watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackpool - what can we expect?

Started by Jimpav, August 25, 2010, 10:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Thrashing Wigan away and then falling to MK Dons in a 4-3 thriller.

We have showed both grit and attack in our matches against Bolton and Man U.

What next - a lucky win for the home side, a thrashing for us, a thrashing for them or a hard fought draw.

They are an unknown quantity at this stage but this is a key match whatever the season holds for us.

3 points would be a big boost in our campaign and would group us with the unbeaten candidates who are all vying for Europe.

A loss woudl not be disastrous as we fell to Hull at a similar stage in the season and bounced back well.

With home fixtures against Wolves and Everton to come this could be the start of something beautiful.

AlFayedsChequebook

We really should be aiming for a win here. Luckily I can imagine that Hughes will be setting the team up to beat Blackpool rather than not lose. Anything less than a draw (and even then..) would be disappointing.

Blackpool are a championship standard team who we really should outclass. However, nothing is a given in football and I could see an exciting match that Blackpool win. Hopefully the resolve we showed against Man Utd will be on show again and a professional job will be done.

Blackpool 1-3 Fulham

Fernhurst

Blackpool - what can we expect?

We can expect exactly what we got at Hull the season they came up ..... a bloody difficult game played at 100 mile an hour. Against Hull we buckled and lost, much to my fury, but I have money on us winning at Blackpool.
We have matured considerably as a team since the Hull game and have Englands Centre Forward in fine form.

COYW

epsomraver

We must be looking for a win in their cup final, it is their first home game and hopefully Arse knocked their confidence back, a good passing team should beat them every time for pace

Teabag

It's their first home game in the premiership and they will be probably be playing out of their skins. It's the worst time to play a team that has just come up - same with Hull a couple of seasons ago. We will have to be at our best and the players shouldn't expect an easy ride.

LRCN

we are almost literally a league above them, they have such little quality in their squad anything above 20th will be an achievement so if we don't win i'll be disappointed. we shouldn't take them lightly, obviously they've earnt the right to play in the league and it won't be easy but we should win.

SmithyFFC

If we don't win at least two-nil theres definatley something wrong.

4-1 to the whites  :dft012:

COYW
FTID

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 25, 2010, 12:00:26 PM

COYW

TBH, I would take a scrappy 1-0 win!

SmithyFFC

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 25, 2010, 12:09:11 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 25, 2010, 12:00:26 PM

COYW

TBH, I would take a scrappy 1-0 win!

So would I!!!
FTID

FatFreddysCat

I think the very least you should be looking for is a drunken fondle with some pissed northern bird and if your lucky you might get all three points  :015:

The Equalizer

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 25, 2010, 12:14:12 PM
I think the very least you should be looking for is a drunken fondle with some pissed northern bird and if your lucky you might get all three points  :015:

Class.  :54:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

jarv

Any win will do. Ido not think MH will allow for a "Fulhamish" performance. Anotehr goal off BZ's arse will be fine.

Lighthouse

A nice stick of rock. Bad for the teeth but very nice. Candyfloss and a few donkey rides. The Golden Mile.

Good footballing side Blackpool. So are we. Should be a good game to watch. But call me what you like, I seem to remember us struggling against promoted sides. The worst side in the Prem by some distance for some time were Hull and yet we surrendered at their place.

So a win would be nice berfore yet anither International break but a draw is likely and God forbid a defeat is even more likely. Another chance to prove we are a better side under Hughes. Or the same.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 25, 2010, 01:12:00 PM
A nice stick of rock. Bad for the teeth but very nice. Candyfloss and a few donkey rides. The Golden Mile.

Good footballing side Blackpool. So are we. Should be a good game to watch. But call me what you like, I seem to remember us struggling against promoted sides. The worst side in the Prem by some distance for some time were Hull and yet we surrendered at their place.

So a win would be nice berfore yet anither International break but a draw is likely and God forbid a defeat is even more likely. Another chance to prove we are a better side under Hughes. Or the same.

Ray of Sunshine? (Light)

HatterDon

This is a worrying match for the reasons listed above. I can't forget Hull away a couple years back.

having said that, we're winning 1-3. This is the match where MarkyMark's philosophy shines through. We'll get an early lead, and then counterattack the rest of the day.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

I think you might be right, HD. They'll be desperate to do well in their first home game (some three weeks into the season), and I can see them trying just that little bit too hard - and they'll be there fore the taking. 0-2.

cebu

They'll pick up most of their points at home this season, so I'm expecting a really close game. I'm hoping we'll edge it by the odd goal.