watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Derby?

Started by @jolslover, December 14, 2016, 08:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

The big debate will be who starts up top.

I would go with this, With Piazon playing as a false 9

Button, Fredericks Madl Kalas Malone, Mcdonald Johansen Cairney, Aluko Piazon Ayite.

I don't believe Woodrow is good enough to start, and Smith (imo) negatively effects our overall play. Don't think Humphrys is ready but would like to see him on the bench.
STH H3

Snibbo

Quote from: Statto on December 14, 2016, 09:06:54 AM
I was thinking the same thing last night about Piazon

I'm torn between that and the alternative, Matt Smith

This is all assuming Martin can't play which seems likely, but isn't a foregone conclusion until Jokanovic confirms, which he hasn't as yes, as far as I'm aware

I'd also be inclined to bring Sig back in for Madl, who didn't look good enough last night IMO

I suspect it will be Piazon with Smith on in the 2nd half if we're struggling

Chutney

Woodrow for me, scored a brace against derby last season in a much weaker fulham side, given a chance in front of cairney, ayite and aluko he could shine, just needs the opportunity.
C O Y W

westcliff white

I think Woodrow has had a lot of chances to shine, however given the options available for the front role I would put him in for this game. Humnphreys is unlikely, he will be on th ebench at best, Smith I just dont see it working in this formation with him, so for me Woodrow for this one game. However I thnk Joka will go with Smith.
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

We have a striker problem, no doubt about that.
On Saturday we should start with Smith for the first 30 minutes, then Woodrow for 30 minutes, finishing with Humphreys for the final 30 minutes. That may give the Derby back four something different to think about.

Carborundum

Woodrow's last outing included a good assist, winning a penalty and then missing it.  The capable Chris Martin only managed one of those three last night.  Thought he was terrific against 'Boro and the Orient goals speak for themselves.  And yet he has hardly been on the pitch this year.

Hoping to see CW on Saturday and frankly puzzled by some of the negative sentiment towards him.

Matt Smith seems a great guy but usually if he is on the pitch we play horrible football that Championship defenders lap up.  Piazon up front seems like a recipe for role confusion. 

MJG

Quote from: Statto on December 14, 2016, 11:12:39 AM
If Woodrow is playing I hope it's announced in the press conference on Friday rather than at 2pm on Saturday, because by 2pm on Saturday I'll already be en route to the game and it will be too late to stay at home
Or change seat from Row x?

bill taylors apprentice

We played for most of last nights game as if Martin wasn't even on the pitch.

He may have worked hard in keeping the defenders busy while others were moving the ball amongst themselves but his team mates hardly brought him into the game.

So playing Smith won't make much difference as long as he makes a nuisance of himself and the ball sticks more often than not but he wont last 90 mins if he plays.

Smith would be the safe option (and a big blow to him if not picked) but I lean towards Piazon due to his control of the ball and ability to link the play.

It will be interesting to see how the manager sees it !

dannyboi-ffc

Been saying this ever since the question came up weeks ago about this game without Martin. Smith can't be match fit cos he never even comes off the bench. Piazon and Ayite on the other hand who seem to rotate the last attacking slot are both much sharper and offer more.

Not sure whether you go with Piazon or Ayite as the false 9 but for me it's the usual team with one of these two on the wing and the other up top.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Ordar

Woodrow is not good enough for this division and has had plenty of opportunities to grab a starting place. I would assume that Aluko will play up top, with Piazon wide.

Although the formation we play seems to suggest we need a target man, at no point during the way we play does it suit that sort of player. Someone like Nahki Wells would be amazing up top with how we play

bencher

I would use Ayite as the 'striker' with Piazon in the deeper role. But I would expect them to chop and change during the game, and they have both shown some decent finishing at times, so I'm not overly concerned about Martin's absence. Ayite is looking sharp and confident, and making his own chances as well as finishing ones he gets on the end of.

fulhamben

Quote from: bencher on December 14, 2016, 12:15:45 PM
I would use Ayite as the 'striker' with Piazon in the deeper role. But I would expect them to chop and change during the game, and they have both shown some decent finishing at times, so I'm not overly concerned about Martin's absence. Ayite is looking sharp and confident, and making his own chances as well as finishing ones he gets on the end of.
and he has scored double the headers that Smith has
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

stunned anyone has the lack of memry to say woodrow has had a good chance.
patently he has never had a proper chance, twice dropped after man of the match performances.... hardly a way to encourage and develop. he needs a proper run in the team and in my opinion, his style and skills are ideally suited to what we do now.
martin is serially awful but remains in the team, smith is what he is. woodrow can count himself very unlucky indeed.

However it will be smith, no question in my mind.

@jolslover

Quote from: bencher on December 14, 2016, 12:15:45 PM

Sounds great
STH H3