more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Stand...again

Started by MJG, August 30, 2016, 03:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Just been told by one of my FST committee colleagues the following

Fulham received Certificate of Lawfulness of Proposed Use for Riverside Stand development last week. Planning permission now can't expire.

fulhamben

Which means nothing if he has no intention to build it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Keynsham

But surely it's nice to be kept up to speed with developments at the club?

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on August 30, 2016, 03:38:37 PM
Maybe or maybe not, but keeps options open.

dhowells21

Good news that. Thanks for the update.

bill taylors apprentice

Thanks, but surely its the clubs job to inform not yours or the FST ?

Why wouldn't the club put that out on their website ?

AnEssexFan

Thanks for the update Mike.  I'm guessing this means that some sort of work has taken place so as to gain the certificate?
@leightonrw07

HamsterWheel

Did you all miss the Ceremonial Lobbing of a brick into the Thames to start the foundations of the new stand ?

MJG

Quote from: AnEssexFan on August 30, 2016, 04:18:02 PM
Thanks for the update Mike.  I'm guessing this means that some sort of work has taken place so as to gain the certificate?
That or some brown envelopes :-)

alfie

I understand what you are saying here FB, but why bother going through all this stuff if there is no intention of building, just seems pointless
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

f321ffc

Never been to impressed with Mr  051 as owner of FFC,  I watched again last night the programme called million £ yachts which featured our beloved Custodian's super yacht.

That boat is bloody impressive but also very over the top with a lot of its internal features,  it struck me that Mr  051 knows what he wants and is happy to pay for it.

So I'm hoping and giving him the benefit of doubt that he does have some master plan for the redevelopment of the Riverside and that it will indeed be something we will all be proud of.

But as many have said before a bit more information on this from the club would be nice, come on Fulham don't keep us in the dark.  049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Holders

Don't fret, compared with real superyachts (and I used to work for a company that project-managed the design and build) it's relatively basic.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Statto on August 30, 2016, 05:19:23 PM
Quote from: alfie on August 30, 2016, 05:04:31 PM
I understand what you are saying here FB, but why bother going through all this stuff if there is no intention of building, just seems pointless

2 possible answers IMO

1. he's mildly interested in the project but not enough to commit (maybe waiting to see if we get promoted) so this keeps his options open

2. merely having planning permission adds some value to his asset, the club

Really? Maybe if it was for housing but honestly how much do you think it is worth to replace an existing stand in a second tier football club?

cmg

2 possible answers IMO

1. he's mildly interested in the project but not enough to commit (maybe waiting to see if we get promoted) so this keeps his options open

May well be.
But there is surely a...

3. he is totally committed and now has plenty of time to sort out the design he wants.

fulhamben

Quote from: cmg on August 30, 2016, 05:54:23 PM

2 possible answers IMO

May well be.
But there is surely a...

3. he is totally committed and now has plenty of time to sort out the design he wants.
was the previous 3 years not enough time then? and lets not forget, he made several design changes already, to the original project. just cant believe he woke up one day and decided that all of a sudden, he didnt like it, or his own changes to it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

f321ffc

Quote from: Holders on August 30, 2016, 05:47:38 PM
Don't fret, compared with real superyachts (and I used to work for a company that project-managed the design and build) it's relatively basic.
No fretting here just an observation, if he is willing to spend $200 million on a toy then hopefully he will open the cheque book when he gets the design that he wants for one of his buissness's.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

gang

Surely it only makes sense to build a new stand if we return to the Premier League, the attendances in the Championship do not warrant the capital outlay.

terryr

There would be untold gnashing of teeth if the club didn't pursue planning permission.
Now they have it......"well he won't use it" is the refrain.
Give it a rest for god's sake!

snarks

Quote from: gang on August 30, 2016, 06:18:46 PM
Surely it only makes sense to build a new stand if we return to the Premier League, the attendances in the Championship do not warrant the capital outlay.

Stop posting sensible comments

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: gang on August 30, 2016, 06:18:46 PM

Mr Khant has said the redevelopment will not just be for football - but for hospitality, functions and weddings....so, it probably does make sense to build it before/if we get into the Prem....also the build cost (around £20/24m) is peanuts to him