News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Klinnsman Sacked(The Manager Roundabout)

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 22, 2016, 08:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: PaulUMD on November 24, 2016, 01:54:51 AM
I feel like both Klinsi and Gulati et al missed an opportunity to move on from each other after the last World Cup.  Both could declare victory in a sense, since at that time we got out of the GoD, lots of great friendly results, player development, etc.  But the arrogance of both in setting up a second cycle was their downfall.  This is the second time now that Gulati has had to fire a coach halfway through their second WC cycle, both coming after Arena's disastrous second cycle.  Maybe, just maybe, he should stop giving managers that second cycle!  I'm not sure why he still has his job other than utter stagnation at the top of US Soccer.

Perfectly put. The fault is not just with the manager/coach, but with the USMNT and MLS itself.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HatterDon

Quote from: Logicalman on November 25, 2016, 02:27:22 AM
Quote from: PaulUMD on November 24, 2016, 01:54:51 AM
I feel like both Klinsi and Gulati et al missed an opportunity to move on from each other after the last World Cup.  Both could declare victory in a sense, since at that time we got out of the GoD, lots of great friendly results, player development, etc.  But the arrogance of both in setting up a second cycle was their downfall.  This is the second time now that Gulati has had to fire a coach halfway through their second WC cycle, both coming after Arena's disastrous second cycle.  Maybe, just maybe, he should stop giving managers that second cycle!  I'm not sure why he still has his job other than utter stagnation at the top of US Soccer.

Perfectly put. The fault is not just with the manager/coach, but with the USMNT and MLS itself.

Not sure where MLS comes in, but this was a shared failure of leadership for certain.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

PaulUMD

Yeah MLS has been a boon to the national team, especially in identifying players and providing depth.  It's US Soccer and their lack of vision and long term thinking that's the culprit here.