News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should We Be Looking for An Unattached Striker?

Started by Horsfield_No9, September 22, 2016, 10:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horsfield_No9

I just don't see where the goals are coming from.

Cauley - Not good enough. May never make it at this level.
Smith - Great sub option but not a starter if we are to compete in top half and I say this as a fan of the guy.
Martin- Not the right player for Slavs favoured formation. Needs to be in a front 2 to flourish.

Any players out there worth trying for? I guess the unattached players are all a little old and we need someone with SOME pace. Striker situation could be our undoing. At least we aren't shipping goals I guess.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Statto on September 22, 2016, 10:15:36 AM
It's ironic that only 3 weeks ago some (including me) were disappointed we were linked with adebayor and gyan... would give my right arm for either of them now

They are mercenaries. Not what's needed.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: The Moose on September 22, 2016, 10:20:08 AM
Quote from: Statto on September 22, 2016, 10:15:36 AM
It's ironic that only 3 weeks ago some (including me) were disappointed we were linked with adebayor and gyan... would give my right arm for either of them now

They are mercenaries. Not what's needed.

Mercenaries maybe and like Statto I was also complaining that these aren't the right players to chase but in hindsight there's no way we wouldn't want Gyan to be in our team right now. We really needed to go all out for Kodija in my mind. That kid Bristol City have on loan from Chelsea has scored 7 now from his 9 shots on target and looked exactly what we need.

H4usuallysitting

Anyone know how Bendter is getting on.... I think he's now with Forest

Horsfield_No9

twang

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on September 22, 2016, 10:02:53 AM
I just don't see where the goals are coming from.

Cauley - Not good enough. May never make it at this level.
Smith - Great sub option but not a starter if we are to compete in top half and I say this as a fan of the guy.
Martin- Not the right player for Slavs favoured formation. Needs to be in a front 2 to flourish.

Any players out there worth trying for? I guess the unattached players are all a little old and we need someone with SOME pace. Striker situation could be our undoing. At least we aren't shipping goals I guess.

Hasn't Martin played in a 4-3-3 basically his whole time at Derby?

Southcoastffc

Take your pick: (one or two very famliar names there)
Aaron Spear
Amauri
Andre Martins
Andy Gray
Artem Milevskiy
Aruna Dindane
Ben Hutchinson
Calvin Zola
Carel Tiofack
Ched Evans
Cherno Samba
Chinedu Ogbuke
Collins John
Craig Fagan
Daniel Aquino Pintos
Dean Morgan
Deane Smalley
Emmanuel Adebayor
Federico Macheda
Fernando Cavenaghi
Freddy Eastwood
Georgios Samaras
Goran Slavkovski
Hogan Ephraim
Jennison Myrie-Williams
Jo Kuffour
John Utaka
Lauri Dalla Valle
Lenny Fernandes Coelho
Liam Dickinson
Luke Rodgers
Luton Shelton
Mamadou Niang
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Marouane Chamakh
Matt Lecointe
Mohammed Tchite
Nathan Eccleston
Nicolas Mazzola
Nikola Zigic
Patrick Agyemang
Patrick Ogunsoto
Paul Taylor
Peter Odemwingie
Quincy Owusu-Abeyie
Robert Flik
Robert Mirosavic
Rowan Vine
Samed Yesil
Stefan Maierhofer
Stephen Elliott
Valmir Berisha
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Keynsham

Isn't the rapist plying his trade at Chesterfield at the moment?

Horsfield_No9

Some quit good players among that list. I'd say Marouane Chamakh and Peter Odemwingie might be options but would they help?

Horsfield_No9

Also, did Berbatov find a club? Not saying we should of gone for him for a minute but intrigued to know where he ended up.

Southcoastffc

Keynsham - I assume you mean Ched Evans.  He is indeed with Chesterfield but, purely factually, and without expressing any opinion on the matter, his conviction has been quashed and his retrial is due to begin on 4 October 2016.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Hoppus

Keynsham

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 22, 2016, 12:25:22 PM
Keynsham - I assume you mean Ched Evans.  He is indeed with Chesterfield but, purely factually, and without expressing any opinion on the matter, his conviction has been quashed and his retrial is due to begin on 4 October 2016.

Apologies you are correct. I expressed an opinion and probably shouldn't have done so.

Mince n Tatties

I was told and said on another thread that
Marouane Chamakh was training with us, but that could
mean anything..

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 22, 2016, 01:21:38 PM
I was told and said on another thread that
Marouane Chamakh was training with us, but that could
mean anything..

I would be happy with that to be honest, Not the best striker but better than what we have.
Federico Macheda anyone? Much quicker than what we've got, Hasnt got consistent minutes in the past few years but scored some good goals in the few games he did play at Cardiff (Video to follow)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESOgDKXdKGc
STH H3

rusty shackleford

How many chances have been provided for the strikers in the last 4 or 5 games? Thats the real problem.

Sure, Martin missed a sitter and Woodrow missed a peno, but if they were supplied with more than one chance a game they would score eventually

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on September 22, 2016, 12:10:12 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 22, 2016, 12:01:48 PM
Anyone know how Bendter is getting on.... I think he's now with Forest

Hasn't scored yet.

He's saving them for his next Denmark call-up.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Chutney

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 22, 2016, 02:53:07 PM
How many chances have been provided for the strikers in the last 4 or 5 games? Thats the real problem.

Sure, Martin missed a sitter and Woodrow missed a peno, but if they were supplied with more than one chance a game they would score eventually

Woodrow also assisted our goal last night, I think this is why so many are calling for two up top, a woodrow-martin combo could kick start Martin in to some kind of form
C O Y W

hovewhite

A striker maybe 2 playing up top might help even if home games early I feel weve missed aluko who has looked good in my opinion
felt last night we should have been the more adventurous team last night and certainly from the start of the second half to maintain the pressure as the 2nd half wore on we just weren't positive enough full stop and SJ is responsible for that as he sets the pace with his tactics.

Mince n Tatties

West Brom are not signing Chamakh after a trial.
Maybe he is training with us now then.