News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There's no point having a team that has...

Started by General, August 27, 2016, 04:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

60+ possession or 2/3rds of it if you can convert the chances. Wish the club had kept one of or both of moussa and ross because we've now gone from scoring like gods and conceeding to frequently to having little firepower but a solid defensive unit and midfiled.. it's boardering on the ridiculous.  Surely our owners must know you need good enough players at all parts of the pitch.

Why have we bought in 3/4 AM this summer and not one genuine and bonafide striker.. kebano doesn't seem to be a striker.. why can't the balance be found? What is the board doing to be getting such an obvious thing wrong?

Lighthouse

This is when stats don't show the whole story. If a team defends deep and asks the away team to try and get through them then we have possession and try and break them down. We should be proud that a team is even considering playing like that against us. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCFOREVER

Lets just wait and see come what wednesday.I still think theres a trick up the sleeve regards a striker or 2.Lets enjoy the win and more so the clean sheet.

Twig

Quote from: General on August 27, 2016, 04:59:06 PM

60+ possession or 2/3rds of it if you can convert the chances. Wish the club had kept one of or both of moussa and ross because we've now gone from scoring like gods and conceeding to frequently to having little firepower but a solid defensive unit and midfiled.. it's boardering on the ridiculous.  Surely our owners must know you need good enough players at all parts of the pitch.

Why have we bought in 3/4 AM this summer and not one genuine and bonafide striker.. kebano doesn't seem to be a striker.. why can't the balance be found? What is the board doing to be getting such an obvious thing wrong?

Got some sympathy with your frustration but let's wait until the end of the window.  After all, every signing so far looks very decent.

Chutney

No one going to state that woodrow came on, should of had a penalty, nearly scored one and created the space for cairney's goal by taking two defenders out of it with a clever run. The lad is capable.
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 27, 2016, 05:03:33 PM
This is when stats don't show the whole story. If a team defends deep and asks the away team to try and get through them then we have possession and try and break them down. We should be proud that a team is even considering playing like that against us. 

Spot on Correct.

Skatzoffc

They defended from the off and made it very difficult.
We persevered and got a deserved result. Well done to he boys and backroom.

Other teams we play will be more attacking and as a result more open to our goal getters. We still have a few days and I'm sure we have at least one full-blown striker in the offing.

So, imo, the result today was class in every respect.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

epsomraver

Quote from: General on August 27, 2016, 04:59:06 PM

it's getting rid of those two that has created the team we have now get over it and enjoy our new future COYW

fulhamben

Quote from: Chutney on August 27, 2016, 05:09:49 PM
No one going to state that woodrow came on, should of had a penalty, nearly scored one and created the space for cairney's goal by taking two defenders out of it with a clever run. The lad is capable.
I can't because I wasn't there, but it did sound like his inclusion changed us for the better.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

Quote from: Chutney on August 27, 2016, 05:09:49 PM

No one is suggesting he is not capable but neither is the answer (at least not yet).

Tooting legend

Stop moaning Grandad, that's all you ever do, try constructing a positive post you might actually like it

hopper

Quote from: Statto on August 27, 2016, 05:20:48 PM
I think the club has had a touch. Letting both strikers go without replacing them was criminal. A combination of good luck, easy fixtures and the lads playing above themselves has given us 11 pts from 15m which surely we accept flatters us slightly. But let's not get down about it. I'm optimistic that we'll sign a striker and we've still sigurdsson and johansen to bring in as well. And I expect Ayite, Jozabed and Kebano to get better as they adjust to the championship. So I am thinking about promotion.

Why so negative calling the club which has turned itself around fantastically and calling it criminal. No one here would want last years team.

Dembele was out of contract and wanted to move on, nothing that could be done.

Looks like we've done v well with McC money.

Congratulations to all involved, this year looks fantastic.

kevin

we have a multitude of scoring options from midfield and with Jozabed and a couple of the others still finding their feet I think we have done very well. McCormack and Dembele were good but did not really fit into the managers style of play. I would much rather have what I am seeing now to what we had last 2 seasons

hopper

Quote from: kevin on August 27, 2016, 05:37:26 PM
we have a multitude of scoring options from midfield and with Jozabed and a couple of the others still finding their feet I think we have done very well. McCormack and Dembele were good but did not really fit into the managers style of play. I would much rather have what I am seeing now to what we had last 2 seasons

Dembele would have done well in this side I think. McCormack perhaps less so as he is more maverick.

Amazing to have quality like Jozabed and LVC to come on late in games.

FFCFOREVER

Ross Mc made us one dimensional and he came to think he was bigger than the club.Great bit of business I think selling him for 12 mill possibly rising to 14 mill.In Slav we trust.Onwards and upwards ftom here in.COYW

hopper

Not to derail the topic too much but Ross makes awful club decisions.

YankeeJim

Quote from: hopper on August 27, 2016, 06:12:44 PM
Not to derail the topic too much but Ross makes awful club decisions.

Well, he did come to us when we were down and left when we were getting better. So, yea, he makes bad club decisions.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Horse

Quote from: hopper on August 27, 2016, 05:41:35 PM
Quote from: kevin on August 27, 2016, 05:37:26 PM

Dembele would have done well in this side I think. McCormack perhaps less so as he is more maverick.

Amazing to have quality like Jozabed and LVC to come on late in games.

I agree Dembele would have shone in this team, with some many creative options around him. Nothing we could do about it though.

Terrible decision on his part to go to Celtic, but then I guess not a lot of people could predict how the new Fulham would turn out.

hopper

Agreed. Would love to know how Ross feels atm, he must sury feel he made a big mistake. Visit midweek must have hammered that feeling home.