watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bob Bradley given a chance at Swansea

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 03, 2016, 12:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Swansea will no doubt be a hard challenge for Bradley.   Hopefully he will have the funds and support he'll need to make things happen. 

I would agree that Bradley is not an exciting coach.  He is not flamboyant and outlandish.  Rather he is a put your nose to the grindstone hard worker. 

I feel for him as there will be tons of pressure on him to perform well.  Not only from the Swansea owners and fans but from his fellow Americans.  Especially American coaches who have dreams of coaching abroad.  Because of that American will want him to do well to prove that Americans can coach not only in England but in Europe.   

Again, wish him success and hope he does well. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

HatterDon

Quote from: love4ffc on October 04, 2016, 10:35:44 PM
Glad I'm not a Swans fan.  Poor Bob has stepped into the deep end me thinks without a boat to float.  The hatred spewed towards him on Swans forums is incredible.  Actually the hatred not only spewed at him but at Americans in general is surprising.

It's surprising to me as well. Whenevery I visited Wales, me, my family, and my friends were always given the benefit of the doubt for two reasons:

1. We were American
2. We weren't English
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Slaphead in Qatar

I don't think it's a welsh hatred of Americans. It's more a dislike of their owner who happens to be an American.

HatterDon

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 05, 2016, 09:07:10 AM
I don't think it's a welsh hatred of Americans. It's more a dislike of their owner who happens to be an American.

Exactly this.

Holders

Quote from: HatterDon on October 05, 2016, 01:38:48 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 05, 2016, 09:07:10 AM

Exactly this.

Extrapolated to Americans in general -the "horns effect".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Keynsham

This is a good piece on good old British xenophobia.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/bob-bradley-and-british-footballs-distasteful-distrust-american-managers

If British managers aren't good enough to get jobs here, why don't they go and try abroad like their foreign peers do?

HatterDon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 05, 2016, 02:45:15 PM
Glad I'm not a Swans fan.  Poor Bob has stepped into the deep end me thinks without a boat to float.  The hatred spewed towards him on Swans forums is incredible.  Actually the hatred not only spewed at him but at Americans in general is surprising. 

He appears to be a half decent coach, but that's all. I wouldn't want him at Fulham. He may end up doing a decent job where he has gone.  But he appears arrogant and he is also deluded. I also suspect that the combination of the two, him and this club, and could be recipe for failure.
Which means a strong chance they could also end up in the bottom three, along with maybe Sunderland and one other, and on that basis Bradley would possibly get the tin tack.

Spoken like a man who has no clue who Bradley is and what he has accomplished in his career.

love4ffc

He appears to be a half decent coach, but that's all. I wouldn't want him at Fulham. He may end up doing a decent job where he has gone.  But he appears arrogant and he is also deluded. I also suspect that the combination of the two, him and this club, and could be recipe for failure.
Which means a strong chance they could also end up in the bottom three, along with maybe Sunderland and one other, and on that basis Bradley would possibly get the tin tack.

Woolly your right, Bradly is a descent manager and I would agree that under the right circumstances he would prosper in the English leagues.  I would also agree that with Swansea having new owners and being in a bit of disarray at the moment they are probably not the right club for Bradley to be joining.  However one needs to give him credit for taking the chance presented to him and for not backing down from the challenge. 

Will be extremely interesting to see how he does. 

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: The Moose on October 04, 2016, 11:14:28 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 04, 2016, 09:56:28 PM
Quote from: The Moose on October 04, 2016, 06:12:31 PM
Sounds a bit arrogant: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3819694/amp/Bob-Bradley-believes-good-Pep-Guardiola-Jurgen-Klopp.html?client=ms-android-samsung

What he said and what the mail excerpted for headlines are two totally different things. The very LAST word used to describe Bob Bradley is arrogant.

Not really. To say he's around the level of Pochettino, Duchel and Klopp, managers thave done incredible things with their clubs is arrogant and not backed up by his record.
He did a sound job with America but nothing on that level.

You think Pochettino, Duchel, and Klopp didn't believe they were as good as those several rungs up the coaching ladder when they were in Bradley's position? I'd bet my house on it. They didn't get where they are by deferring to their "betters". Maybe he is arrogant in his self-belief but, a Premier League manager better possess extraordinary self-confidence....if not, he's failed before beginning.

I think Bob's walked into a "Roy at Liverpool" or "Moyes at ManU" like situation. It'll be fine as long as he wins from the get go but, the supporters will never get off his back if it's anything less.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

love4ffc

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 06, 2016, 02:18:32 PM
I think Bob's walked into a "Roy at Liverpool" or "Moyes at ManU" like situation. It'll be fine as long as he wins from the get go but, the supporters will never get off his back if it's anything less.

0001.jpeg Exactly

HatterDon

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 06, 2016, 09:15:22 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 06, 2016, 02:59:59 AM

Spoken like a man who has no clue who Bradley is and what he has accomplished in his career.

But I do know who he is and what he has achieved.
For a start his surname is Pitt, his mates call him Brad, and he won the Egg & Spoon Race two years running at High School. He also shared joint Cheer Leader of the Year with Ruby Wax.
Plus he also claims to have invented the high fives, eats Bubble Gum three times a day after meals, and has the largest collection of Walt Disney Cartoons this side of the Equator, and on top of that, he wears a Ten Gallon Hat on a Two Pint Head,  and appears to be one of the few people from the USA who isn't obese.

I continue to be amazed at the effectiveness of your wit -- so prevalent in everything you post. 

YankeeJim

For a start his surname is Pitt, his mates call him Brad, and he won the Egg & Spoon Race two years running at High School. He also shared joint Cheer Leader of the Year with Ruby Wax.
Plus he also claims to have invented the high fives, eats Bubble Gum three times a day after meals, and has the largest collection of Walt Disney Cartoons this side of the Equator, and on top of that, he wears a Ten Gallon Hat on a Two Pint Head,  and appears to be one of the few people from the USA who isn't obese.

We may be obese my friend, but than again we have food that is actually eatable.   :005:  :Get Coat gif:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 06, 2016, 11:33:53 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on October 06, 2016, 11:25:36 PM

We may be obese my friend, but than again we have food that is actually eatable.   :005:  :Get Coat gif:

I am happy with a boiled egg and an oxo cube, followed by pie and mash, with cockles and muscles, and washed down with a large pint of London Pride.
I also love a T Bone Steak, but only with English Mustard.

Don't know about mustard on a T-bone, but if its served with London Pride, it has to be good.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

love4ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 06, 2016, 11:33:53 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on October 06, 2016, 11:25:36 PM

I am happy with a boiled egg and an oxo cube, followed by pie and mash, with cockles and muscles, and washed down with a large pint of London Pride.
I also love a T Bone Steak, but only with English Mustard.

Woolly I'll have to marinate and grill you a T-bone properly.  You'll never need English mustard or anything else with it again.