watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Button/back 4 dribbling in our penalty area

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, September 10, 2016, 05:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Lads - your not messi. If you have the ball and the opposition player is closing in - maybe a good idea to boot it upfield.

fulhamben

button did that on his debut too. if he boots that, they dont go on to get penalty. time for betts to go back in if you ask me.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bucksfulham

Quote from: fulhamben on September 10, 2016, 05:04:53 PM
button did that on his debut too. if he boots that, they dont go on to get penalty. time for betts to go back in if you ask me.
Mixed feelings on this one. He should never have been put under pressure in the first place and it was a great save for the first penalty.

fulhamben

Quote from: bucksfulham on September 10, 2016, 05:13:16 PM
Mixed feelings on this one. He should never have been put under pressure in the first place and it was a great save for the first penalty.
betts saves most of his penalties too. plus he had plenty of time to boot it. he put himself under pressure by pretending to be a footballer. just put your big toe on it.

Mince n Tatties

Yes a keeper should boot it up park.
The clown Man City signed to replace Hart messed up
Today more than once dribbling.

The Enclosurite

Betts over Button any day for me. Great save for the penalty, I'll give him that, but scares the hell out of me any time he has the ball at his feet.
¡COYW!

The Rock

What a comedy of errors! It's hard to single this series of passes out though, as the passing in the middle of the pitch was so dreadful it got Madl sent off; there was nothing he could do.

Can Button not kick with his left foot?

Wearethewhites

Baffles me why people prefer Betts over Button, he is so overrated. Can't command, kick, come for crosses, or distribute correctly. Ok at a bit of shot stopping but that's about it, has got himself a name for saving a couple of pens.

Button all day long for me, good positioning, distributes the ball well, comes for crosses, punches when the ball hangs over strikers heads, and commands his area well. Oh, also saves penalties.

Today, Button was just subject to the pisspoor passing that was going on, and never should have been put under that pressure.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on September 10, 2016, 05:52:29 PM
there were various intervening events and errors by other players between button touching the ball and the penalties today

as far as i can see he saved one penalty and another good save from the 30 yd strike, oh and saved the 1v1 at the end, seems like a good performance

we know bettinelli's limitations from previous seasons so unless he has come on a great deal in the summer i would gladly stick with button

Agree....Cant see what the fuss is about Betts.

fulhamben

Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 10, 2016, 06:02:47 PM
Baffles me why people prefer Betts over Button, he is so overrated. Can't command, kick, come for crosses, or distribute correctly. Ok at a bit of shot stopping but that's about it, has got himself a name for saving a couple of pens.

Button all day long for me, good positioning, distributes the ball well, comes for crosses, punches when the ball hangs over strikers heads, and commands his area well. Oh, also saves penalties.

Today, Button was just subject to the pisspoor passing that was going on, and never should have been put under that pressure.
god forbid that a  keeper has a ball played back to him. Note to team, never pass back to button

Wearethewhites

Quote from: fulhamben on September 10, 2016, 06:06:05 PM

god forbid that a  keeper has a ball played back to him. Note to team, never pass back to button

Stop talking absolute nonsense, there is a time and place to play a suitable ball back to a keeper, you're just making excuses for Betts shoddy footwork.

fulhamben

Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 10, 2016, 06:12:24 PM

Stop talking absolute nonsense, there is a time and place to play a suitable ball back to a keeper, you're just making excuses for Betts shoddy footwork.
Betts shoddy foot work? Looks like button is the one that should never have it at his feet to me.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: fulhamben on September 10, 2016, 06:14:44 PM

Betts shoddy foot work? Looks like button is the one that should never have it at his feet to me.

Look, Betts is never going to start over Button, so might as well just accept this now, rather than making silly excuses like above.

fulhamben

Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 10, 2016, 06:17:30 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 10, 2016, 06:14:44 PM

Look, Betts is never going to start over Button, so might as well just accept this now, rather than making silly excuses like above.
What excuses are you on about?

@jolslover

Button was good today and is better than Bettinelli.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on September 10, 2016, 06:37:08 PM

Button was good today and is better than Bettinelli.
each to their own, personally think Betts is better.

FFCSteve

Button is a good keeper and made a few excellent saves today, remember no goals scored in open play.
But he does tend to try and play football when being pressed. If he had done what he does best and kicked the ball out, he would have relieved pressure on himself and our defenders. SJ should guide him in this.
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Woodlawn

He played around too much in area but so did most of the defence .I wish at times he would hurry up when we are 1 down ,but players didn't give him much option. But still think he is our no1

Berserker

Button kept us in the game with a chance today. Birmingham should have had a lot more goals in the first half bu Button kept them out. Give him his due

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

irishfulham

made some fantastic saves held the ball well and done well in the air but oh my lord what a mistake he made yes defenders did aswel after but really really pissed me off he did it in the first half and ya it looked great turned the striker but why is this necessary? got cocky imo and tried it again and was made look a fool he would have got man of the match but instead shamed himself