watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Eurosport - Champions League - Fulham ranked above United

Started by MrWhite, August 20, 2010, 02:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWhite

In case anyone's missed it (and apologies if this already got posted earlier today)...

Not too shabby... looks like Woy took a healthy step-down in moving the Anfield.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20082010/58/champions-league-fulham-ranked-above-united.html

Champions League - Fulham ranked above United
Eurosport - Fri, 20 Aug 11:30:00 2010

Fulham are better than Manchester United and Arsenal, according to the latest Club World Rankings.

Spanish champions Barcelona and Italian treble winners Internazionale share top spot in the latest list produced by the by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics, which takes into account matches played between August 1 2009 and July 30 2010 in domestic league, domestic cup and continental cup competitions.

Champions League finalists Bayern Munich are in third place, with Premier League champions Chelsea the highest-placed English side in joint fourth alongside Werder Bremen and Roma.

But the biggest surprise is the presence of the Cottagers in the top 10, a result which is mainly down to their surprise run to the final of the Europa League last season.

Fulham come in at number nine in the latest rankings, leaving them ahead of both 10th-placed United and Arsenal in 11th.

The next-highest English club are Liverpool, who are down in 26th place behind the likes of Ajax, Anderlecht and Benfica - with the Reds' Merseyside neighbours Everton the following Premier League club in 54th.

But it's not only Fulham who have sprung a surprise: Jose Mourinho's new club Real Madrid are down in a lowly 20th place despite their near-miss in La Liga last season, while Juventus and AC Milan are both outside the top 40. Manchester City are down in 142nd, 14 places behind Dundee United.

IFFHS Club World Rankings

1 --- Barcelona --- Spain

= --- Internazionale --- Italy

3 --- Bayern Munich --- Germany

4 --- Werder Bremen --- Germany

= --- AS Roma --- Italy

= --- Chelsea --- England

7 --- Atletico Madrid --- Spain

8 --- Lyon --- France

9 --- Fulham --- England

10 --- Manchester United --- England

11 --- Arsenal --- England

12 --- Estudiantes --- Argentina

13 --- Valencia --- Spain

14 --- Universidad de Chile --- Chile

15 --- Bordeaux --- France

16 --- Sevilla --- Spain

17 --- Lille --- France

18 --- Ajax --- Netherlands

19 --- Club Libertad --- Paraguay

20 --- Anderlecht --- Belgium

= --- Real Madrid --- Spain

Selected others

26 --- Liverpool --- England

38 --- FC Twente --- Netherlands

41 --- Juventus --- Italy

52 --- AC Milan --- Italy

54 --- Everton --- England

66 --- Celtic --- Scotland

75 --- Aston Villa --- England

91 --- Tottenham Hotspur --- England

116 --- Rangers --- Scotland

128 --- Dundee United --- Scotland

142 --- Manchester City --- England

Eurosport

LBNo11

...we have a profile worldwide that was unthinkable 10 - 12 years ago and that can do no harm at all. Even so it seems very strange to see little Fulham up there in the highest rankings!

Penso che questo sia stato postato prima, ma è sempre bello vedere ancora una volta, benvenuti a FOF Signore Bianco...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

Is there really anyone who reads this site that believes that Fulham is a better club than United, Liverpool, or AC Milan? Really?

These numbers are as risible as the FIFA national team rankings.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Andy Crysell

I  didn't need some Mickey Mouse chart to tell me what I already knew.

Only kidding, good post Mr White (and no, I hadn't seen it before).