watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team announced

Started by bencher, December 13, 2016, 06:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bencher

As some had suggested/predicted, Ream and Malone dropped for Madl and Sessegnon. Rest of the team as was.

Mince n Tatties

Would have given Smith a run out against them as Martin can't play v Derby.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 13, 2016, 06:56:12 PM
Would have given Smith a run out against them as Martin can't play v Derby.

But surely if we are to rest players for Saturday the one player you don't leave out is the one who isn't available Saturday? I'm sure if we are winning comfortably whoever is taking his place for Derby will get a good run out.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

Smith hasn't had a kick for weeks help him match fit wise.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 13, 2016, 07:02:50 PM

Yes but if he takes a knock we would be in trouble if Smith is our only option.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

It took Ross 6 weeks after every pre season to look match sharp lol. So I doubt 90mins will turn Smith into much more of a threat Saturday.

I totally get your thinking but in my opinion if we were to rest players it should have been the likes of Fredericks and Malone, not Martin who will get a break at the weekend.

Changing the subject I don't even think I'd play Smith. I've posted it a few times, I'd bring Piazon in and play without a recognised striker.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

Am happy to see pnly 2 changes, the boys have been playing well (bar Saturday's 2nd half) so stick with them
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 13, 2016, 07:13:34 PM

Yes but if he takes a knock we would be in trouble if Smith is our only option.

You can't just not pick a player because he might get a knock,it could happen to the whole side.

westcliff white

id rather Martin start today and someone else Saturday, get the 3 points tonight
Every day is a Fulham day

Twig

I woild have given Betts a chance. Just hope there are no clangers from Button.

Mince n Tatties

HamsterWheel

On the official Fulham App, the team that was announced at 7pm was one different to the one that actually started. Betinelli was shown as the goalie!
Wish he had started to be honest. Button just isn't making any saves. Competent enough initially this season but at the weekend all 4 goals looked slightly saveable. And last night though I don't fault him for the goal (even though near post as he was slightly unsighted) his distribution was awful, passed a few times to defenders not ready for the ball, one of which we were lucky not to concede from.
Time for Marcus to get another chance.

MJG

Quote from: HamsterWheel on December 14, 2016, 09:45:39 AM
On the official Fulham App, the team that was announced at 7pm was one different to the one that actually started. Betinelli was shown as the goalie!
Wish he had started to be honest. Button just isn't making any saves. Competent enough initially this season but at the weekend all 4 goals looked slightly saveable. And last night though I don't fault him for the goal (even though near post as he was slightly unsighted) his distribution was awful, passed a few times to defenders not ready for the ball, one of which we were lucky not to concede from.
Apart from the save two minutes from time last night when I thought they were going to make it 2-2

copthornemike

Quote from: HamsterWheel on December 14, 2016, 09:45:39 AM
As noted by Mike his save towards the end prevented the equaliser - and just important his interventions in the first 20 minutes meant we did not go 2-0 down.
Fair point about Button passing to defenders who were not ready for the ball - but that goes two ways, they should be alert enough to expect the ball the way we currently play the ball out of defence. My more detailed criticicism would be that he does sometimes does not pass it out to our defenders quickly enough when he gains possession. On a few occassions last night a quick release to Fredericks or Sessignon whilst the opposition were re-grouping would have allowed them to run into space. He tends to be too cautious and holds onto the ball too long allowing the opposition to regroup.
My one other observation from last night - why do we not put one of our pacier, shorter players (Aluko or Ayite) upfield when the opposition have a set piece? When we clear the ball it will always go to the opposition. Yet with Aluko up front they will need to keep at least two, possibly three defenders back and with his pace you would fancy his chances in a foot race against many defenders.