou's injury was not statistically important

From now on I want to be known as MR ROGERPINVIRGINA
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

westcliff white

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 20, 2016, 10:35:46 PM

I think when he said Khan he was referring to Tony Khan.
MR Shahid Khan would be too old to be Craig Kline's University buddy :0) and the son has not really adhered himself to the fans primarily because he has overseen this statistic nonsense and as such deserves no respect from anyone who choses not to respect him.
I agree with the criticism but have we been treated with respect.
So, James Wilson(?) is not good enough but Mattila was, and Mitroglou's injury was not statistically important

From now on I want to be known as MR ROGERPINVIRGINA
Be it Tony or Shahid there is more chance if it is respectful in my opinion Mr Roger

ChesterTheTabby

My E-mail to Jim:
Mr. Woodcock,

Good day, Sir! I do hope that this e-mail finds you in high spirits and good health. I have heard that you are an honest, sincere, and dedicated steward of our beautiful football club, and for this reason I am taking the time to e-mail you about an issue that has been uncovered in regards to our transfer policy.

It has come the attention of the fans that Mr. Kline (I do apologize if I misspelled his name) has been using statistical analysis to veto and disrupt potential player signings that manager Slavisa Jokanovic would like to pursue in adding to the quality of our first team players. As an American myself, I understand that this type of analysis can provide cold hard evidence as to the worthiness of player attributes, i.e. the "Money Ball" technique in baseball as exemplified by the Oakland Athletics. Although it has proven useful in the sport of baseball and the United States, it cannot and should be applied to the sport of soccer/football. Correlation does not prove causation, and simply because it worked in one respect does not mean that it is guaranteed to work in another.

Mr. Jokanovic is the best manager that Fulham has had since Roy Hodgson, days past so sweet and fond to Fulham supporters that we often exalt that period of our beloved club as our Golden Years. Under Slavisa, we have the sincere chance to reinvent our football club into what it should be, and gain promotion back to the prestigious Premier League, thusly increasing the overall profitability for Mr. Khan, as well as proving the supporters that Fulham is more than just a business venture, but instead a commitment to excellence. If Mr. Kline is undermining the manager so much that he is disallowing or vetoing future transfers simply based on numbers, rather than listening to football experts who have spent their entire lives dedicated to the sport, then our club's hierarchy is horribly misguided.

Please pass on to Mr. Khan or one of his representatives that they are all in serious and legitimate danger of not only losing one the best managers around, but also alienating themselves from the supporters and ruining the very identity of what makes Fulham...well...Fulham. For the first time in five years I feel as if our club has reversed it's sinking nature and is headed in the right direction, being the very season that we get promoted back to the Premier League. That being said, this can only happen with utmost support of Mr. Jokanovic and his staff. They know what it will take and who it will take. Give them the reigns on transfers and if needed completely fire Mr. Kline from his position for failing Mr. Khan, the club, and the supporters.

In conclusion - Support the proven, credible, and beloved manager, Slavisa Jovanovic. If necessary, relieve Mr. Kline of his duties due to his failure and inadequacies of attempting to dictate transfers based on numbers, and ensure that the fans are given the respect and dignity that we deserve, mainly, a managerial hierarchy that takes into consideration the feelings and desires of the supporters. Slavisa knows who we need, and where/how to implement them. Do not tie his legs together and then demand him to win a race, it's an impossible task. He must be given all the equipment, training, and funding necessary to win the race how he sees fit.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Michael Anthony O'Connor
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Barrett487

Quote from: maoconnor on August 20, 2016, 10:46:30 PM
My E-mail to Jim:
Mr. Woodcock,

Good day, Sir! I do hope that this e-mail finds you in high spirits and good health. I have heard that you are an honest, sincere, and dedicated steward of our beautiful football club, and for this reason I am taking the time to e-mail you about an issue that has been uncovered in regards to our transfer policy.

It has come the attention of the fans that Mr. Kline (I do apologize if I misspelled his name) has been using statistical analysis to veto and disrupt potential player signings that manager Slavisa Jokanovic would like to pursue in adding to the quality of our first team players. As an American myself, I understand that this type of analysis can provide cold hard evidence as to the worthiness of player attributes, i.e. the "Money Ball" technique in baseball as exemplified by the Oakland Athletics. Although it has proven useful in the sport of baseball and the United States, it cannot and should be applied to the sport of soccer/football. Correlation does not prove causation, and simply because it worked in one respect does not mean that it is guaranteed to work in another.

Mr. Jokanovic is the best manager that Fulham has had since Roy Hodgson, days past so sweet and fond to Fulham supporters that we often exalt that period of our beloved club as our Golden Years. Under Slavisa, we have the sincere chance to reinvent our football club into what it should be, and gain promotion back to the prestigious Premier League, thusly increasing the overall profitability for Mr. Khan, as well as proving the supporters that Fulham is more than just a business venture, but instead a commitment to excellence. If Mr. Kline is undermining the manager so much that he is disallowing or vetoing future transfers simply based on numbers, rather than listening to football experts who have spent their entire lives dedicated to the sport, then our club's hierarchy is horribly misguided.

Please pass on to Mr. Khan or one of his representatives that they are all in serious and legitimate danger of not only losing one the best managers around, but also alienating themselves from the supporters and ruining the very identity of what makes Fulham...well...Fulham. For the first time in five years I feel as if our club has reversed it's sinking nature and is headed in the right direction, being the very season that we get promoted back to the Premier League. That being said, this can only happen with utmost support of Mr. Jokanovic and his staff. They know what it will take and who it will take. Give them the reigns on transfers and if needed completely fire Mr. Kline from his position for failing Mr. Khan, the club, and the supporters.

In conclusion - Support the proven, credible, and beloved manager, Slavisa Jovanovic. If necessary, relieve Mr. Kline of his duties due to his failure and inadequacies of attempting to dictate transfers based on numbers, and ensure that the fans are given the respect and dignity that we deserve, mainly, a managerial hierarchy that takes into consideration the feelings and desires of the supporters. Slavisa knows who we need, and where/how to implement them. Do not tie his legs together and then demand him to win a race, it's an impossible task. He must be given all the equipment, training, and funding necessary to win the race how he sees fit.

Thank you for your time,

Michael Anthony O'Connor

Well written but if you are sending it, please correct the highlighted sentence to read should not.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 20, 2016, 10:58:04 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on August 20, 2016, 10:46:30 PM
My E-mail to Jim:
Mr. Woodcock,

Thank you for your time,

Michael Anthony O'Connor

Well written but if you are sending it, please correct the highlighted sentence to read should not.

I caught the mistakes before sending - used this forum as a grammar check prior to sending.

Thanks though!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Fulham76

Quote from: Statto on August 20, 2016, 10:41:17 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on August 20, 2016, 10:20:56 PM
It sounds like you believe that this guy or Khan or Kline or anyone else in the club with any influence actually give a crap.

This interview confirms, (for me anyway), that Khan has literally handed over the running of our club to these people. His interests lies elsewhere.

How you can ignore an established football person like SJ & our fans & instead put your trust in someone with no football knowledge is unreal & highlights how little Khan cares about the club.

Jakonovic will walk & he has a decent excuse to do so i.e. No support, no confidence & absolutely no ambition from the clubs owners.

Really disappointed but unfortunately not surprised at all based on how the club has been handled since this clown took over our club.

As i said in another post this morning, Khan has at least shown himself to be (presumably via the coms team rather than directly) in touch with our complaints. his programme notes today, whilst not actually resolving any of our concerns, at least showed he knows what they are

he's also shown he's not unconditionally supportive of this kline guy by sending him home once already

and he's paying jokanovic a lot of money, so must surely value him to some extent

i honestly think the fans being very vocal on this could be enough to tip the balance and persuade khan to dismiss this pr@t kline once and for all

i've also emailed woodcock

I'm not paying ?3.50 to read a tiny piece of bland, non committal nonsense from Khan. If he wants to speak to the fans, put it on the website, pick up a microphone at half time & speak to the clubs fans, which I appreciate is VERY unlikely as he barely knows where we are!

Therefore, I have no idea what Khan has had to say about things. It's very unlikely he wrote it himself anyway, which reduces its value to virtually nothing.

I am interested in what the club has to say & what makes you think he is in touch with our concerns but I won't pay to hear the man speak.

gang

Manners maketh man. Everyone is entitled to be addressed using their title, be it Mr, Mrs or Sir.

TXWhite

I, too, emailed Jim. Was polite and courteous throughout, and spoke about Shahid Khan as if he were my father-in-law.

Also emailed Sarah and Rigg, encouraging either a statement to clarify the situation, or the standing up for Slavisa, since they both are people with integrity (or so I implied).

Guess we shall see what unfolds over the next few days...

aaronmcguigan

We have a communications team and a supporter relations team. If this club has any will to retain any kind of a loyal fanbase, there needs to be some kind of reaction to this to appease the fans. Not through email replies but either an actual statement or statement through action.

Either sack Kline, sack Joka, or make a couple of worldie signings. Any non action will be treated as if the club just doesn't care. You can HEAR, FEEL, SEE how much Joka cares about the club, the fans and its success, he needs backed. Simple.
You back him, please the fans and ultimately make him responsible.

Unfortunately you know there will be some drivel released on Monday, at the bottom of a Tom Cairney interview saying that discussions are ongoing , just to leave everyone in limbo and uncertainty