watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alter History

Started by valdeingruo, December 01, 2016, 05:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

You have been given the chance to go back in time and either 1) Stop the transfer of one player 2) Replace one player and name a suitable replacement (like we went for Mitroglu instead of Griezmann) 3) Name a Manager in place of the one appointed 4) Stop a Manager from leaving.  What would you choose?

I would stop the transfer of Dembele Mk1. He was the glue in our midfield and we really haven't looked the same since, I think, had we had him things might have turned out different for us. His intelligence and calmness on the pitch was the best we have seen in recent memory.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Horsfield_No9

1)Louis Saha to Man U
2)Ross McCormack replace with Jordan Rhodes
3)Steve Bruce (Meulensteen)
4)Roy Hodgson
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

BestOfBrede

3) away in a manger is the only 1 I know. S'pose that's Jesus?

Peabody

I would go right back to the early fifties and persuade the board to not swap Len Quested for Jeff Taylor, because I think that was when Fulham became a selling club and other teams realised this. Just a short time before this, so rumour has it, Fulham could have signed Wilf Mannion but decided that this England inside forward was over valued and opted out. This again gave out the wrong messages.

Lighthouse

I would ignore all of the possibilities given BUT stop Ernie Clay selling the club to David Bulstrode.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wolf

1. Before my time, but perhaps not selling Allan Clarke. In my time Steve Finnan / Mousa Dembele
2. Steve Marlet for £11.5M....not the worst player we've ever signed but perhaps edging out Jon Harley, Lee Cook, Jimmy Bullard and Mitroglou as worst VFM. Would we have been able to get Solskjaer for that price? Maybe. Certainly could have had Kevin Phillips.
3. The worst ever decision was appointed Mad Felix. I don't recall the alternatives, but Meulensteen was perhaps making a go of it. So I'm going for appointing sometime club man Kit Symons when we could have gone for my choices of Alex Neil or Gary Rowett.
4. Chris Coleman, though this may be influenced by us getting Sanchez
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

H4usuallysitting

1) Roberts
2) Dembele for Dembele
3) Pardew for Magoo
4) Hughes

AlexW132

1) Dembélé Mk2
2) Would probably have to be Griezmann for Mitroglou though still not sure we'd have stayed up
3) Ironic choice but Jokanović instead of Symons when Felix got sacked.
4) Hughes

ron

Already mentioned, but keeping Allan Clarke. A disaster that brought the hapless Frank Large plus a measly £110k in. Leicester City capitalised by selling him after a while to Leeds for £165k in hard cash.

He was the lynch pin of an emerging excellent side, which fell apart as Vic Buckingham sold off the assets one by one. It still makes me mad to think of it.

Holders

If we'd not turned down Stamford Bridge when offered there'd never have been a Them, we'd not be sited in a housing estate with our backs to the river with poor transport links and think of the catchment area for support.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

And I'd like to go back to Hastings, 25th October 1066 with a sniper's rifle and take out the bastard.

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2016, 12:24:58 PM
Quote from: Holders on December 02, 2016, 11:55:37 AM
And I'd like to go back to Hastings, 25th October 1066 with a sniper's rifle and take out the bastard.

It was the 14th October actually, the battle lasted 9 hours, from Dawn until Dusk.
But I can understand the memory fading after that length of time. It was over 950 years ago after all said and done.

Beg your pardon, it was Stamford Bridge on 25th September. We won that one.

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2016, 12:45:36 PM
Quote from: Holders on December 02, 2016, 12:38:16 PM

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2016, 12:45:36 PM
Quote from: Holders on December 02, 2016, 12:38:16 PM

It was the 14th October actually, the battle lasted 9 hours, from Dawn until Dusk.
But I can understand the memory fading after that length of time. It was over 950 years ago after all said and done.

That is afirmative, beat the Vikings led by Eric Bloodaxe, and Harold marched his whole army from Newcastle down to Hastings immediately after. No M1, or Trains or buses in those days, or yellow lines or traffic wardens, or Belisha Beacons.
, from Dawn until Dusk.

That is afirmative, beat the Vikings led by Eric Bloodaxe, and Harold marched his whole army from Newcastle down to Hastings immediately after. No M1, or Trains or buses in those days, or yellow lines or traffic wardens, or Belisha Beacons.

This is an interesting subject that I'd love to continue discussing but it's gone way off topic.

ron

The thing about favouring one side over the other in distant history is that it may turn out that our own ancestors are descended through the "other" lot.
..although we have all been homogenised (Ooer missus :033:) by the passage of time.

Holders

Quote from: ron on December 02, 2016, 01:26:10 PM
The thing about favouring one side over the other in distant history is that it may turn out that our own ancestors are descended through the "other" lot.
..although we have all been homogenised (Ooer missus :033:) by the passage of time.

Yes, one-seventh of me wouldn't be here. If it were off my belly I could live with that...

MJG

Should have bought Andy Thomas. All downhill from that point in the 80's

Holders

MJG is spot on, that was the turning point of our recent history.

SP

Quote from: Holders on December 02, 2016, 11:38:40 AM
If we'd not turned down Stamford Bridge when offered there'd never have been a Them, we'd not be sited in a housing estate with our backs to the river with poor transport links and think of the catchment area for support.

Great post A11.

I respectfully disagree Holders, I couldn't face sitting with their Neanderthal supporters.  Hmm, on second thoughts, Fulham in the Champions League...

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 01, 2016, 08:24:59 PM
I would ignore all of the possibilities given BUT stop Ernie Clay selling the club to David Bulstrode.

Yes, then a few years later we sold Robson and Mullery and it has gone on and on over the years ever since.

The Rock

Dembele the first is the best Fulham player I've seen in my lifetime. When we sold him we were done like the dinosaurs.