https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sport - what is your

Started by H4usuallysitting, September 04, 2016, 03:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supermitch

Quote from: filham on September 05, 2016, 05:24:18 PM
Quote from: Supermitch on September 04, 2016, 05:58:37 PM
Besides watching cricket in the summer (Middlesex in the County Championship), I play Table Tennis in a couple of local leagues.  Also help with the running of my club and the coaching of the junior players.

Paul Drinkwell the English number 1 and Olympic player was at my club practicing this morning, good to watch.

Which club?  Paul practices at my club as he lives close by.

Rudolph

Tennis for me, twice a week now and been doing so for over ten years.  If anyone fancies a game in Bounds Green, give me a shout.

Mince n Tatties

I used to be The Napkin Folding Champion of
West Suffolk.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 06, 2016, 12:51:11 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 06, 2016, 12:47:54 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on September 06, 2016, 12:39:03 PM
Quote from: jarv on September 06, 2016, 12:28:53 PM
I forgot to mention, I ski every week in Vermont. 2 days a week during the season. 2 hour drive from where I live. Ben mentioned snowboarding....eeek. Dont want my feet tied together. At my age, I will stay on skis.

Yep! I've always been tempted to try boarding, but I just love skiing too much to do it. That could be largely down to living in Wandsworth and having to plan a long time in advance to manage even a week's skiing.
Must admit boarding is probably a younger man's game. Purely for the way you have to get up and down off the floor when you stop and start. Really starts to make you ache after a day or two. Probably ready to go back to skis if I'm honest. Plus button lifts are tricky and somewhat embarrassing if you get it wrong. Which I did alot.

What you insinuating? I'm only 40!  :dft011:
I'm 36. It used to hurt back when I was 20
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

copthornemike

Still playing reasonably competitive volleyball despite being nearer 60 than 50 - with a spot of angling whenever I can.
I was lucky enought to play a walking football torunament on the hallowed Cottage turf a couple of months ag0 - wouldn't mind taking that up, a good way to continue playing footie. Surprisingly tough on the legs though!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Played football, rugby, cricket and ran 440 yards !!! (at school)
Got to admit now I prefer watching Rugby than football (except us of course
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 07, 2016, 01:44:48 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 07, 2016, 01:44:48 PM

Ran 440 yds from the police more like, till they
caught you..lol

Twig

Never had much sporting talent but I really enjoy a round of golf and still get down the ski slopes.

Camber cottager

Yes ray Smith i have firmly got the running bug. My dad has run all his life or was on a bike clocking up 20  odd miles when he got home  rm work. think I got it from him but a bit late Haha.  Kickboxing  is good but hard and iam not really that flexible too.thing is i still like my beer too