News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

how did Chris Martin get past the stats man?

Started by jarv, September 05, 2016, 02:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Give the bloke a chance - he hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet!

Maybe the new Fulham under Slavisa, with their confidence and fast, attacking team play, with speedy wingers and creativity, will play to Martin's strengths.

Might be just to thing he needs to get his  goal scoring back on track.

jarv

Woolly, I am under no illusions...Scotland takes Fulhamish to another level.  Gibraltar scored their only international goal against....guess who?  I think the guy who scored was a school teacher. fp.gif

fulhamben

Quote from: jarv on September 05, 2016, 03:51:37 PM
Woolly, I am under no illusions...Scotland takes Fulhamish to another level.  Gibraltar scored their only international goal against....guess who?  I think the guy who scored was a school teacher. fp.gif
and the Gibraltar team beat celtic too :005:
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 05, 2016, 01:46:42 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 05, 2016, 10:04:50 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on September 05, 2016, 07:50:07 AM
Perhaps, just perhaps, we have a sensible system where stats and old-fashioned scouting are both considered in determining who to buy.

Giving a key role in that system to some lad the owner's son met at law school is pretty much fatal to any suggestion the system is "sensible"

Why?

Pretty much what I figured.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

filham

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 05, 2016, 09:11:20 AM
Mr Kline has confirmed that statistically Chris Martin is a singer

That was Mary Martin but perhaps gender is not a factor in his programmes.

cmg

Quote from: Holders on September 05, 2016, 01:07:25 PM
"Stats don't count for anything" - Stuart Gray on the offal.

Jamie Vardy failed to score in 23 consecutive league games in which he played the season before last.

The Rock

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 05, 2016, 09:44:22 AM
We actually already play very much to Chris Martins strengths. He is good at playing other players in with his back to goal. Something Woodrow isn't good at. Smith is a danger in the area and has become better outside it. Martin has the annoying habit of knowing where the danger area is and going to it causing problems. He is going through a period of lack of goals and feeling out of form which is why Derby were willing to loan/sell him.

Martin may end up a very popular and important part of the team.

He'll be great. Stats boy knew we could have had him 1 Jul. Stats boy would have had David Healy an hour later if we couldn't sign him. Think on.

AlexW132

Quote from: Snibbo on September 05, 2016, 07:50:07 AM
How about this: Our transfer business before "Stat-gate" was abysmal. This season, under whatever the new system is, it looks like we've done some great business (time will tell of course). Perhaps, just perhaps, we have a sensible system where stats and old-fashioned scouting are both considered in determining who to buy.

It seems that as soon as the word "stats" is used, some people start jumping up and down and stating the bleeding obvious, that stats are not the be-all and end-all. No they're not, but it looks like we're using them wisely.

I'm sure Slavisa had some sort of influence. At the very least he's a much more prestigious manager than Symons and Magath. (Whatever prestige Magath had before he came to Fulham was long gone by the time he left)