News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There's no point having a team that has...

Started by General, August 27, 2016, 04:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: hopper on August 27, 2016, 05:41:35 PM

Amazing to have quality like Jozabed and LVC to come on late in games.

This is an excellent point, and could also apply to the subs that didn't come on. The benefits of depth in the squad.

As to Ross; a really good payer for us in a weak team. His heart is where the money is and that is his choice.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 27, 2016, 06:32:55 PM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 27, 2016, 05:17:53 PM
They defended from the off and made it very difficult.
We persevered and got a deserved result. Well done to he boys and backroom.

Other teams we play will be more attacking and as a result more open to our goal getters. We still have a few days and I'm sure we have at least one full-blown striker in the offing.

So, imo, the result today was class in every respect.

Coyw!

Especially the timing.

But will they? If two points against us is seen as a good result then we have to face problems we haven't had in a while. We are clearly not close to blowing teams out the water.

hovewhite

We are a million miles further this season ,Ross n moussa went .There choice not the clubs,we all move on.
To promotion !

davew

Quote from: Statto on August 27, 2016, 05:20:48 PM
I think the club has had a touch. Letting both strikers go without replacing them was criminal. A combination of good luck, easy fixtures and the lads playing above themselves has given us 11 pts from 15m which surely we accept flatters us slightly. But let's not get down about it. I'm optimistic that we'll sign a striker and we've still sigurdsson and johansen to bring in as well. And I expect Ayite, Jozabed and Kebano to get better as they adjust to the championship. So I am thinking about promotion.
Not sure they have all been easy fixtures, they weren't on paper when the fixture list was published, I thought we would be on between 2 and 5 points at this stage. 11 points out of 15 may seem flattering, but we could and maybe should have had a 100% record if we had been awarded the penalties that we should have had.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: General on August 27, 2016, 04:59:06 PM

60+ possession or 2/3rds of it if you can convert the chances. Wish the club had kept one of or both of moussa and ross because we've now gone from scoring like gods and conceeding to frequently to having little firepower but a solid defensive unit and midfiled.. it's boardering on the ridiculous.  Surely our owners must know you need good enough players at all parts of the pitch.

Why have we bought in 3/4 AM this summer and not one genuine and bonafide striker.. kebano doesn't seem to be a striker.. why can't the balance be found? What is the board doing to be getting such an obvious thing wrong?

One could make a strong argument that the reason we have "a solid defensive unit" is because we have lost Moss and Roussa.
Nogood "defence begins from the front, see" Boyo

valdeingruo

1-0 away at Blackburn? Id take it any day of the week. Even if the goal was slightly fortunate, Cairney was there to put it away. For the past three years we have failed to finish games. We have had a great start, we know that good starts are paramount. Even if promotion isnt achieved (considering most of us see it as an unrealistic target this year) we are starting to see a team take shape, something we have been begging for since before we went down.

I think the biggest worry before the season started was " Where will the goals come from"  even this is the premise of your post. We are starting to see that they can come from anyone and do not have to rely on one or two players to do so. The goals are spread out and our current top scorers of which there are 3 (all on 2) only one of them could be considered "first choice" That is extremely encouraging.

We have had 12 players come in, we had similar last year and the year before that and look how we started. I am slowly sipping on the kool-aid (american for taking in the propaganda) but if they continue like this, I may have to start buying it in gallons.  Full credit to Slavisa Jokanovic for getting the team to play as one.

The window hasnt closed and some outlets are reporting a few more players, particularly forwards, to come in. These are the same that had picked Siggurdson etc to sign. Everything is encouraging, I am cautiously waiting until the end of September to set my target.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

whiteimp

Quote from: General on August 27, 2016, 04:59:06 PM

60+ possession or 2/3rds of it if you can convert the chances. Wish the club had kept one of or both of moussa and ross because we've now gone from scoring like gods and conceeding to frequently to having little firepower but a solid defensive unit and midfiled.. it's boardering on the ridiculous.  Surely our owners must know you need good enough players at all parts of the pitch.

Why have we bought in 3/4 AM this summer and not one genuine and bonafide striker.. kebano doesn't seem to be a striker.. why can't the balance be found? What is the board doing to be getting such an obvious thing wrong?

We are 2nd in the league, stop moaning...
RIVERSIDE