more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Stand...again

Started by MJG, August 30, 2016, 03:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: gang on August 30, 2016, 06:18:46 PM
Surely it only makes sense to build a new stand if we return to the Premier League, the attendances in the Championship do not warrant the capital outlay.

But when we get there (yeah that`s right, I said when. Unbeaten `n` that) we have no guarantee of how long we`ll stay up. If we wait until we`re there we could quite easily find ourselves playing in The Championship again by the time its finished. So why not do it now and have the infrastructure in place ready for when we need it? 

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: Statto on August 30, 2016, 06:34:43 PM
Quote from: snarks on August 30, 2016, 06:27:07 PM
Quote from: gang on August 30, 2016, 06:18:46 PM
Surely it only makes sense to build a new stand if we return to the Premier League, the attendances in the Championship do not warrant the capital outlay.

Stop posting sensible comments

That would be a sensible comment if the development could be completed in a few weeks rather than a few years. In fact were we to wait until we're back  in the premiership before we start building, there's a good chance we'll be relegated again and back in the championship before it's finished.

In any case Ali Mackintosh explicitly said last year we were going ahead with the project irrespective of the division we're in.

Yeah what Statto said!

H4usuallysitting

Maybe we need to take the initiative, and start the build ourselves.....I've got a hard hat, high viz, can make tea and when needed I can look busy....that's a start

millsy

Thanks for the update Mike. This, at least, means the project has not actually been killed off yet.

As for timings, I don't believe construction projects of this nature are switched on & off dependant on prevailing circumstances. The new stand is part of a long-term vision for the club and once commenced will have to be carried through, regardless of our immediate successes or otherwise on the pitch.

What is critical, however, is the decision to actually put the first spade in the ground in earnest and it would appear that they took the decision to delay until a more optimum moment i.e. When the premier league is a feasible prospect, with the attendant crowd numbers and myriad revenue enhancement opportunities.

As a fan, I wish they had just pressed ahead regardless but I have to admit that it was good business sense to put on hold until the future prospects became a little clearer. Hopefully, early next year we will be in a much stronger position and Mr.Khan will press the button so they the ground is ready for the boom years ahead!

Roberty

Quote from: MJG on August 30, 2016, 03:37:30 PM
Just been told by one of my FST committee colleagues the following

Fulham received Certificate of Lawfulness of Proposed Use for Riverside Stand development last week. Planning permission now can't expire.

If we didn't get this permission until last week - it was never going to be possible to start the river works this summer

As I understood it the enabling work had to be done during the closed season - which presumably means starting in May - that being the case there is plenty of time to consult Heatherwick and if any changes they recommend do not need a new planning permission, get approval before next May.

I live in hope
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy