News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Klinnsman Sacked(The Manager Roundabout)

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 22, 2016, 08:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Gone from USA job,apparently Pardew has one game or its out the door at Palace,Neil at Norwich the same.
Where next for them on the magic roundabout?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 22, 2016, 08:38:24 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 22, 2016, 08:24:27 AM
Gone from USA job.

Where next for him on the magic roundabout?

Two Bob Rovers are looking for a manager.

Hilda the Tea lady's over 60s Sunday ladies team
as well I believe.

bobbo

Gone from USA job,apparently Pardew has one game or its out the door at Palace,Neil at Norwich the same.
these chairmen/in charge people etc are so intolerant these days just a few bad results on the trot and they want the managers head. Flick back a wee while and think how well palace were doing last season and Norwich, and the yanks have looked almost as good as our national team for a while now. So kinsman - like him or dislike home - is fired on the back of a couple of results , albeit important results. I think it's disgraceful.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Slaphead in Qatar

fulhamben

Quote from: bobbo on November 22, 2016, 11:47:44 AM
these chairmen/in charge people etc are so intolerant these days just a few bad results on the trot and they want the managers head. Flick back a wee while and think how well palace were doing last season and Norwich, and the yanks have looked almost as good as our national team for a while now. So kinsman - like him or dislike home - is fired on the back of a couple of results , albeit important results. I think it's disgraceful.
palace have been shocking in 2016. Think they have the worst tally in the entire pyramid.so it hardly fickle where pardew is concerned
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WolverineFFC

I take it you did not watch the results for JK last week.

In the Mexico match, Michael Bradley and Jermaine Jones gave JK the "Danny Murphy" treatment during an injury timeout. Basically, "Hey coach, not sure you noticed this 3-4-1-2 thing you threw together in practice yesterday isn't working. How bout we try something else?" Switched to a 4-4-2 and for the next 60 minutes looked a different team. Too bad they had already squandered a goal 15 mns in and ended up losing on a set piece in the 88th minute. Classic JK.

Afterwards he basically blamed several players for the result, most notably his best defender. Classic JK.

Fast fwd to Tuesday and the USA gets their doors blown off by Costa Rica, 4-0. It could have been much, much worse. Worst of all, it was pretty obvious the players were completely demoralized. The worst US performance I can remember.

I understand your point about chairmen firing managers too soon. But the JK situation is completely different. If anything it is an example of keeping someone on too long. He has been there for 5 years. I think the players have started to tune him out, or just plain tired of the message. The only error Gulati made was not replacing him after the embarassing Gold Cup last year. .

Holders

Tom Daley might be able to use him as coach.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HatterDon

Klinsmann has been a disaster from the beginning; the fan base has been almost unanimous in calling for his head for a few years now. It was exactly "in charge people" who ensured he stayed as long as he did. Mr. Gulati doesn't like to be seen to be mistaken, so he lived on and on. Most of us would love to see Roy or SGE replace him since the Belgies beat us to Martinez, but at this point a non-functioning button would be an intellectual, inspirational and tactical improvement.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

Palace have not started well but I rate Pardew. They are only a couple of wins for the top half and 8 points behind Manure who have spent billions (slight exaggeration)

BestOfBrede

Wasn't Klinsmann the guru behind Hyndman not signing a contract with us, advising that he needs to be playing in the prem to play for the states?
Well if true, well done Klinsmann - great advice, the kid now doesn't get a game at all!

Burt

I don't know if it was an over-simplification or not but one of the pundits was basically saying JK wanted to get the US playing like Germany do, without quite getting he didn't have the same quality of players available to him...

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 22, 2016, 06:32:14 PM
Wasn't Klinsmann the guru behind Hyndman not signing a contract with us, advising that he needs to be playing in the prem to play for the states?
Well if true, well done Klinsmann - great advice, the kid now doesn't get a game at all!
Klinsman was the anti-Fulham flea in Hyndman's ear and, most memorably, Clint Dempsey's too.  His advice (or insistance) was wrong on both counts as regular game time with a club like Fulham is far better than splintering on the sub's bench (or worse) at a large one.
Nogood "no good at all, see" Boyo

Forever Fulham

Clint got plenty of game time at Tottenham after he left Fulham.  And was then lured by big money and long term contract to play for Seattle Sounders.  Well, big money by U.S. standards.  Clint went for the payday, and no one can blame him for that.  Wasn't Klinsmann's doing, any of it.  But Hyndman?  Yes, reports at that time all said it was Klinsmann's hand in it, all the way.  Probably true. 

Others spoke out against Klinsmann as U.S. head man from the beginning.  I held back.  Like so many, I wanted the appointment to work out.  But it's been a real disaster.  So glad he's finally gone.  So, so glad. 

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Burt on November 22, 2016, 09:25:03 PM
I don't know if it was an over-simplification or not but one of the pundits was basically saying JK wanted to get the US playing like Germany do, without quite getting he didn't have the same quality of players available to him...

Or Joachim Low if you believe Lahm...

NJFulham

The greatest achievement in the history of US Soccer was getting out of the Group of Death in 2014 without Donovan.

HatterDon

Actually, JK didn't want Hyndman to leave Fulham so much as he wanted him to play in the Bundesliga. He thought he was more physically suited to that league. That's probably the one thing he might have been correct about.

And, in response to NJFulham, that was quite an achievement. Having said that, there was no earthly reason for leaving Donovan off that squad except that JK wanted it that way.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BestOfBrede

I have no idea what went on but will say this...
It is not right for any international manager to poke his nose into club level affairs!
Seriously there is no evidence that says that by going to Bournemouth he is a better international than by staying at Fulham!

International managers have the pick of many players - if they don't want to choose a player because he plays for a certain team then so be it.
BUT, do not cross the line by advising a player to leave a club or else you will not be picked - it's disgraceful IMO.

PaulUMD

I feel like both Klinsi and Gulati et al missed an opportunity to move on from each other after the last World Cup.  Both could declare victory in a sense, since at that time we got out of the GoD, lots of great friendly results, player development, etc.  But the arrogance of both in setting up a second cycle was their downfall.  This is the second time now that Gulati has had to fire a coach halfway through their second WC cycle, both coming after Arena's disastrous second cycle.  Maybe, just maybe, he should stop giving managers that second cycle!  I'm not sure why he still has his job other than utter stagnation at the top of US Soccer.