more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Hope Solo - Story Updated August 30th

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, August 25, 2016, 07:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on August 25, 2016, 07:51:28 AM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/hope-solo-suspended-for-six-months-1472098590?mod=e2tw

Basically suspended for using the 'they parked the bus' line.

Tad harsh to me, if Jose was suspended 6 months every time he used it, he'd have been out of work for about 10 years

Yep. If it had been an American man, nothing would have been done. Of course, the American men didn't qualify.

Hope Solo is the most visible "mean girl" in professional sports in this country. US Soccer needed to slap her down to make the rest of the women "act right."

Oh, she still scares the poo of of me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

I didn't see the match. Just out of interest why did she think Sweden was a bunch of cowards in that game. What did they do to cause that remark, and don't say just win as there would have been more than that to cause such an outburst. 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Logicalman

Quote from: Berserker on September 01, 2016, 07:46:27 AM
I didn't see the match. Just out of interest why did she think Sweden was a bunch of cowards in that game. What did they do to cause that remark, and don't say just win as there would have been more than that to cause such an outburst. 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Simple terms, they kinda parked the bus a bit!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

NogoodBoyo

Last season we tried to park the bus after scoring the first goal - and failed nearly every time.  It takes skill and outstanding coaching coupled with discipline.  Hodgson was brilliant at it.  Not many teams can "park the bus" and win.  You still have to score goals - or deal with the stress of penalties in knock-out competitions.
In conclusion, there's a huge amount of difference between being "cowards" and bus-parkers.
But all she had to do was to keep her mouth shut. 
Nogood "no sympathy here even if the penalty was harsh, see" Boyo